: Might... be leaving the group

Resilient
02-19-08, 09:26 PM
It is with some sad regrets that I am thinking that I may be leaving our group... Over the next few days I have some serious thinking to do, my Cat, now 10 years old is telling something.

I think she know's I went to test drive a Benz this weekend...

So should I decide to take the plunge and part with my beloved Cat, I'll let you all know, if anyone is interested in my 3 volume GM shop manuals, I'll let the group know....

:confused:

PEETYZ
02-20-08, 12:06 AM
Here is how i feel i wont sell mine even if i get another car because it is not worth much and its a really nice car and next car may be her cousin a 04-06 GTO

cateraowner
02-20-08, 01:24 PM
hahah... you know what? I had someone come and take a look at my cat yesterday. he was gonna come buy with a mechanic today to check it out, and if everything checked out the deal would have went through,(i assume) but after thinking it through last night I dcided to take it off the market. $5000 is what I had it posted up for (98 cat with 211,000kms ) but after an evening of pondering I really feel like my cat is worth more, even though $5000 is a good price to sell it at. and plus I figure, It'd cost me 3 to 4 time that to find a car that I'm as happy with as my cat.

if I can afford it I don't thnk I'll ever sell it. if it dies *knock on Wood* I think I'll try and make it my project car and do a nice swap (when the couple people on this forum has figured it all out... hehehe)

Resilient
02-20-08, 01:40 PM
5000$, nice... that's what the last work on it cost me... LOL

I think it's time, she's served me well for the past 172 000km, still luv to drive it... just can't justify the repair costs anymore.:banghead:

cateraowner
02-20-08, 02:14 PM
I guess that might be it. I've had it for about half a year now and put on almost 13,000km and have and all my fixes have been under $100. so i've been pretty lucky, also I suspect the the engine I have in there has been swapped out recently, but have no way of telling for sure. so when I get the new shocks in there I think it'll feel like a brand new car to me.

I might be singing a different tune when my first major repair comes.

too bad you don't live anywhere near calgary, I think the buyer really like the cat after driving mine.

passionaterage
02-20-08, 02:41 PM
I'm envious of anyone that can let their Cat go, I sure wish I could. Be strong, let it go, live life for the rest of us stuck with ours...lol

PEETYZ
02-20-08, 09:43 PM
well well i may sell mine to get a gto but id feel at home in the gto so the catera spirit would live on and id still be on here bad part is my car kbb value is only like 4,000 and the car is seriouly maintained you cant find a better car in my opinion for the money and mine was originally 37,788 back in 98 but im not sayin im selling mine anytime soon im 20 and have had it since i was 16 first car only car i would hate to sell mine for such a small amount

investor74
02-21-08, 12:50 AM
I've had my 97 Cat for over 11 years now and just can't part with it. ;) It's such a nice car and every time I see it in the parking lot, I remember why I liked it when we bought it. :D

BTW, where do you guys live that measure the mileage in kms? I thought Catera odometers where in miles.:o

Barry

cateraowner
02-21-08, 01:56 AM
I've had my 97 Cat for over 11 years now and just can't part with it. ;) It's such a nice car and every time I see it in the parking lot, I remember why I liked it when we bought it. :D

BTW, where do you guys live that measure the mileage in kms? I thought Catera odometers where in miles.:o

Barry

I'm up in Canada, Calgary Alberta to be exact. all the the cars here are in Kms,

but I know what you mean, the cat is a very nice car.

I'm so excited to get my new shocks, it'll be like a new car

I only wish I can do something to up the torque to about 250 or so...

Resilient
02-21-08, 01:27 PM
Well I'm picking the Benz tomorrow evening... if anyone is interested in my full 3 volume set of GM catera 1998 shop manuals, PM me.

cateraowner
02-21-08, 03:00 PM
so did you trade in your cat? how much you get for it?

TSS
02-21-08, 04:29 PM
Details on the Benz? Year, model, the usual...

Resilient
02-21-08, 04:49 PM
Trade in... considering it black book value is 1600$, it has 172 000km... and I already know that I had things to fix this summer, if it lasted that long... I accepted 2K.

Resilient
02-25-08, 03:13 PM
My service manuals are advertized:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/cadillac-classifieds/showproduct.php?product=3596&sort=1&cat=3&page=1

Resilient
02-29-08, 08:10 AM
Anybody need the 1998 service manuals...?

My service manuals are advertized:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/cadillac-classifieds/showproduct.php?product=3596&sort=1&cat=3&page=1