: Seat question

403HP
02-21-08, 02:34 PM
Anyone know how to remove the back of the bucket seats? There is a panel on the rear of them that comes off. It looks like you should pull it straigh up and then toward teh back of the truck.

403HP
02-22-08, 08:42 AM
Any ideas? Carl, with your wealth of knowledge:bulb: I would have thought you would know.

Blackout997SC
02-22-08, 09:17 AM
I had it done by Cartronix yesterday (and watched) because I could not get them off myself. You do need to pull up and out and it works. Just be careful not to break the clips. Go from the top because we could not get a hold on the botton. Actually we could not even remove the bottom, but we had enough access to feed our wires through the opening once the top and middle werer pulled out.

403HP
02-22-08, 02:20 PM
Blackout - thanks. That the way I thought it should work but i guess I was affraid of pulling too hard. I will try it again. I will be wireing my headrest monitors into the dash GPS video if it works.

Neosonic
02-25-08, 11:07 PM
let me ask...

hcvone
02-26-08, 08:04 AM
Glad you got the answer, I have never taken the seats apart, yet. :)

403HP
02-27-08, 08:01 PM
I had it done by Cartronix yesterday (and watched) because I could not get them off myself. You do need to pull up and out and it works. Just be careful not to break the clips. Go from the top because we could not get a hold on the botton. Actually we could not even remove the bottom, but we had enough access to feed our wires through the opening once the top and middle werer pulled out.

Treid it Blackout but could not get it to work. I pulled up as hard as I could and then back. No go. I have an EXT. Are the seat backs differant?

Blackout997SC
02-27-08, 09:24 PM
I have AC seats so I dont know if they are different than yours, but we definately pulled up and out if not out and up from the top. Remember, I could not get it myself (I was scared I would break it) so I got CarTronix to do pull it.