: power windows express up or down does not work

cateraowner
02-13-08, 11:55 AM
ok this is weird, my power window express up or down option just disapeared. I can roll the windows up and down normally but I can't get it to go up or down with one touch.

is there a fuse or something that control this option, maybe the anti pinch option

it's not a big deal, I can live without that option, but I'm just finding it wierd how just that will disapear

inconnu
02-13-08, 12:46 PM
Try this,while window is fully closed keep the window up button pressed for about 5 seconds and same thing while window is down all the hold the down button for about 5 seconds,It should get you going.Might have to do on all four.

CateraMV6
02-13-08, 01:40 PM
Actually to enable it you just need to have the windows closed.. then just pull up on the switch that you want to activate and then hold it for 5 secs... if you do the opposite with the windows down and you hold the switch down you will dissable the feature...

I just set all of mine after the battery replacement as it lost all sorts of memory stuff.
BTW the people who have sun roofs is it me or is the roof not supposed to open unless the weather outside is at like 40deg or higher...

R-Caddy
02-13-08, 04:57 PM
After having disconnected the battery, you need to reprogram windows, sunroof and radio clock. Oddly enough, radio stations remain programmed... I haven't tried the sunroof at those temperatures, but that still sounds weird. I guess I'll try that next winter when the temperatures drop to 40 here in Savannah GA

cateraowner
02-13-08, 07:18 PM
sweet... everythings back to normal....

reprograming sunroof? I haven't used it ( cause it's like minus a million here), but what needs to be re programmed?

Thanks guys...

inconnu
02-13-08, 08:18 PM
Actually to enable it you just need to have the windows closed.. then just pull up on the switch that you want to activate and then hold it for 5 secs... if you do the opposite with the windows down and you hold the switch down you will dissable the feature...

I just set all of mine after the battery replacement as it lost all sorts of memory stuff.
BTW the people who have sun roofs is it me or is the roof not supposed to open unless the weather outside is at like 40deg or higher...

Atleast i was half right for a change :D
Your sunroof might be frozen because it should open when you turn the switch.

CateraMV6
02-14-08, 02:41 PM
Well I think its a safety system that will prevent it from opening because of possible frozen panel or maybe snow that can fall inside the car if there is any on it. Mine opens when it warms up out there but when it gets cold the button doesnt do anything...cold being below freezing...

PEETYZ
02-14-08, 11:39 PM
Could have cold lock out you could try to program it if it does not move but id get in a heated area or wait till it warms up so you don't damage anything

R-Caddy
02-16-08, 04:04 PM
Temperature got low here a coupe days ago, so I tried the 30F trick, and the sunroof worked. To reprogram it, you need to push the switch in a little and turn it, keeping it pushed it until it opens.

2001CatOwner
02-18-08, 09:35 AM
it was neg 10 with the wind and mine worked. Enjoyed it till a truck came by and splashed slush in the car.

PEETYZ
02-19-08, 02:10 PM
If you have a owners manual it will tell how to reprogram windows and sun roof

elvin315
02-19-08, 04:31 PM
2001 Catera Owners Manual in PDF:

https://www.mygmlink.com/pdf/go2content/manual/US/en/cadillac/2001catera.pdf

Elvin