: Scammer bashing site???

FL01SS
02-13-08, 02:07 PM
What the heck is that site where you list people's e-mails that are trying to run scams so everyone can harass them til they crawl under a rock & die???

The wifey & I are in the market of an old Camaro & she sent me this link:

http://www.collectorcarsforsale.com/classic-cars-for-sale/l2341.html

Now my wife doesn't know all that much about cars, but as soon as I saw he was asking $8800 for a 67 Camaro RS vert 4 spd w/11k miles, I knew it was a scam. He also just happens to have a 67 Stingray & 70 Chevelle 454 SS listed on the same site, both for $8800.

http://www.collectorcarsforsale.com/classic-cars-for-sale/l2356.html
http://www.collectorcarsforsale.com/classic-cars-for-sale/l2357.html

The Chevelle is a 4 spd too, but he lists it as an auto. I e-mailed him & told him he needed to get a life & a job & stop trying to scam people & this is what he wrote back-

"Look I am the farthest thing from a scammer, and how dare you call me that! Thats something that I take seriously and don't joke about. "

Then my wife e-mailed him from work & asked if it was still for sale & where he was located & this was his reply...

Hi there and thank you for your interest.
The car is still available, it's in good working condition and it can be driven daily. It doesn't have any rust or bondo and the body is laser-straight, all the panels align properly. The car has been inspected by a mechanic and it has no issues. The car is registered in CA and the title is clean and clear. It doesn't have any mechanical problems, and it will be inspected again before I ship the vehicle.
The reason I'm selling the car is that I've moved to London, England about 2 months ago and I had it shipped here, but I need to sell it right now along with other assets in order to pay the mortgage.
The total amount you will need to pay for the car is $8,800 and that also includes the cost of shipping and handling to the address of your choice within the US. Shipping will take no more than 7 days depending on your location and will include insurance for the trip. You will also have a 10-day inspection period in which you can test drive the car and make sure it's in good condition before buying it.
Let me know if you have any further questions
Regards,
Robert

Here's his e-mail:
robgardinier@gmail.com

If someone knows the site I'm talking about, feel free to post him up for me. I doubt the firewall at work will let me on that site.

kbevere
02-13-08, 02:36 PM
wow sweat rides, theres no way there onlt $8800 each. Damn if so i would so pick one up my self. what do these guys think were that dumb to believe that one.:thehand:

urbanski
02-13-08, 03:30 PM
haha, scam++

codewize
02-13-08, 03:34 PM
Why don't you offer to go look at the car(s) to 'make an offer'. Take a nice little vacation and see what materializes.

There are a lot of none stock parts under the hood of that camaro for 11k. I owned one of those for a while and I know what they should look like. It's also pretty dirty under there for an 11k mile car. MY DTS is cleaner than that with 50k on it. I can also tell you that console is very far from stock.

Ranger
02-13-08, 05:21 PM
Is this the one you are talking about?
http://www.419eater.com/

codewize
02-13-08, 06:43 PM
Good news folks. I think I've at least somewhat confirmed the scam.

I sent a message asking to see the car

"Hello, Where is this vehicle physically located. I would love to come see it for further inspection. This looks and sounds like an outstanding car.
Thanks
ADL"

Low and behold I got in return the same canned reply.

Hi there and thank you for your interest.
The car is still available, it's in good working condition and it can be driven daily. It doesn't have any rust or bondo and the body is laser-straight, all the panels align properly. The car has been inspected by a mechanic and it has no issues. The car is registered in CA and the title is clean and clear. It doesn't have any mechanical problems, and it will be inspected again before I ship the vehicle.
The reason I'm selling the car is that I've moved to London, England about 2 months ago and I had it shipped here, but I need to sell it right now along with other assets in order to pay the mortgage.
The total amount you will need to pay for the car is $8,800 and that also includes the cost of shipping and handling to the address of your choice within the US. Shipping will take no more than 7 days depending on your location and will include insurance for the trip. You will also have a 10-day inspection period in which you can test drive the car and make sure it's in good condition before buying it.
Let me know if you have any further questions
Regards,
Robert

FL01SS
02-14-08, 04:23 PM
What a pile of crap! I hate scammers! I can't open that link from work! =(

The Tony Show
02-14-08, 05:07 PM
http://thescambaiter.com/

Have fun.

codewize
02-14-08, 06:39 PM
Just for the record I replied to that email and said where is the car located. No responce so far.

SL1CK
02-14-08, 08:06 PM
www.419eater.com

chubbyranger
02-15-08, 11:04 PM
Probably the same guy who was going to sell me a 59 Caddy convertible (in perfect shape) for $7500:

Hi again,

As I said in my first email the car is currently located in Valencia, Spain and it will be shipped from here by water.You will get the car to the nearest port in your area and then it will be trucked forward to your
place.

Usually shipment takes maximum 7 days depending on your location and will be fully insured against damages,shipped in a crated container. Total price of the car including all shipping costs and insurance all the
way to your place is $7,500 .

The most important thing in all my activity here is that I am affiliated with eBay where I have a purchase protection account for US $ 20,000. eBay is the insurer of this transaction by using a certified third
party to insure that both parties comply to transaction requirements.

In order to notify eBay I will need buyer's full name and shipping address so I can open a transaction case and they will contact you for further details and instructions.I want a safe deal and I want to end this transaction through eBay.

I have a few guys interested so I will need a prompt answer from you!

Respectfully,

Robert