: Cadillac has changed.

v10boost
02-21-08, 04:34 AM
I have cts-v, before I always preferred europrean or lexus cars. Past few years my bmw 750 and benz GL450 has given me so much problems. Lot more than I expected from 75000+ cars. Long story short mercedes bought my GL back from me and 750Li still goes into shops all the time. I have few months left and probably not going to buy european cars for some time.

I have been very happy with my cts and today i went to dealer to check out the replacement for my 06 bmw 750, lease is almost up and I can't wait. I walked into showroom and saw silver sts and started to check out the car. Fit and finish on the car is great and I really like the sharp design cadillac is going after. I sat inside and found interior to be very nice. it is not like european and japanese car with million buttons and crazy i drive. Interior is very simple but I think it is beautiful. Everything is very easy to use and very clean lay out. Interior is not cluttered, IMO this is what real high end design should be. So far I really like the car than I check out window sticker and I even like it more. This was v6 awd, which means i can drive year around, sts with all the options and it was 52000. I asked sales man and he told me that I can get into it for high 40s. this is half the price of new bmw 7, audi a8, lexus 460 and s550. Sure this car doesn't have all the toys but i don't want them anyways. What a value for nice car.

Not only the sts, my rental was new cts and i really enjoyed driving it. I much prefer new cts over c-class and a4. I do have soft side for bmw's new I-6 twin turbo motor so I am going to leave out 3 and 5series bmw.

It doesn't stop at the Cadillac line. I think domestic cars in general are getting very competitive or even better than imported cars. For value, there is no question you get much more with domestics cars imho. I also like GM's new style with all new cars with very bold design. Anyway, I think we all should reconsider domestic cars when it is time to purchase new car. I just don't see what i'm getting more with import cars with double the price tags now days.

My wife still doesn't like cadillac because like most people, she thinks it is grandparents car but I think they are good looking and very sporty cars now.

Sorry about the long post.

v10boost
02-21-08, 04:44 AM
One more thing, when i dropped off my cadillac at service, they put me into another cadillac. Not like bmw and mercedes, which they always put me in compact cars through enterprise rental cars. Drop off 90k bmw and i get into 15k compact. Drop off 80k suv and i get into 15k compact. Serivce is definitly better at cadillac dealership.

93DevilleUSMC
02-21-08, 05:28 AM
I have cts-v, before I always preferred europrean or lexus cars. Past few years my bmw 750 and benz GL450 has given me so much problems. Lot more than I expected from 75000+ cars. Long story short mercedes bought my GL back from me and 750Li still goes into shops all the time. I have few months left and probably not going to buy european cars for some time.

I have been very happy with my cts and today i went to dealer to check out the replacement for my 06 bmw 750, lease is almost up and I can't wait. I walked into showroom and saw silver sts and started to check out the car. Fit and finish on the car is great and I really like the sharp design cadillac is going after. I sat inside and found interior to be very nice. it is not like european and japanese car with million buttons and crazy i drive. Interior is very simple but I think it is beautiful. Everything is very easy to use and very clean lay out. Interior is not cluttered, IMO this is what real high end design should be. So far I really like the car than I check out window sticker and I even like it more. This was v6 awd, which means i can drive year around, sts with all the options and it was 52000. I asked sales man and he told me that I can get into it for high 40s. this is half the price of new bmw 7, audi a8, lexus 460 and s550. Sure this car doesn't have all the toys but i don't want them anyways. What a value for nice car.

Not only the sts, my rental was new cts and i really enjoyed driving it. I much prefer new cts over c-class and a4. I do have soft side for bmw's new I-6 twin turbo motor so I am going to leave out 3 and 5series bmw.

It doesn't stop at the Cadillac line. I think domestic cars in general are getting very competitive or even better than imported cars. For value, there is no question you get much more with domestics cars imho. I also like GM's new style with all new cars with very bold design. Anyway, I think we all should reconsider domestic cars when it is time to purchase new car. I just don't see what i'm getting more with import cars with double the price tags now days.

My wife still doesn't like cadillac because like most people, she thinks it is grandparents car but I think they are good looking and very sporty cars now.

I think that America in general is adapting to the new way of the world, with Cadillac being a particular American item. The American automotive industry has been getting outsold and outclassed by the European and Asian markets for almost two decades now. The Europeans and Asians have done this by selling American buyers cars that were faster, more agile, more prestigious, and more reliable than any domestic American offering. So, what does Cadillac do? Out build, out perform, and make more prestigious their vehicles. The result being an American brand that does everything the import luxury brands do while doing it far better.

gary88
02-21-08, 12:41 PM
I actually like when I have to go in for service, because my dealer treats me so well. Everyone is friendly, and service is prompt. I've gotten to know most people on a first name basis. They try their hardest to keep you in a Cadillac loaner, but if not then they'll always have some other '08 GM in the rental lot. Even those are pretty enjoyable, I was kinda impressed by the '08 Saturn Vue I once got.

GM in general, especially Cadillac, is really starting to step it up a notch.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-21-08, 01:33 PM
It's great to hear this from someone who used to solely buy Lexus and European cars. Because you're the folks that Cadillac targeted when they started their brand revision.

v10boost
02-21-08, 01:40 PM
It's great to hear this from someone who used to solely buy Lexus and European cars. Because you're the folks that Cadillac targeted when they started their brand revision.

Well, i'm no new to cadillac, infact, my parents always owned deville. I was very sad or kinda worried when i found out about deville being discontinued because it really is last affordable full size luxury sedan. Deville is FWD so it is also year around car as well. Than I saw new sts awd and realized cadillac has great replacement.

Cadillacboy
02-21-08, 01:40 PM
Thanks for your thread and appreciate that . Good to hear Cadillac being more reliable over MB .I must admit I'm disappointed at the new GL class as well.

v10boost
02-21-08, 01:42 PM
I also have other toy car and it happens to be u.s built dodge viper. There were other import cars available in same price range but imports didn't deliver rawness of the viper or the big block torque. Also, viper happens to be drivers car without all of those electronic aids, I don't want car driving for me.

Lord Cadillac
02-21-08, 03:35 PM
You can probably get an extra $1000.00 off by asking your sales person about the Cadillac "Conquest" deal. If you have a Mercedes, BMW, Lexus, etcetera - and move into a brand new Cadillac, they give you a discount...

eyekandyboats.inc
02-21-08, 04:51 PM
LORD Cadillac
wow i never knew that.
thats really quite cool.

But why are they no giving the current customers who comes back for more discounts.
I mean we are the people buying again and again. How about. 1K off for every Cadillac you have owned in the past 5
. thats all. Just my $0.02

Cadillac Tony
02-21-08, 05:23 PM
Glad to hear the positive reviews on the quality and fit/finish from you, v10boost. Cadillac is trying hard to bridge the gap between the "perceived" quality and the "actual" quality of their new products, and a lot of people don't realize you can get 90% of the car for 50% of the price (when compared to the European makes). Thanks for sharing.

This is the reason that Cadillac targets "conquests" with incentives, and not people who already own Cadillacs- they're counting on the good experience with your car to bring you back, while the extra $1,000 may lure in someone who hasn't looked at Cadillac recently.

thebigjimsho
02-21-08, 05:32 PM
So, Cadillac is "the John", new customers are hookers?

Playdrv4me
02-22-08, 10:21 AM
Sorry to hear about the problems you've had with your BMW and Mercedes, but every brand has its issues. For me? BMW has given me VERY few problems, EVEN with my 2003 Range Rover (which is just a fancy BMW) knock on wood!

With that said, it is pleasing to hear that Cadillac has won you over.

BigJon
02-22-08, 11:27 AM
glad to see another person coming over to the cadillac side.

v10boost
02-22-08, 11:48 AM
yes, cadillac is great car and they should continue to come up with new ideas. One of the idea i always thought about is blood pressure monitor built into cars steering wheel. cheap treadmill comes with one by holding on to rails. Could this be done by holding on to steering wheel? Cadillac is steering towards younger buyers but still majority buyers are older and americans have high blood pressure so i think this would be neat funtion which no other manufactures have. On star calls for help automatically when air bag deploys and with this kinda of funtion, I think they could get better idea what is happening to driver after accident. Anyway just a thought.

The Tony Show
02-22-08, 01:46 PM
The "blood pressure monitor" idea reminds me of the old fake OnStar clip that was circulating the Internet where the guy's OnStar calls his Wife when it catches him checking out some women at a stoplight.

:lol:

v10boost
02-22-08, 09:26 PM
Haha, i saw silmilar ad, but why not, cars now days have tv and refrigerator and they have nothing to do with driving. at least monitor can show you should drive or not.