: Engine cover; STS V-6

C&C
02-18-08, 05:38 PM
Okay, I'm a newbe to the Cadillac STS; how do you get the engine cover off (from the top of the engine). I've removed the power steering cap and the oil cap, and it seems that the top cover is fairly loose but I don't want to just lift it off if it's going to break some clip that I haven't yet removed. Any help out there (I'm sure it's a no-brainer but I haven't figured it out yet.

C&C
02-23-08, 04:29 PM
Update; I figured it out, no problems, it just pops off. It is retained by ball and rubber socket joints. My joints were just a little dry and didn't want to let loose (without a little extra effort). Before putting the cover back on, I smeared a scosh of silicone grease and they slide on effortlessly.

grahamdarby
02-28-09, 10:57 AM
Thank you for this; same applies to the CTS, except you can't get at the power steering fluid without removing the cover. Why on earth do they not explain this in the owners' manual? After all, they have a picture of the cup holders and explain that they are in fact .....cupholders!!!!!!

alhunt
02-20-10, 01:28 AM
Thanks for posting this. I have a used 2006 STS that I bought and I can't get the engine cover off either. Don't want to break anything; just want to see under the cover. My cover may be stuck also.
ALH:confused: