: if you wanna sit it on em 22's...

CadMan4life
02-21-08, 06:04 PM
1. Go with a 22x8.5 or anything less thats even better

2. You'll be fine with the back, no mods needed

3. The front is tricky. The strut can be carved but you'll need to do a lot of it. The simplest way, (not the cheapest) is to raise the car. Go with 1.5" to 2".

4. One of the fender lips in the front (end one) will for sure rub when you make turns, and not just u-turns. It's best to shave some of it but thats an option.

Pretty much this is what you will need. Slapping the wheel on just like that with no mods won't work. The thing won't even bolt on because of the strut. So there you have it, follow these and you can make 22's fit on your Catera.

elvin315
02-21-08, 07:03 PM
I know it's your car to do with whatever you please but why go through all that trouble and expense to end up with tires that will rub and "carved" struts (whatever they are)? A car that can't perform a simple U-Turn without damaging those expensive tires. It makes no sense to me. Taking a car that handles as well as the Catera does and turning it into one that's pretty to look at but ugly to drive. It might even be dangerous. If your tires rub on the inside you'll never know the tires are cut until they blow.

Elvin

mrplease
02-21-08, 07:51 PM
damn that sucks. i don't like the idea of raising a car to make wheels fit. i don't really like the idea of having to do any mods to make them fit either. before i bought my cts i made sure 22's would fit without doing any mods before i even bought the car...

well enough with the lecturing... where are the pics!!!!!!!

mrplease
02-27-08, 02:08 AM
where are those pics?!?!?!?

ariza034
02-28-08, 01:29 AM
not trying to steal your thred but wondering what would be the wides wheels that i could put on the catera 19x10?

CateraMV6
02-28-08, 07:33 AM
I know 265s fit as MyOpel has them on his Steinmetz wheels but those are only 18s... I currently have 245s on mine and they are about 10" wide the rims however are only 7.5"x17 With a spacer you can add another inch or so back there...