: New Knight Rider Series Thoughts

CadillacGurl
02-18-08, 12:05 AM
Well Jason and I watched the new Knight Rider. I was doing a happy dance that Hoff made an appearance (even though Jason thought I was lying that he wasn't going to). I was hoping that Hoff would get into the old K.I.T.T but with a Ford run program, it wouldn't dare let a TA make an appearance. Also the GMC Denali the bad guys were in was debadged along with other makes besides the Fords used. The chase with the Mustang and the Edge was funny as hell, no way could an Edge keep up with a Stang. Sadly, I was extremely annoyed by all the ford commercials.

So far the Pilot was alright, interesting but not really following the path of the old Knight Rider at all. Being a Digital Cinema major, editing was good but the whole episode was so easy to read what would happen (we need suspense people!!!)

Things I noticed:
1. The TOTAL fake blood when the motel owner was shot... it looks like ketchup I had to laugh
2. Also a lot of CGI was used especially far shots of KITT and the landscape...
3. Special Effects was good for KITT changing into modes (Stealth & Camo) along with recovering from the bullets and crash scene

Thoughts?
Rating: 2 out of 5 Stars

CadillacSTS42005
02-18-08, 12:17 AM
http://www.popularmechanics.com/automotive/new_cars/4237588.html

KITT TA 0-60 .2 seconds
KITT KR Stang 0-60 1.77 seconds

even with 20 years of technology added, Fords still slower outta the hole
nuff said

thebigjimsho
02-18-08, 01:08 AM
Ford Frackin' Overload!!!

DopeStar 156
02-18-08, 01:15 AM
I actualy liked it, my dad was bouncing the entire time too. Maybe that's because we have a red version of KITT in our garage.....

Lord Cadillac
02-18-08, 10:01 AM
Ford, Ford, Ford and more Ford.. Ford badges and commercials everywhere. And they couldn't just stop there - they had to remove the GM badges.. I missed the Audi - did they remove the Audi badge as well?

And wasn't the original voice of kit REMOVED because it/he was the current voice of GMC trucks? As far as I've heard, Ford had them re-do the voice with Val Kilmer instead.. Too much Ford propaganda for me... It's just a long, cool Ford commercial.

CadillacGurl
02-18-08, 11:25 AM
Ford, Ford, Ford and more Ford.. Ford badges and commercials everywhere. And they couldn't just stop there - they had to remove the GM badges.. I missed the Audi - did they remove the Audi badge as well?

And wasn't the original voice of kit REMOVED because it/he was the current voice of GMC trucks? As far as I've heard, Ford had them re-do the voice with Val Kilmer instead.. Too much Ford propaganda for me... It's just a long, cool Ford commercial.

I believe they removed the audi badges. I saw they removed the volvo ones as well.

William Daniels was the Voice of KITT in the 80s and yeah its just weird that Val Kilmer is the voice of KITT. I agree on that it was a 2 hour looooong ford commercial....

kbevere
02-18-08, 11:54 AM
Lets see i thought the show was ok my self. I really only watch it for the Stang. I have to say it is a hot looking car. Oh and also the questions they gave to win a Ford were way to easy. But i have to say i didnt get what K.I.T.T stood for :hmm:

ILLINI-SVT
02-18-08, 12:15 PM
Welcome to modern commercialization. The new Knight Rider was just as much Ford as the Matrix Reloaded movie was all Cadillac. Ford obviously had locked up all of the commercial slots for the premier, anyone notice the 08 CTS commercial that immediately followed the program? More selective placement.

About the show, loved the GT500, needed more of the Hoff. I'd fire up the Tivo for the series.

CadillacSTS42005
02-18-08, 12:33 PM
KITT
the TA
Knight Industries Two Thousand

KITT
the Stang
Knight Industries Three Thousand

the show sucked its that simple it didnt follow the orginal plot AT ALL, Hoffs son and wife went into hiding when Hoff became Knight??!?!??!
complete BS he became Knight due to him getting shot in the face, they fixed him up, gave him a new face and he became Michael Knight, WHY did they choose him, HE HAD NO FAMILY OR FAMILY TIES!
another wrong in the show, the orginal KITT used was a 305 Crossfire Recaro TA, in the remake when they are in the garage, you can clearly see the TUNED PORT INJECTION motor

Lord Cadillac
02-18-08, 01:00 PM
another wrong in the show, the orginal KITT used was a 305 Crossfire Recaro TA, in the remake when they are in the garage, you can clearly see the TUNED PORT INJECTION motor

I noticed that too.. So sad...

JimmyH
02-18-08, 02:34 PM
I still want to watch it. I dvred it.
I didnt know Val Kilmer is the new kitt voice. That's cool, I think he is a great actor, even if he is an a$$hole.

RightTurn
02-18-08, 02:41 PM
Why debadge a Volvo? It's a Ford, too. :lol:

JimmyH
02-18-08, 02:51 PM
That's probably the next division Ford is getting ready to dump, maybe they want to separate themselves from it :bouncy:

thebigjimsho
02-18-08, 02:56 PM
I could of sworn somewhere that Will Arnett of Arrested Development was going to be the voice. THAT would've been great...

thebigjimsho
02-18-08, 03:08 PM
Give this voice a titch of synthesizing...

dpjkMUgmboI

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
02-18-08, 06:02 PM
Personally, I thought the acting lacked a bit. They used a bunch of no-name actors and it showed. I also want to know why it took this super-car almost 5 minutes of driving through winding mountain roads to lose a Ford Edge. I mean, seriously, there is no way in hell an SUV would be able to keep up with KITT for more than 30 seconds. The CGI of the car morphing was really good though.

SvB4EvA
02-18-08, 07:22 PM

KITT TA 0-60 .2 seconds

nuff said

wow, I thought u were joking until i read the page... that is funny, haha

nikon
02-18-08, 07:50 PM

KITT TA 0-60 .2 seconds

nuff said

the link says gas mileage unmeasurable....I seem to recall kitt saying he got 137mpg or something like that...it was right before they stopped for fuel....I liked the show...really thought it was stupid that and edge was a chase car...even a pony stang could've dusted an edge....

BigJon
02-18-08, 10:56 PM
it sucked i didnt enjoy it at all was annoyed like other by all the ford stuff..

Jon
02-19-08, 12:43 AM
The funny part is everyone's getting into Knight Rider now. I used to watch that show everyday after elementary school.

And I just ordered a new Ford Edge today. I figured if it could keep up with KITT it's faster than my V.

CadillacGurl
02-19-08, 10:41 AM
^ :lol: Jason has a bunch of old Knight Rider Series on DVD... he used to watch it everyday. I know he has a diecast of KITT somewheres.....

JimmyH
02-19-08, 01:50 PM
The funny part is everyone's getting into Knight Rider now. I used to watch that show everyday after elementary school.

And I just ordered a new Ford Edge today. I figured if it could keep up with KITT it's faster than my V.

make sure to take some pictures :D

96Fleetwood
02-19-08, 02:05 PM
Maybe the TPI powered K.I.T.T. came afterwards... there could even be a 4th gen Fbody K.I.T.T. for all we know.. the Hoff has been gone a long time....;)

RunningOnEMT
02-19-08, 02:08 PM
I ****in' missed it....

I have no problems with thisone being hokey as hell, the first one was a camp-fest like none other.

Let the horrible CGI flow like water, let the crappy plotlines abound. Its a cool ****ing show

JimmyH
02-19-08, 02:51 PM
Glen Larson, the original creator of Knight Rider, is making a big budget movie. NBC hurried this one (and of course you know what happens when you rush something) out the door just to spite him.

You can bet the farm Glen wont be using a stang. And will stick to main ideals of the Knight Rider concept.

thebigjimsho
02-19-08, 03:34 PM

^ :lol: Jason has a bunch of old Knight Rider Series on DVD... he used to watch it everyday. I know he has a diecast of KITT somewheres.....You young little maggots and your newfangled cable channels and DVD box sets. They hadn't killed off Dukes of Hazzard long before Knight Rider came along. For a 10 year old, the original series was the END ALL BE ALL of TV shows. And we waited a whole damn week to watch it. And you didn't make plans because you couldn't DVR it, you twerps...:stirpot:

RunningOnEMT
02-19-08, 03:52 PM
Glen Larson, the original creator of Knight Rider, is making a big budget movie. NBC hurried this one (and of course you know what happens when you rush something) out the door just to spite him.

You can bet the farm Glen wont be using a stang. And will stick to main ideals of the Knight Rider concept.

sticking to ideals always loses to the great green monster of money ... he'll go with whoever gives him the mostmoney... i.e. transformers, who the **** said bumblebee could be a camaro, that bitch is a beetle!!!!

JimmyH
02-19-08, 07:51 PM
sticking to ideals always loses to the great green monster of money ... he'll go with whoever gives him the mostmoney... i.e. transformers, who the **** said bumblebee could be a camaro, that bitch is a beetle!!!!

^^another sad song stuck in the past

bumblebee rocks no matter what car he is (too bad the same cannot be said for KITT)

http://cooleywire.com/jimmyh/pics/sig/autobots.gif

CadillacGurl
02-19-08, 08:12 PM

I was reading about that today.... NBC bastards... I heard for the movie they're using a Pontiac body... Jay knows it better than I

heavymetals
02-19-08, 10:42 PM
Just one long Ford commercial.

Don't even get me started on the (lack of) acting.:thehand:

Jon
02-19-08, 10:46 PM
I could care less how bad the acting was. Just give me a show with some cars and some action. (Hearing the blower on the GT500KR made me want a Maggie over a Procharger).

I'm sick of turning on the TV and it's reality show after reality show. Trading spouses, taking care of someone else's kids for a week, who wants to date a STD infested hooker, etc etc.

lawfive
02-19-08, 11:39 PM
LOL you guize ar talkin and fightin and agonizin bout a television show

The original was bad.

Remakes? Can only be worse.

Over...

JimmyH
02-20-08, 04:09 PM
I thought it was pretty ok. It could have been better. I think the "bad acting" argument is getting old. It is the standard line people use when they don't have a legitimate reason why they think a show/movie is bad.

I was pretty aghast when I found out KITT was going to be a Mustang. But I think it worked. It looked good.
As for the whole nano-technology bit; it is at least as plausible, if not more, than "molecular bonded shell." Even in grade school, I had to wonder at that. I am no scientist, but I believe all matter is "molecularly bonded."

And to those of you who think it was one long Ford commercial; another half-witted response. The show is free. Someone has to pay for it. If you want to watch something without ads or plugs, go to the theatre and pay to watch something.

thebigjimsho
02-20-08, 06:18 PM
I thought it was pretty ok. It could have been better. I think the "bad acting" argument is getting old. It is the standard line people use when they don't have a legitimate reason why they think a show/movie is bad.

I was pretty aghast when I found out KITT was going to be a Mustang. But I think it worked. It looked good.
As for the whole nano-technology bit; it is at least as plausible, if not more, than "molecular bonded shell." Even in grade school, I had to wonder at that. I am no scientist, but I believe all matter is "molecularly bonded."

And to those of you who think it was one long Ford commercial; another half-witted response. The show is free. Someone has to pay for it. If you want to watch something without ads or plugs, go to the theatre and pay to watch something.A half-wit? You give me too much credit. Personally, I would've gotten sick of it even if it were nothing but new V commercials...

Chicano-Mexicano
02-20-08, 06:37 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZffqanrFE8Q

JimmyH
02-20-08, 06:45 PM
A half-wit? You give me too much credit. Personally, I would've gotten sick of it even if it were nothing but new V commercials...

come on now, I would never call you a half-wit
3/4 wit at least...

BTW, they just announced the new contestants on dancing with the stars
personally, I would like to see guttenburg dance with johnny 5

CadillacSTS42005
02-20-08, 08:59 PM
KITT should be what he ended as

a Pontiac Banshee

http://img.infocoches.com/img/pontiac/1989-Banshee/pontiac_1989-Banshee-001_1.jpg

JimmyH
02-20-08, 11:18 PM
KITT should be what he ended as

a Pontiac Banshee

http://img.infocoches.com/img/pontiac/1989-Banshee/pontiac_1989-Banshee-001_1.jpg

Now that was hot. Though I have to admit, it was a little disconcerting watching him take off and see the front tires spinning.

CadillacSTS42005
02-20-08, 11:51 PM
still better than a Ford imho
id take my used 03 STS over a brand new Shelby KR Mustang

actually id take the KR and sell it buy an 03 STS and use the extra money to do the Mark99STS treatment to her hahaha

Jon
02-21-08, 12:38 AM
id take my used 03 STS over a brand new Shelby KR Mustang

You're nuts... And believe me, I HATE the S197 Mustangs. When they previewed them in '04 I nearly puked. I hated the whole retro look and all... But I'd much rather have a brand new 550hp RWD muscle car. :p

JimmyH
02-21-08, 10:52 AM
yup, I am not a fomoco guy, but the KR is HAWT
and the new mustangs are fairly reliable from what I hear

CadillacGurl
02-21-08, 02:07 PM
You're nuts... And believe me, I HATE the S197 Mustangs. When they previewed them in '04 I nearly puked. I hated the whole retro look and all... But I'd much rather have a brand new 550hp RWD muscle car. :p

It probably doesn't have magna-ride that's why :rofl:

thebigjimsho
02-21-08, 05:30 PM
Brand new 550hp RWD musclecar? '09 CTS-V FTMFW!!!

Crown Vic Owner
02-21-08, 05:43 PM
yup, I am not a fomoco guy, but the KR is HAWT
and the new mustangs are fairly reliable from what I hear
yeah, except the things that do break, break badly (water leaks galore)

Wait, its still more reliable than a seville.

JimmyH
02-21-08, 05:56 PM
yeah, except the things that do break, break badly (water leaks galore)

Wait, its still more reliable than a seville.

:jerkit: