: Car nicknames.

Benzilla
02-15-08, 12:09 AM
I don't remember if we've done this before. Either way, new members join every day.

What do you call your Cars? Everybody has something, even if it's as mind bogglingly creating as 'The Caddy'.

Another interesting related topic is, do you see your car as male of female? One theory I've heard is if the car is a 'work horse' that gets the job done, does the dirty work, and in general doesn't get babied, you name in male. If the car is pampered, you invest mass amounts of money into it, spent time polishing it, and it's a situation where you'll find yourself just sitting and staring at it, you name it female.. interesting concept.

So here's my list.

My '79 Coupe DeVille Phaeton is simply known as 'The Phaeton' It's a title, like The Godfather.

When I bought my other '79, I couldn't simply call it anything like the '79, the Deville, etc. So one time I was staring at it trying to think of something, and I just heard 'Denice, with a C' and it stuck.

Other than that, I'm not too creative. My '90 Brougham d'Elegance is referred to usually as 'The '90' Since I have two Broughams. From time to time I call it Delegance pronounced as one word, with a long A.

I really need to think of a name for my '89 Brougham. Since I'm friends with the guy I bought it from, it usually gets called Rick's Brougham. And for some reason, I can't seem to accurately pinpoint the cars aura in one word, lol.

So, now somebody else go.

Ben

gdwriter
02-15-08, 12:30 AM
I've almost always referred to my cars by their names. When I bought Betty (nine years ago next week), I asked the owner if the car had a name. He said her name was Betty, and I liked it, so I kept it. I named Cruella after my favorite Disney villain. Not exactly original, but I've always loved Cruella. My '99 Accord coupe I had before Cruella was named Pugsley after the son in the Adams family. Don't know why; it just came to me.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-15-08, 12:34 AM
I never named the Roadmaster, the deVille I named Angie after that Rolling Stones song, and the Benz I named Bianca, because it sounds expensive, classy and European, just like the car.

93DevilleUSMC
02-15-08, 01:31 AM
My Deville is named Cathy. My buddy Josh just came up with it out of the air, and it stuck.

eldorado99
02-15-08, 02:07 AM
I never really was able to name my cars, none of the names ever seem to stick. Although most people refer to my Cadillac as "The Caddy", "The Boat" or (most often) "The Beast". I usually just call it "The Caddy". My Grand Prix hasn't had any names jump out at me yet, although most of my friends call it "The GTP", maybe a proper will eventually show up.

SvB4EvA
02-15-08, 05:53 AM
Her name is Black Betty.

SlxAlxx
02-15-08, 09:27 AM
My '97 deVille- Layla
-'00 deVille- Sophia
-'89 Coupe deVille- Maureen
-'89 Fleetwood Coupe- Lucille

I always referred to them by their names.

Chicano-Mexicano
02-15-08, 11:59 AM
1993 Eldo Sports Coupe - Highway Star (after the Deep Purple song and it halls ass on the highway)
1992 Honda Civic DX - La Tortuga (the turtle) casue it was slow and green.
1977 Gremlin X - Linn (took the grem out of of gremlin and added another n)

NOT ON MY WATCH
02-15-08, 12:45 PM
Wife's 1999 Light Blue Honda Civic - "Squirt"

My 2000 Silver Toyota Tacoma XtraCab V6 TRD - "Thrasher"

My 2008 Light Platinum DI CTS - "General"

Night Wolf
02-15-08, 12:53 PM
The Lincoln or The Town Car

The Isuzu

I am the master of all creativeness :D

I still need to name my cats :(

Cadillacboy
02-15-08, 01:12 PM
I don't call them lol

HITMONEY
02-15-08, 01:49 PM
Sled.

JC316
02-15-08, 02:22 PM
My SLS is Lord Vader for two reasons. 1. Because it's Darth Vaders Helmet black. 2. Because I hated it at first for all the pain it caused me and loved it in the end when I realized just how smooth and awesome it is. (It had the head gasket blown and I repaired it;))

Jesda
02-15-08, 02:36 PM
"The Whale" for the Navigator.

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
02-15-08, 04:42 PM
Ooh, this is where me and my friends take the cake. Here's the list of my friends cars that we have named and their theme songs (if they got one):

1992 Mercury Topaz - Mortomer Theme song - Photograph by Def Leppard because if you twist the words around a bit, it sounds like "Mortomer, I don't want it. Mortomer, I don't need it!). He hated that car.

1987 Volvo 240 DL station wagon - Snood He doesn't have a theme song, but the car is a POS. 250,000 miles, a 4-cylinder that gets 10 mpg city, no driver's side door handle, radio falls out of dash, and many more.

1993 Mercury Grand Marquis - Montlebert

1981 Pontiac Pheonix - Henry the Hatchback

1994 Lincoln Town Car - the Boat Theme song - Hot Rod Lincoln

My car is officially named Gandalf the Gray, but I usually just call it either the caddy, or if I want to piss my parents off, the whip. Theme song - Cadillac Ranch by Nitty Gritty Dirt Band

mikes98sts
02-18-08, 06:44 PM
I usually name mine also.
My new to me 98 sts is Named Christine Because she has an attitude and mainly to freak my wife out.

The car only does things to her so its fitting. Only time alarm went off was when she had a migraine. Also I accidently found out i had an auto start on it as she was walking by. She absolutely hates the cars name. I Tell her the car doesnt like her cuz she let a ricer take christine off the line at a light.

CadillacGurl
02-18-08, 07:06 PM
04 Hyundai Elantra: Shaniqua (it was black plus that song "Shaniqua don't live her no more!")
04 Toyota Sienna: Stella (it's white and mom says its an old lady's name since it has 120K on the odo)
07 Benz GL 450: Boficious (again black car and dad wanted to name it Bo but a more sopfisiticated Bo)
07 Chevy Cobalt: my sister named it but I have no idea what she named it... I wouldn't be surprised if its name is Hannah after Hannah Montana :nono:

CadillacGurl
02-18-08, 07:10 PM
Jason's Caddys
74 Eldo: Tug Boat Mary
83 TA: Daytona or AKA the Whore
97 ETC: Elaine (his sister has renamed it to Leon: The Fetus Mobile... don't ask)
98 STS: Jinx (everytime Jason drives that car something bad happens)
03 STS: Sasha
05 STS: Dad hasn't picked a name at least to my knowledge
06 STS-V: I believe it's Koda after his Dad's favorite race horse....

Destroyer
02-18-08, 07:20 PM
Cobra= "the cobra"
Wifes Mark VIII= "your car or moms car"
'96 Chevy conversion van= "the van"

My wifes ex '98 Deville (while still under our ownership)= "the piece of sh*t"

Sandy
02-18-08, 07:39 PM
I assume you are only interested in my Caddy 60 Special.....

Since she is midnight very dark purple, that color is sometimes referred to as AUBERGINE, so she is female, and her name is AUBERGINE, but her nickname is AUBIE.

http://www.smatarese.com/forum/sandy/P6250011.JPG

JC316
02-18-08, 07:48 PM
Oh, my name for my moms towncar. "The Old Goat Mobile"

Playdrv4me
02-18-08, 08:01 PM
All my cars have nutsacks... I dont know where calling a car a "she" ever really came from.

Their names are quite mundane but easy to remember...

Me and my brother inevitably end up calling all of our BMW's "Bimmo", "Bimaroo", Bimmodal" or something along that nature.

The Range Rover is just "Rover"

Mom's Jeep would probably be "Jeepster" or something along those lines.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-18-08, 08:25 PM
I'm gonna buy a pink Beetle and name it "George Michael".

blue07cts
02-18-08, 08:29 PM
me and my friends were trying to come up with a name for the 08... then i had that accident and rolled her. so now even tho it's not even back from the body shop both the car and the driver (myself) are aptly named "flipper"....

BigJon
02-18-08, 08:30 PM
my el do names is lola

because its looks pretty like a woman but has the balls like a man

like the song lola...

SvB4EvA
02-18-08, 08:32 PM
my el do names is lola

because its looks pretty like a woman but has the balls like a man

like the song lola...

:histeric: :haha:

JRau
02-18-08, 08:50 PM
My '97 Lincoln Town Car is named "Lady Lincoln." She's smooth, pampered, elegant, and classy.
My junker '77 Oldsmobile 98 Regency is aptly named "Hideous Helga." Rusted badly, not a bit of decent paint on it, bad vinyl roof, smokes like an old diesel train, and just plain butt ugly.
The '91 Brougham I used to own was named "Cynthia."

JRau

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
02-19-08, 12:52 AM
Since she is midnight very dark purple, that color is sometimes referred to as AUBERGINE, so she is female, and her name is AUBERGINE, but her nickname is AUBIE.

http://www.smatarese.com/forum/sandy/P6250011.JPG

I believe that by un-written law all cars/boats/tractors (all of our tractors have names) and all other oil burning, smoke belching, environment obliterating machines owned by men have to have girls' names.

Playdrv4me
02-19-08, 12:56 AM
I believe that by un-written law all cars/boats/tractors (all of our tractors have names) and all other oil burning, smoke belching, environment obliterating machines owned by men have to have girls' names.

Nothing makes me more uncomfortable than hearing the quote "She's a beauty" in reference to one of my trucks.

Benzilla
02-19-08, 12:58 AM
Well, see my original post...

Ben.

Vicious&Cadilicious
04-13-11, 10:09 PM
My 81' Deville was named "Caddy Queen".

My 75' eldorado convertible was "Miranda"

My 91' Fleetwood was called "Samantha".

My current car, a 1995 Deville, is currently nameless...still trying to decide a name..

cadillac kevin
04-13-11, 10:17 PM
I call my cadillac the crapillac. kinda obvious why if you see it.

OffThaHorseCEO
04-14-11, 01:44 AM
All my cars have nutsacks... I dont know where calling a car a "she" ever really came from.

my gf can only wear earrings with posts made of a certain metal (cant remember which). Sure the others will fit but her ear will get infected

My allante can only wear tailight bulbs with bases made of a certain metal (even though its the same part number). Sure the others will fit and light up but the computer will throw a fit and the taillight lenses might melt.

See the connection?