: Best Cold Air Intake

redline.inc
02-20-08, 11:49 AM
I was wondering what is the best CAR, and where to buy it? Any information is good.

rand49er
02-20-08, 12:03 PM
Mine here in South Lyon.

:histeric:

redline.inc
02-20-08, 01:05 PM
I am a dumbass that can't type right now. I wanted to know the best Cold Air Intake and where to buy? Sorry for the miss type.

LUVMY04V
02-20-08, 01:09 PM
I think its mostly about looks......

according to what I know the best for the money...... k&n drop in filter

Best for the looks ........Volant

Best for street cred when you pop your hood..... Lingenfelter

These are all opinions though.

StealthV
02-20-08, 01:41 PM
A brand new AC Delco paper filter.

LUVMY04V
02-20-08, 01:45 PM
A brand new AC Delco paper filter.What do you know old man :p Its not like you've ever experimented :histeric: You probebly dont even have a v anymore :hide:

JK ;) can i have the old custom made one off your wrecked v?? :D

V's-V
02-20-08, 08:54 PM
I put this Lingenfelter CAI in my 06 V. Im very happy with it and get alot of compliments on it too. Pretty easy install, I'm a carpenter by trade, if I can do it anybody can. Good luck with your choice. :thumbsup:

SkullV
02-20-08, 08:58 PM
I have the K&N CAI on mine and I love it, never gives me any problems and its a very simple install....its basically the lingenfelter kit with a better intake tube!

rand49er
02-20-08, 09:11 PM
A brand new AC Delco paper filter.I'm thinkin' of dumping my washable, will-last-forever K&N and going this route.

CTSV_Rob
02-21-08, 01:55 AM
I think its mostly about looks......

according to what I know the best for the money...... k&n drop in filter

Best for the looks ........Volant

Best for street cred when you pop your hood..... Lingenfelter

These are all opinions though.
Did you mean Lingerfinger?

Naf
02-21-08, 02:48 AM
I'm thinkin' of dumping my washable, will-last-forever K&N and going this route.

Buddy how could you say that...:canttalk:...I thought you were one of us...

You have to admit the roar when you are pushin the peddle brings a grin to yor face...Puttin in paper will put a choke chain on you lion not lettin her ROAR but meow

lunarx
02-21-08, 04:18 AM
I'm sure Rand just let the cold get the best of him temporarily.
It must be tough washing a K&N in sub zero weather. :annoyed:

cobrayankee
02-21-08, 08:46 AM
Buddy how could you say that...:canttalk:...I thought you were one of us...

You have to admit the roar when you are pushin the peddle brings a grin to yor face...Puttin in paper will put a choke chain on you lion not lettin her ROAR but meow

If you can hear the "roar" from your filter then that just means you need a new exhaust.

StealthV
02-21-08, 09:07 AM
This must be the part where I'm getting old - The air filter's sole purpose in life is to filter the air.

Twitch
02-21-08, 11:00 AM
If you can hear the "roar" from your filter then that just means you need a new exhaust.

The CAI does make it sound better, but the stock works pretty good though. I only bought mine cuz I got a deal on it. A few more bucks and you can get a wheel-hop kit. Much better use of your $$$

Luna.
02-21-08, 05:30 PM
This must be the part where I'm getting old - The air filter's sole purpose in life is to filter the air.

I'm still LOL at this comment... :histeric:

I'm almost disappointed that no one has said the best decision for an air filter is to just look at your bank account and be happy you didn't spend money on one...

Ferny
02-21-08, 06:49 PM
i just bought a drop in K&N. cant really feal the difference but owell. only 40 bucks!

CTSV_Rob
02-21-08, 07:37 PM
Sounds like someone may be getting a four cylinder with an auto soon.

"A cars sole purpose is to get you from point A to point B"

nxlr8
02-21-08, 08:22 PM
best COLD air intake...

Just drive around in Chicagoland... not much colder intake than this!!!

CTSV_Rob
02-21-08, 08:41 PM
:umno:

theloanman219
02-21-08, 09:59 PM
Randy can't hear the whistle of a CAI over his maggie :)

Don't we have a rule. More air in and more air out = more HP and TQ?

randycsvt
02-22-08, 12:57 AM
I searched every thread I could find regarding cold air intakes and settled on getting a LINGERFINGER intake and doing my own homemade FFV intake. The LINGERFINGER looked like it had a better heatshield, and the K&N seems to have a small filter.

First I tried just the LINGERFINGER and the stock intake tube. No difference in performance, but it did sound meaner.

Next I installed my homemade FFV intake tube to go along with it. No change in sound, no felt difference in performance.

I then put the stock intake tube back on because it looked nicer, fit better, and was not homemade.

If I find a volant tube or K&N tube cheap I will add it, but the stock one works fine now. I would really just change it for looks. I didn't think the homemade tube looked very professional.

I got my intake pretty cheap, and that is probably the only reason I experimented with it. Unless you really want your car to be a little louder or look meaner I would recommend you keep it stock and put your mod money to better use.

FYI: my car is stock other than my mod attempts listed above.

rand49er
02-22-08, 08:53 AM
Seems like I read somewhere that the K&N filter is actually more restrictive (to airflow) than the stock, paper version. That kinda stuck in my head ... sorta like a Fingerlinger. :D

redline.inc
02-22-08, 11:42 AM
Thanks for all the help. I think I will just drop in a K&N and spend the rest on a Anti Wheel Hop kit.