: Added a new ride to the stable...VIPER.

cadydaddy
02-19-08, 10:51 PM
I know have a stable of two cars, totalling 18 cylinders lol.

Just picked this 95 RT/10 up this last weekend, could I have gotten anymore opisite then my 94 Fleetwood? hmm haha.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f143/lexsee/199743420293_0_0.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f143/lexsee/199724791429_0_0.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f143/lexsee/199606846981_0_0.jpg

Rolex
02-19-08, 10:54 PM
Very nice my friend. :cool2: How many miles? How much coin did you drop? Where's the burnout video?

That's always been a sexy car. Those earlier body styles are still sleek looking, but the very first body style is starting to show it's age when you compare it to the new ones.

Spyder
02-19-08, 11:03 PM
Rolex, three very valid questions, but the last is BY FAR the most important to quickly get an answer for... ... ...

cadydaddy
02-19-08, 11:08 PM
44k Miles, almost 30k, and I may get one of those sometime soon haha as I want to get new tires soon.

This is a gen 1, 92-95, and my buddy who sold it to me has a 04 (gen 3) also and said he honeslty gets a lot more looks in the gen 1, the gen 3 blends in A LITTLE more then the gen 1.

The thing is a beast, pure torque on tap at anytime.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-19-08, 11:12 PM
Sweet Jesus. :drool:

Torque is not in short supply at your household.

cadydaddy
02-19-08, 11:15 PM
Sweet Jesus. :drool:

Torque is not in short supply at your household.

Yeah no kidding lmao.

I have the same liters in 2 cars as almost 14 older Geo metros hahahaaha.

BigJon
02-19-08, 11:26 PM
love the car wish i could own one like that cool ride to own. how does it ride and handle?

cadydaddy
02-19-08, 11:34 PM
Vipers are known for ther extremely ridgid frame, the car is very tight and does not flex or give.

It handles well, It is very sensitive to driver input, as it was made for. It will handle even better when I throw on some stickier tires!.

BigJon
02-19-08, 11:48 PM
looks sweet to bad you dont live around here..

cadydaddy
02-20-08, 12:23 AM
looks sweet to bad you dont live around here..

The car was made around there somewhere lol. hand built ftw.

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
02-20-08, 01:14 AM
We have a Viper at my tech school and after driving it I do not like them. They are cool, sporty, as fast as a vette, but driver comfort is definitely an after-thought on these. The exhaust pipes go right next to the pedals and under the door sill, so you literally get baked. My feet were completely soaked after only 10 minutes, and I had the top off and it was only about 75 out. I am also 6'4" and my knees were in the steering column, no matter what I did. The v-10 also throws me a bit. It sounds like it is running at a really high rpm simply because the timing is whacky. The hood is also a total PITA to open. The lever to pop it is under the front of the car and they you need 2 people to open it or you can snap it in half.

Nice ride though. Many people have vettes, but there aren't nearly as many that have a viper.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-20-08, 01:28 AM
The v-10 also throws me a bit. It sounds like it is running at a really high rpm simply because the timing is whacky.

Oh, yeah, that's because it's a two-stroke.

93DevilleUSMC
02-20-08, 03:00 AM
Hey, you should preerve that car. It's going to be a collectible in three years!

Destroyer
02-20-08, 07:34 AM
I love it, always wanted one but probably wont get one till there are no longer kids in the household. Congratulations, its definately a hot ride!. ;)

Destroyer
02-20-08, 07:36 AM
We have a Viper at my tech school and after driving it I do not like them. They are cool, sporty, as fast as a vette, but driver comfort is definitely an after-thought on these. The exhaust pipes go right next to the pedals and under the door sill, so you literally get baked. My feet were completely soaked after only 10 minutes, and I had the top off and it was only about 75 out. I am also 6'4" and my knees were in the steering column, no matter what I did. The v-10 also throws me a bit. It sounds like it is running at a really high rpm simply because the timing is whacky. The hood is also a total PITA to open. The lever to pop it is under the front of the car and they you need 2 people to open it or you can snap it in half.

All the stuff you just mentioned is what makes it a mans car!. You want comfort and quality without the "coolness" go get a Bimmer:crying2:.

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
02-20-08, 11:01 AM
All the stuff you just mentioned is what makes it a mans car!. You want comfort and quality without the "coolness" go get a Bimmer:crying2:.

Well if I had a choice between a Viper and a Vette, I would take the Vette hands down. Did you know that the original Vipers didn't have glass windows? They had plastic windows like on a Jeep and were opened with a zipper.

Destroyer
02-20-08, 03:32 PM
Well if I had a choice between a Viper and a Vette, I would take the Vette hands down. Did you know that the original Vipers didn't have glass windows? They had plastic windows like on a Jeep and were opened with a zipper.Yeah I know that and it just adds up to being a raw, in your face man's car, lol. Its a toy, another I would like to own is a Cobra roadster replica. Many of those dont have a top, windows or wipers!. I'd rather have a Vette for a daily driver but if its just a weekend/fun car I'd rather have a Viper. Dodge did address all the problems you pointed out and the newer ones are better sorted and more comfy plus faster but there's still something more raw and mean about the older ones. It aint everbody's cup of tea, I'll give you that.:cool2:

Night Wolf
02-20-08, 08:33 PM
Nice! :)

First time I ever saw much about the Viper was the origanal Need For Speed for Playstation.... thats also the game that made me get a Playstation :)

More pictures!

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-20-08, 08:36 PM
Yeah.....can we get a 0-60 video? Or does not video camera not record in "high speed"?

Rolex
02-20-08, 09:07 PM
there's still something more raw and mean about the older ones. It aint everbody's cup of tea, I'll give you that.:cool2:

I agree there's something primal about the first gen Viper. It's lines are still sexy as hell too. To me the car doesn't look old until you see it resting next to the newer Vipers. It's definitely a car you don't see every day.

Gen I: 1992–1995
8.0 L (488.2 cu in) V10
400 hp / 465 lb·ft
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/rolex/250px-Viper7723.jpg

Gen II: 1996–2002
8.0 L (488.2 cu in) V10
450 hp / 488 lb-ft
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/rolex/250px-Red_Dodge_Viper_GTS.jpg

Gen III: 2003–2006
8.3 L (506.5 cu in) V10
510 bhp / 535 lb·ft
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/rolex/250px-Dodge-Viper-SRT10.jpg

Gen IV: 2008-Present
8.4 L (512.6 cu in) V10
600 bhp / 560 lb·ft
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/rolex/250px-2008_ZB_Viper_Fourth_Generati.jpg

2008 Dodge Viper at Montreal Auto Show
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/rolex/180px-08_Dodge_Viper_Montreal.jpg

cadydaddy
02-20-08, 11:24 PM
Yeah I know that and it just adds up to being a raw, in your face man's car, lol. Its a toy, another I would like to own is a Cobra roadster replica. Many of those dont have a top, windows or wipers!. I'd rather have a Vette for a daily driver but if its just a weekend/fun car I'd rather have a Viper. Dodge did address all the problems you pointed out and the newer ones are better sorted and more comfy plus faster but there's still something more raw and mean about the older ones. It aint everbody's cup of tea, I'll give you that.:cool2:

THANK YOU. lol.

As for the kid you quoted, he says "as fast as a vette" LMAO vettes get worked hard by vipers, I bought this car from a good friend, and have beat vettes and other fast cars with it.

This car has no windows and no top, I do have them, but they may never be put on, ever.

It is not meant for them. it is a roadster, and I'm in so cal, who needs them.

As for room, year it is tight even for me, but for the type of car it is, you want that.

It has a short throw shifter which is soo short, when my hand is on it, you can not see the tiny 2 inch shaft or ball, the car is a race car for the road.

It is hand built, and rare. unlike the dime a dozen vette. No one even looks at vettes, but vipers get really to much attention imo.

They made 514 black vipers in 95, I'm sure more then a few are gone due to crashes or w/e. rare.

Also, mine is one of the last 300 with side exhaust, it is stamped right in the frame.

It is the worst daily driver, but I have the fleetwood for that!!

JTraik
02-20-08, 11:49 PM
It is hand built, and rare. unlike the dime a dozen vette. No one even looks at vettes, but vipers get really to much attention imo.

This is fairly true however I think the build quality on Vettes is higher than that of the Vipers... They are fun cars, pretty robust however the bodies can't seem to stay as rigid as the suspension. Other than that I have no complaints against these road beasts! Have fun!

cadydaddy
02-21-08, 12:43 AM
This is fairly true however I think the build quality on Vettes is higher than that of the Vipers... They are fun cars, pretty robust however the bodies can't seem to stay as rigid as the suspension. Other than that I have no complaints against these road beasts! Have fun!

Both are not very high up the list as far as build quality go, they are not a lexus or benze. but that is not the intention of a viper, its sole purpose is to be a heathen of a beast, to rip up the streets and to make the necks of driver, passenger and by standers break. hahaahah.

I just bought 11 qts of Mobile one 0W-40 for this car, 11!!!!!!!!!!

Some people say 10, some say 11, so we will see what it takes haha.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-21-08, 12:56 AM
**** that's thick oil.

cadydaddy
02-21-08, 02:24 AM
0w-40 has a very large viscosity range, good for high performance applications.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-21-08, 11:39 AM
Whoops, it's a very thin oil, my bad. The higher the 1st number, the thicker it is. :o

Cadillacboy
02-21-08, 01:46 PM
Congrats on your purchase ,looks cool

cadydaddy
02-22-08, 11:13 PM
Whoops, it's a very thin oil, my bad. The higher the 1st number, the thicker it is. :o research oil.

eyekandyboats.inc
02-25-08, 05:55 PM
i'm out in so-cal thi year in late april.
can i have a ride ? I'll pay for gas :)

MauiV
02-25-08, 06:53 PM
soo short, when my hand is on it, you can not see the tiny 2 inch shaft or ball

Sounds like a personal problem.

Playdrv4me
02-26-08, 02:22 AM
Whoops, it's a very thin oil, my bad. The higher the 1st number, the thicker it is. :o

Pretty much. I know the E46 guys say not to run 10W where 5W synthetic is called for in our engines because the 10W is too thick and can wreak havoc with the VANOS.

As far as Vette vs. Viper... Viper all the way unless you want a DD, which Corvettes do better than just about any other sports car. Otherwise... Viper ftw.

After 2005 however, the Corvette is alot better.