: Climate Control all messed up

tpilews
02-14-08, 09:07 PM
2001 Catera... with the A/C on, it blows cold air set at 60*. When I move it to 65*, it blows air that's hotter than hell. Anyone have any ideas??? Actually, the a/c never really blew that cold of air, even after a two can recharge. It also might be due to the 95+ degree weather during the summer.

R-Caddy
02-17-08, 01:50 AM
My computer is also all messed up. Sometimes it blows through whatever hole it wants, sometimes the fan is on but it's not blowing anywhere. A/C doesn't even work. At least I have the heat at the moment... The deaer quoted $900 to START with... F that S

Boris
02-17-08, 10:13 PM
Does your out door temp sensor work ?

The climate control needs that input to work properly and if yours is dead that's exactly what it will do.

The sensor is on the lower part of your bumper by the drivers side fog lamp.

2001CatOwner
02-18-08, 08:48 AM
I don't have that issue, but i want to know if anyone has the outside temp fash after you start the car for a few mins?

todd2fst4u
02-18-08, 02:30 PM
I don't have that issue, but i want to know if anyone has the outside temp fash after you start the car for a few mins?

that warning you if its close to freezing or below it

tpilews
02-19-08, 01:09 PM
Does your out door temp sensor work ?

The climate control needs that input to work properly and if yours is dead that's exactly what it will do.

The sensor is on the lower part of your bumper by the drivers side fog lamp.

Yeah, my temp sensor no longer works, happened about 3 weeks ago. Half the time it says F, the other it says -40*. I'll look into getting a new one.

Even when the sensor worked properly, whenever I had the outside air coming in (a/c off) it never was as cold as the actual outside temp. Might a new cabin filter be in order?

tpilews
02-19-08, 01:57 PM
Looks like a special order part from gmpartsdirect.

It's GM part #9152245 if anyone else needs one.

I actually found it on cadillac-parts-dealer.com for a couple dollars more than gmpartsdirect, but it wasn't special order.

Boris
02-19-08, 07:17 PM
Maybe you need to reset your vent actuators.
Can't remember how that's done but I know it's on here somewhere.

eastsidercaddy
02-22-08, 07:15 PM
yea my heat on the driver's side works just fine and the passenger side is ICE COLD no matter what temp you have it on. Just happened Wednesday. I just turned off the pass. side climate control to stop it temporarily until I figure it out with the help on here.

diwtbpot
02-23-08, 01:57 PM
Did you ever find out what was going on with your heat. My niece's car is acting similar except its cold on the drivers side and ok on passenger.

tpilews
02-27-08, 09:37 AM
Just changed the ambient air temp sensor yesterday. Everything is all better.

tpilews
02-27-08, 09:40 AM
I would look elsewhere if you are having problems between your passenger and drivers side. For me, it was the entire car. Cold on 60*, hot > 60*