: 1957 Cadillac Sedan De Ville For Sale UK

BRINO
02-20-08, 06:47 AM
FW: 1957 Cadillac Sedan De Ville for sale

The story so far.

In 1995 I bought a 1957 Cadillac Sedan De Ville, black with white roof.

Since then I have done absolutely nothing to it save moving it from garage to garage and nearly killing myself in the process.

The vehicle was, and still is, in need of total restoration. (I can send photos if needed.)

I have nearly reached the 50 year old mark and I have decided that there is no way I am going to get the car on the road so reluctantly I am going to get rid of it.

The car is virtually complete although there appears to be a lot of the chrome and stainless missing, there is also some glass broken.

It originally came from Texas and it has the Continental Kit fitted.

I put the word out that I was looking to sell the vehicle as it is for 1000.

A guy contacted me and came to look at it.

Apparently he is looking to put it round the banger track!

Whilst I do not really want to see, or hear that the car has been scrapped, especially on a race track, obviously the money will be useful plus I could use the space it is taking up.

We agreed the 1000 and he said would come and collect after Xmas.

Well you guessed it, he is giving me the run around so I thought I would contact you to see if you know of anyone who may be interested in it.

Like I said it would need total restoration, engine seized rusty boot bonnet etc. which I have neither the time, facilities nor finance to do.

Presently it is stored in a container about 10 miles away from where I live in Torquay, it cannot really be viewed as it was a pig to get into the container and I don’t want to be getting it in and out every five minutes, I am hoping to only get it out once when someone decides to buy and collect it.

I do have photos from when I first bought it and then I have a lot taken 18 months ago when it was last moved, hopefully someone can judge the possibilities of restoration from these photos.

It would need to be collected on a beaver tail, with really good winch, low loader or a really heavy duty trailer, given the weight of the vehicle.

Next problem is that the “Banger Racer” says he will have the money and come for it in early March.

Having owned the car for over 12 years and also having owned 2 Vauxhall PA Cresta’s, once since 1979, I really don’t want to see it get smashed up, if it has to be scrapped I would rather see the parts go to someone who will use the parts constructively.

I personally do not want to get involved in breaking it up for parts as I have neither the time nor inclination so I would want it gone as a complete unit.

Do you know of anyone that may be interested in buying it?

Like I said time is of the essence as if the “Banger Racer” turns up with the readies then I would obviously let it go to him.

If you could let me know I would be extremely grateful.

Please feel free to give out my e-mail and or phone numbers to your members or anyone you may think would be interested.

Many thanks.

Steve Brinsley.

01803 326756 Evenings mainly

07074 326756 Beware this number is expensive to telephone.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: 20 February 2008 11:03
To: robthom1uk@yahoo.co.uk
Subject:

The story so far.

In 1995 I bought a 1957 Cadillac Sedan De Ville, black with white roof.

Since then I have done absolutely nothing to it save moving it from garage to garage and nearly killing myself in the process.

The vehicle was, and still is, in need of total restoration. (I can send photos if needed.)

I have nearly reached the 50 year old mark and I have decided that there is no way I am going to get the car on the road so reluctantly I am going to get rid of it.

The car is virtually complete although there appears to be a lot of the chrome and stainless missing, there is also some glass broken.

It originally came from Texas and it has the Continental Kit fitted.

I put the word out that I was looking to sell the vehicle as it is for 1000.

A guy contacted me and came to look at it.

Apparently he is looking to put it round the banger track!

Whilst I do not really want to see, or hear that the car has been scrapped, especially on a race track, obviously the money will be useful plus I could use the space it is taking up.

We agreed the 1000 and he said would come and collect after Xmas.

Well you guessed it, he is giving me the run around so I thought I would contact you to see if you know of anyone who may be interested in it.

Like I said it would need total restoration, engine seized rusty boot bonnet etc. which I have neither the time, facilities nor finance to do.

Presently it is stored in a container about 10 miles away from where I live in Torquay, it cannot really be viewed as it was a pig to get into the container and I don’t want to be getting it in and out every five minutes, I am hoping to only get it out once when someone decides to buy and collect it.

I do have photos from when I first bought it and then I have a lot taken 18 months ago when it was last moved, hopefully someone can judge the possibilities of restoration from these photos.

It would need to be collected on a beaver tail, with really good winch, low loader or a really heavy duty trailer, given the weight of the vehicle.

Next problem is that the “Banger Racer” says he will have the money and come for it in early March.

Having owned the car for over 12 years and also having owned 2 Vauxhall PA Cresta’s, once since 1979, I really don’t want to see it get smashed up, if it has to be scrapped I would rather see the parts go to someone who will use the parts constructively.

I personally do not want to get involved in breaking it up for parts as I have neither the time nor inclination so I would want it gone as a complete unit.

Do you know of anyone that may be interested in buying it?

Like I said time is of the essence as if the “Banger Racer” turns up with the readies then I would obviously let it go to him.

If you could let me know I would be extremely grateful.

Please feel free to give out my e-mail and or phone numbers to your members or anyone you may think would be interested.

Many thanks.

Steve Brinsley.

01803 326756 Evenings mainly

07074 326756 Beware this number is expensive to telephone.

urbanski
02-20-08, 06:56 AM
FS items belong in classifieds
http://www.cadillacforums.com/cadillac-classifieds/