: Need Help locating AIR valve

andergar
02-17-08, 10:51 AM
Well after a long search of our forums, I think I have found why I keep getting "P0411 SAIS not getting enough air". I found this post back in 2005 with a picture of what I need to replace, but I need someone to please post an actual photo in the engine bay where this part is located so I can replace it myself. I'm looking to replace #3. Many thanks for help.

Andergar

frank moran
02-17-08, 11:32 AM
Well after a long search of our forums, I think I have found why I keep getting "P0411 SAIS not getting enough air". I found this post back in 2005 with a picture of what I need to replace, but I need someone to please post an actual photo in the engine bay where this part is located so I can replace it myself. I'm looking to replace #3. Many thanks for help.

Andergar

it is between the radiator and the engine, in front of the PS pump and serp belt. It is a check valve connected between a 1in hose ...easy to see.

andergar
02-18-08, 12:13 PM
Many, many thanks Frank! I will dive into the darkness after lunch today. I'll let you know how it goes.

Andergar

zenbutcher
02-18-08, 01:19 PM
Excellent...what timing. I just logged on to see what the heck this PO411 error my wifes car has. The check engine light has been coming on intermittantly. Let me know if you find a part #.

Thanks,

Peter B.
2001 Catera

andergar
02-18-08, 10:45 PM
Just to play it safe, zen. Go to Autozone and have them plug in their diagnostic tool to verify the code. Couldn't get to my car today, I had a major backup in my house plumbing. Dammit.

andergar

elvin315
02-19-08, 02:47 AM
If you still need instructions turn to page 78 below.

http://www.max-boost.co.uk/max-boost/resources/VAUXHAULL_V6_ENGINES/VauxV6engine.pdf

Elvin

andergar
02-21-08, 08:51 AM
Many thanks Elvin! I just want to make sure that I'm looking at the right part. I want to replace #3 on the diagram on page 78?

Andergar

satse
02-21-08, 09:47 AM
Look at the PDF Elvin posted. On page 79, you'll see that #4 is the part you have been speaking of. Pull the part off and make sure it is in fact bad. From page 79, your problem may also be with #2 or #3 (or vacuum lines, broken hoses). I went ahead and replaced the check valve (#4) when mine kept pulling the code. Everything in the system checked out so I thought that had to be it. Needless to say, my control solenoid was only working intermittently and not opening the path for the blower. So I wasted $130 or so on the check valve because it allowed air to flow both ways. Even the new one does that.

My advice is as follows. Pull off the check valve (#4) and clean with carb cleaner. Apply a little vacuum pressure to the cut-off valve (#2) with your mouth or a live vacuum line to see if it opens and closes properly. Then check the vacuum line leaving the control solenoid during a cold start to see if it is opening and closing properly. You should be able to find those components quite easily as it looks exactly like the figure in the PDF.

andergar
02-21-08, 08:18 PM
Many thanks satse! I need all the help I can get. Hopefully, I can do this easy fix this weekend, barring no household emergencies! LOL!

andergar

andergar
02-21-08, 08:26 PM
Silly question, satse and/or elvin. So I don't want to reference page 78? I'm so confused, what is the difference between pages 78 and 79? AAArrrgggghhh!!! Thanks for helping an old man. : )

Andergar

satse
02-22-08, 08:22 AM
Silly question, satse and/or elvin. So I don't want to reference page 78? I'm so confused, what is the difference between pages 78 and 79? AAArrrgggghhh!!! Thanks for helping an old man. : )

Andergar

It's just a different view. P.78 is looking from the front of the car and p.79 is from the battery side.

andergar
02-22-08, 05:54 PM
Thanks again, satse! I"ll do your suggestions this weekend and report on Monday.

Andergar

torus
03-14-08, 08:10 PM
Hey there, I'm new here and I have a "similiar" prob w/my 98 catera. The code I get is PO507 (idle to high) , I think it has to do with a vacuum connection at the check valve, cause I found some vacs disconnected (I connected them, but I don't know if its right) and a light yellow tube going nowhere coming from the back of the intake. I would really appreciated if someone could post a picture of their vac's at the check valve, looking at them from the top, a close up, and an overall view.
Thanks...