: Escalade finally comming together...

roccos_van
02-19-08, 03:08 PM
Well now i have installed the GM performance cat-back and hotchkis sways to go along with the GMP CAI and Diablo tuner.

These trucks really respond well to these simple mods. I've re-capped the above noted mods here:

GM performance CAI - Very noticeable increase in throttle response, the sound is perfect, not too loud.

Diable Tuner - I used Diablo tune (93 octane) this was the biggest butt dyno and the truck is much, much more responsive.

GM performance cat-back - I have the touring version, wow, it sounds awesome, no drone at all, nice, deep throaty sound. Performance picked up a tiny bit, but i cant really notice anything.

Hotchkis swaybars - Hey, what can i say but 'get them!' These are my favorite mod so far. The truck is completely different - it's still not going to win an autocross event but hey, it a huge improvement. The ride is even better for me (slighty firmer) which i like very much.

Thanks to all for the advice.

MB

hcvone
02-19-08, 05:30 PM
Marco, probably runs good with those mods, have most of the same, and the sway bars really make a difference, once you get used to them and think there really is not a difference with the sway bars, just drive the same truck without them. Now get some Zaino on the truck. ;)

LFTW8S
02-19-08, 08:36 PM
Well now i have installed the GM performance cat-back and hotchkis sways to go along with the GMP CAI and Diablo tuner.

These trucks really respond well to these simple mods. I've re-capped the above noted mods here:

GM performance CAI - Very noticeable increase in throttle response, the sound is perfect, not too loud.

Diable Tuner - I used Diablo tune (93 octane) this was the biggest butt dyno and the truck is much, much more responsive.

GM performance cat-back - I have the touring version, wow, it sounds awesome, no drone at all, nice, deep throaty sound. Performance picked up a tiny bit, but i cant really notice anything.

Hotchkis swaybars - Hey, what can i say but 'get them!' These are my favorite mod so far. The truck is completely different - it's still not going to win an autocross event but hey, it a huge improvement. The ride is even better for me (slighty firmer) which i like very much.

Thanks to all for the advice.

MB

If you dont mind...what did each of these mods set you back. The cost of the item then what the install cost would be great.

Thanks in advance.

roccos_van
02-20-08, 05:26 PM
If you dont mind...what did each of these mods set you back. The cost of the item then what the install cost would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Just let me preffice this by saying i am in Canada, so these prices may not relate properly.

Diablo tuner: $300 shipped from Ebay. I intalled it myself.

GMP CIA: $345 from the dealer (dealer wholesale cost) I installed it myself.

GMP Cat back touring: I think it retails around $1000 but i got mine from Carl V. for less than half that including shipping. You won't be able to find it for that price anywhere i'm afraid. It cost about $100 to install.

Swaybars: I bought them from a local speed shop for $550.00. They cost $150 to install.

Everything cost around $2000 with intallation; but i saved huge jack because of Carl.

Hope that helps.

LFTW8S
02-20-08, 07:16 PM
Thanks for the info...seems like what you did is a nice combination.