: what do you guys think of this exhaust?

CTSV_510
02-13-08, 08:31 PM
Here: z3gyHmydaOI ~R

This is the exhaust that was on my car when I bought it. Whoever had it before cut off the mufflers in the stock system and replaced them with 3.5" pipes. What do you guys think?

1QUICKV
02-13-08, 08:37 PM
not workin for me.... so i can't tell.

CTSV_510
02-13-08, 08:38 PM
i know i think youtube is down.

StealthV
02-13-08, 09:53 PM
Hard to hear on my laptop but sounded pretty good. The best part is the black license plate. :highfive:

ToyCTSV
02-13-08, 10:07 PM
The best part is the black license plate. :highfive:

I agree... thats a mod I need :D

I think it sounds allright but it's hard to tell - it actually doesn't sound too loud in the video??? Is it pretty loud?

Maybe I should toss all my previous exhaust ideas and just replace the resonator with an x-pipe then make the mufflers removable for the track/weekends... hmm that would take off some weight and increase exhaust flow lol... With the stock manifolds and cats in place would you have to worry about backpressure and losing torque???

CTSV_Rob
02-13-08, 10:11 PM
Not likely, those Cats and manifolds are pretty restrictive.

Jon
02-13-08, 10:26 PM
I think that sounds like my B&B almost

captain cadillac
02-25-08, 07:28 PM
Hi..has anyone put Flowmasters on XLR and if so how do they sound??

urbanski
02-25-08, 07:30 PM
Hi..has anyone put Flowmasters on XLR and if so how do they sound??

ask in the XLR forum

Ferny
02-26-08, 01:49 PM
i just did this last night and boy that s**t sounds sick! only cost me $100. im a baller on a budget!!! :highfive:

onebadcad
02-26-08, 02:43 PM
i just did this last night and boy that s**t sounds sick! only cost me $100. im a baller on a budget!!! :highfive:

I see quad-turbonators in your future instead of a Maggie-JFWY.
A dollar saved is another dollar for your next mod!

Ferny
02-26-08, 08:54 PM
I see quad-turbonators in your future instead of a Maggie-JFWY.
A dollar saved is another dollar for your next mod!

:D yep, those were next on my list!!

Naf
02-27-08, 02:40 AM
Man if the girl in the pic came with every purchase, i would by 13...

Why is it everytime someone tries to sell performance parts they put a chick in a bikini?

Its like they are using sex to make the sale...

trukk
02-27-08, 11:33 AM
Sounded pretty good in that clip.

The big question is how does it sound driving around? Need to get some drive by clips, and som in cabin clips.

Does it drone at all in 6th at 60mph?

-Chris

CTSV_510
02-27-08, 12:41 PM
Sounded pretty good in that clip.

The big question is how does it sound driving around? Need to get some drive by clips, and som in cabin clips.

Does it drone at all in 6th at 60mph?

-Chris

I'll take some more videos/sound clips and post them sometime this week.

EDIT: Sorry, I ignored your questions. I think it sounds great driving around, and I do get drone at certain RPMS (1500-2000). Easy to get around that with gear selection most of the time. I don't know how it compares to anything else - the only other setup I have heard in-car is kooks, hi-flow cats, corsa, ( & maggie), and there was no time spent driving between those RPMS in that car, and certainly no drone. Only screaming really. I have to say, off topic, that the best and worst thing I've done is ride in a maggied V...

-Tom

Keys8541
02-27-08, 02:49 PM
you need headers in my opinion to make exhaust truely sound great. just something missing when i listen to this. But i do like the deleware plate, if thats where it is, they have the best plates, well.... Cali too just because california is cursive is classic!

CTSV_510
02-27-08, 06:06 PM
you need headers in my opinion to make exhaust truely sound great. just something missing when i listen to this. But i do like the deleware plate, if thats where it is, they have the best plates, well.... Cali too just because california is cursive is classic!

its a PA DARE plate (Drug Abuse Resistance Education). They don't make these black ones anymore...i think they realized that everyone got these because they were black, not because they are against drug abuse...

:sneaky:

CTSV_510
06-01-09, 10:10 PM
I don't know how it compares to anything else - the only other setup I have heard in-car is kooks, hi-flow cats, corsa, ( & maggie), and there was no time spent driving between those RPMS in that car, and certainly no drone. Only screaming really. I have to say, off topic, that the best and worst thing I've done is ride in a maggied V...

-Tom

I was doomed a long time ago. Only a month after I bought the car... :D