: GMpartsdirect in Canada?

Paco.
02-20-08, 12:18 PM
Does anyone know the equivalent of gmpartsdirect.com in Canada??

Caddyshack100
02-22-08, 07:33 PM
I have been down this road already, the closest we have up here is GM parts House, they deliver to Canada and also try Rock Auto, they also deliver up here, I got a heaterblowermotor for a 99 Seville STS that was quoted 340 plus tax and it had to come from Alberta from a GM dealer, also 10 days to wait, got it from RockAuto in 2 days and it was the same motor, and for 130 dollars, and ironically, the motor is made in Canada. Give those places a try, now that the dollar is at or over par, it gets really cheap to buy parts

eyekandyboats.inc
02-23-08, 10:54 AM
i bought from rock auto and it was fast shipping to here.

Paco.
02-26-08, 03:38 PM
I have been down this road already, the closest we have up here is GM parts House, they deliver to Canada and also try Rock Auto, they also deliver up here, I got a heaterblowermotor for a 99 Seville STS that was quoted 340 plus tax and it had to come from Alberta from a GM dealer, also 10 days to wait, got it from RockAuto in 2 days and it was the same motor, and for 130 dollars, and ironically, the motor is made in Canada. Give those places a try, now that the dollar is at or over par, it gets really cheap to buy parts

Coool! thanks for the heads up! They got the V grille for only $176!!! (Rock Auto)

creeker
03-02-08, 07:16 PM

Is there any red tape or hassles getting orders across the border? tnx Ken

Caddyshack100
03-02-08, 07:33 PM
Not really, you just have to watch what they write on the customs slip for value, if its full value then you will end up paying both taxes and a small charge for their trouble, if possible stay away from USPS, not that there is anything wrong with them, they are great, but they have to interchange with Canada Post, not so great, therefore use UPS, and pay for the fastest shipping available, you get it from one carrier and all customs clearances are done. I get all my tools from NTX in Ohio, great service and even better prices on scantools etc, even with the taxes, which is on the american price and not canadian, you will still save about 40 to 80 percent above what they will charge up here, its a shame really, there is no reason for it.

creeker
03-04-08, 03:23 PM
Not really, you just have to watch what they write on the customs slip for value, if its full value then you will end up paying both taxes and a small charge for their trouble, if possible stay away from USPS, not that there is anything wrong with them, they are great, but they have to interchange with Canada Post, not so great, therefore use UPS, and pay for the fastest shipping available, you get it from one carrier and all customs clearances are done. I get all my tools from NTX in Ohio, great service and even better prices on scantools etc, even with the taxes, which is on the american price and not canadian, you will still save about 40 to 80 percent above what they will charge up here, its a shame really, there is no reason for it.

Thank you

brougham
03-05-08, 07:14 PM
I always get people to send stuff with the post office. UPS rips you off when they come to your door.

Caddyshack100
03-05-08, 08:57 PM
I am glad to hear that you have no hassles with Canada Post, UPS or Canada Post will still charge me the same when they come to the door, at least UPS will come to the door, Canada Post treats us like 3rd class citizens and has us either come to the postoffice to pay or will leave a slip for us to go to another town to pickup the order. For me, having one carrier and having all the paperwork done is terrific.

brougham
03-07-08, 04:48 PM
I dont think I ever had to pay for a package from Canada Post and if I did it was never as much has what UPS charges. Usually they leave the package at the door its only happened a couple times that they left the slip and I had to pick it up. UPS always charges something like $50 every time they come.

Caddyshack100
03-08-08, 09:36 AM
Wow, 50 dollars, no wonder you are down on UPS, When I order out of the states, if the company I am doing business with, puts the full amount down on the declaration, then either CP or UPS will act as 'my' customs broker, they both charge about 8 dollars for this and also will collect the two taxes on 'my' behalf, Up to 200 dollars declared amount usually means no charge and they will drop off the parcel, more than that and thats where the charges come in. Duty will also play a part if the product I am buying does not have a free trade agreement with Canada.

Likarok
03-29-08, 04:59 PM
I tryed Jim Pace parts and they are not bad to deal with but the problem is they ship with UPS. I won't deal with them again because of UPS.......remember those Dale Jarrett commercials....what can brown do for you? Well I would like to say that that actually is a good slogan for them to use because the brown they give you is Shttyyyyyyy service.:mad:

Deal with any US dealer that ships DSL or USPS and you are away!!!!!!!

Albertan
03-30-08, 04:29 PM
Remember why the use the name UPS. It is pronounced "OOPS". Actually my company uses them to import a lot of smaller stuff. No major problems.