: Installing Backup Camera?

thetranz
02-20-08, 12:05 AM
Hi all, I had installed and reprogrammed the stock Nav. system for my Lade 07 without Nav. and Backup Camera when I bought it. Now I want to add a backup Camera. Is the truck is pre-wired from the trunk to where the Nav. system? Or do I have to run backup camera wires all the way from the trunk to the passenger's side kick harness for Backup Camera? Your inputs would appreciated.

thetranz
02-27-08, 09:29 PM
Finally, I got it done myself, work like a champ.

loupace
03-23-08, 09:29 PM
Hi, I have the same question. Was it prewired to the rear, or did you have to run wiring?

thetranz
03-23-08, 10:15 PM
You have to run backup camera cable from the back of the truck to the front passenger sidekick. you will see a connector for camera. see picture

marcev
04-08-08, 09:54 PM
Hey. Im interested in adding the oem backup camera to my 07 escalade. Is this what you used and did you get it from the dealer? Whats all involved. Thanks.

thetranz
04-09-08, 05:01 PM
I installed mine with an after market backup camera that I bough from Bestbuy. (integrated in License plate frame). Run cable all the way from the back to passenger side kick (see above connector). Camera comes with RCA video connector. I did not have a harness to hook up to a connector above therefore I cut the harness and soldered RCA plug in pink=video signal=hot, lite blue=negative=ground. Shield wire for camera 12VDC ground. All you have to connect power wire to back up lights or ignition power. Mine works like a champ. Running cables is the hard part.

marcev
04-09-08, 06:52 PM
Thanks! Im looking now to find a good camera and I'll let you know how it turns out.

c12ack
02-16-11, 08:29 PM
Sorry to bring up an old post. I have my aftermarket camera installed. But the installer couldn't remove the rear applique and therefore had to mount the camera underneath it. Two things concern me. 1) It looks tacky. 2) Children or even immature adults could easily pull the camera off or change the angle. I found a post on the chevrolet forum to remove the applique but how do you mount an aftermarket camera inside the rear applique to make it look factory? Will the applique I already have (no hole in the center/no factory camera) work? Or should I buy another applique that's already camera ready? There are a bunch on eBay. Thanks in advance.

c12ack

lucky19
02-16-11, 10:23 PM
I had to modify mine to fit in the square, then put some kind of black clay that came with it.

c12ack
02-17-11, 11:49 PM
Thanks man. The black clay is to hold the camera in place? Hows it holding up? Sucks that GM doesn't sell the camera mount separately. Seems most people in the Yukon/Tahoe forums with aftermarket cameras had to get something fabricated or some of them actually bought another applique that's "camera ready" from a salvage/junkyard. This is getting frustrating.

khilo69
11-05-11, 08:06 PM
i have the oem camera that doesnt have rca out do you need rca output to connect the camera

SouthernCaddy
11-06-11, 09:00 AM
I have a extra GM Camera I bought brand new in the box. Just incase mine goes out one day. Can you say $$ they know they are proud of them. Small little thing but for what it does it works good. My ESV came with it already. I just got a extra one.

felixgun
11-06-11, 05:32 PM
Thanks man. The black clay is to hold the camera in place? Hows it holding up? Sucks that GM doesn't sell the camera mount separately. Seems most people in the Yukon/Tahoe forums with aftermarket cameras had to get something fabricated or some of them actually bought another applique that's "camera ready" from a salvage/junkyard. This is getting frustrating.

You can buy the rear lift gate license plate appliqué with the camera built into it on gmpartsdirect.com