02-14-08, 06:58 PM
Post date: 2/17/08
Headline: "A Toyota wins the 50th running of the Daytona 500!!!!!!!!"

NOT ON MY WATCH
02-14-08, 07:06 PM
"MN-STS-LOVER
Cadillac Owners Fanatic
Cadillac(s): '98 STS (Crimson Pearl), '02 Sequioa"

I own a Toyota too, but you really ought to learn how to spell SEQUOIA before lobbing a Toyota grenade at the forum. :thepan:

;)

MN-STS-LOVER
02-14-08, 07:09 PM
"MN-STS-LOVER
Cadillac Owners Fanatic
Cadillac(s): '98 STS (Crimson Pearl), '02 Sequioa"

I own a Toyota too, but you really ought to learn how to spell SEQUOIA before lobbing a Toyota grenade at the forum. :thepan:

;)

LOL! sorry about that! I must have "fat fingers" from busting my knuckles working on the Cadillac! I'll fix that right away!;)

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-14-08, 07:12 PM
LIES!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Hey Steve, good to see ya back! :)

Submariner409
02-14-08, 07:14 PM
Betcha some U.S. racing companies now feel like Ferrari did when Ford put the Mark IV/GT40 cars in LeMans and the Daytona 24 hour Continental and won 1-2-3 back in the late 60's.

What comes around, goes around.........

(Some Toyota 6-cyl. engines are the top of the heap in midsize hydroplane racing)

DILLIGAF
02-14-08, 07:22 PM
It could happen

Brett
02-14-08, 07:25 PM
Im only a casual follower of Nascar so could someone explain what the hell happened in the offseason to make the Toyota's so much better. they didnt do crap last year

MN-STS-LOVER
02-14-08, 07:30 PM
Im only a casual follower of Nascar so could someone explain what the hell happened in the offseason to make the Toyota's so much better. they didnt do crap last year

Joe Gibbs Racing!....oh and a ton more money from Toyota!

NOT ON MY WATCH
02-14-08, 07:32 PM
Maybe they're cheating again.

Brett
02-14-08, 07:40 PM
I knew the Joe Gibbs part, I didnt know Toyota dumped more money in though. Could be interesting, the Hendrick vs Gibbs thing is already being played up

MN-STS-LOVER
02-14-08, 07:45 PM
Maybe they're cheating again.

Well NASCAR likes to say "it aint cheatin if you don't get caught"!

HITMONEY
02-14-08, 07:58 PM
A Cadillac CTS-V NASCAR... I would watch it then.

:cloud9:

MN-STS-LOVER
02-14-08, 08:13 PM
A Cadillac CTS-V NASCAR... I would watch it then.

:cloud9:

I'd love that too! but not likely to happen! Cadillac does well in the touring car series but they will never join the "good old boy" series.

Destroyer
02-14-08, 08:54 PM
I'm not a NASCAR fan but I have to admit that I like the fact that Toyota is in it. I used to watch it NASCAR back in the 80's and it was all about Ford vs Chevy. Now its American vs import, adds a little spice.

dkozloski
02-14-08, 11:29 PM
Now that Chevrolet has a dedicated racing engine for NASCAR, the RO7, they are back to having a pretty good handle on things. GM went to NASCAR and said if Dodge and Toyota can have full bore race motors why can't they and NASCAR said OK. Junior made it look easy in the qualifying race this morning. He drove right around two other cars for the lead with no help. I agree with Tony Stewart who said after the Bud Shootout that Junior is a better restrictor plate racer than his dad. In the coming year we're all going to find out just how good he really is. It's a foregone conclusion that he's going to be getting the best stuff that Hendrick can make and his team mates are behind him as well.

MN-STS-LOVER
02-15-08, 12:01 AM
[QUOTE=dkozloski;1405917]Now that Chevrolet has a dedicated racing engine for NASCAR, the RO7, they are back to having a pretty good handle on things. QUOTE]

You failed to mention that the Hendrick bunch (Hendrick engines) had to replace 5 R07's prior to the Duel's....to be fair...Toyota replaced 3 engines!

I am a big Jr. fan and do think that he has the best shot at winning...if not him it will be Stewart or Waltrip!

dkozloski
02-15-08, 01:31 AM
[quote=dkozloski;1405917]Now that Chevrolet has a dedicated racing engine for NASCAR, the RO7, they are back to having a pretty good handle on things. QUOTE]

You failed to mention that the Hendrick bunch (Hendrick engines) had to replace 5 R07's prior to the Duel's....to be fair...Toyota replaced 3 engines!

I am a big Jr. fan and do think that he has the best shot at winning...if not him it will be Stewart or Waltrip!
The replacements were not due to a design problem but for a process problem that could happen to anybody. Dave Blaney's Toyota blew big time in the second race.