: My Stomach hurts!!!

Gearheaad43
02-12-08, 04:17 PM
No Wait.... My head hurts...

Our main water line broke Friday, Wife got fired from her RN job as a Travel Nurse on a 13 week assignment. Then she proceeds to have a wreck with my truck as she was heading down to Macon Ga. to get her personal items out of the apt. the travel agency told her she had 48 hours to get out of....:banghead::banghead::hide:

Why was she fired? .. She has ADHD. She takes Adderall CR. Last week, 2 units of Morphine went missing from the Med/Surg unit. she a 3 other night shift nurses were given drug screenings.. Her's came back... POSTIVE.. They will not disclose what kind .. Only that she was fired on the spot... .. The Agency also cut off all phone/email contact.. The Agency knew she had ADHD, the Hospital she was sent to work at did not. Go figure.... Now the Agency is declaring BREACH of CONTRACT and is demanding her to pay fees of about 3 grand!! ...

Anyone know a good Employment Law Attorney in the state of GA..??

And YES we have already contacted the E.E.O.C!... :annoyed:

This is BULLSHIT!!!:banghead::banghead::cookoo:

Rolex
02-12-08, 10:10 PM
Sorry to hear about the misfortune. I expect her temp employer will report her to the state board of nursing too. She'll have some explaining to do on a whole new level.

Hope you get things straightened out. Keep us posted.

Gearheaad43
02-12-08, 10:47 PM
Sorry to hear about the misfortune. I expect her temp employer will report her to the state board of nursing too. She'll have some explaining to do on a whole new level.

Hope you get things straightened out. Keep us posted.

Hah... That already happened. Before she found out she had ADHD..... She was cleared... So.... When that is presented to the EEOC... Ohh hboy... :stirpot:

CadillacSTS42005
02-13-08, 12:36 AM
damn
well least you got your shiny new painted STS back lol

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-13-08, 02:34 AM
Why's your stomach hurt? Did you just eat a Hot Pocket?

AJxtcman
02-13-08, 07:43 AM
No Wait.... My head hurts...

Our main water line broke Friday, Wife got fired from her RN job as a Travel Nurse on a 13 week assignment. Then she proceeds to have a wreck with my truck as she was heading down to Macon Ga. to get her personal items out of the apt. the travel agency told her she had 48 hours to get out of....:banghead::banghead::hide:

Why was she fired? .. She has ADHD. She takes Adderall CR. Last week, 2 units of Morphine went missing from the Med/Surg unit. she a 3 other night shift nurses were given drug screenings.. Her's came back... POSTIVE.. They will not disclose what kind .. Only that she was fired on the spot... .. The Agency also cut off all phone/email contact.. The Agency knew she had ADHD, the Hospital she was sent to work at did not. Go figure.... Now the Agency is declaring BREACH of CONTRACT and is demanding her to pay fees of about 3 grand!! ...

Anyone know a good Employment Law Attorney in the state of GA..??

And YES we have already contacted the E.E.O.C!... :annoyed:

This is BULLSHIT!!!:banghead::banghead::cookoo:

I am under the impression that Adderall CR has precursers that stick with it. I am under the impression that a person will fail a UA, but when it is tested at a UA facility they will know that it is positively Adderall CR. I am not a UA tech, but that is what I have been told.
The company that my girl friend works for does a in house test. If someone fails they send the sample out. The company that does the testing will report back. My girl friend has known people that have failed the in house and then the testing facility has confirmed the prescription drug. In one case the prescription drug was not the same as the one the employee had a prescription for. :helpless: it was something like he had a script for percocet and failed for Oxycontin that he was buying from a friend

Cadillacboy
02-13-08, 01:27 PM
Best of luck with your jobs

AMGoff
02-13-08, 04:17 PM
The standard NIDA-5 drug screening will test for pot, coke, amphetamines, opiates, and pcp... any positive result will clearly define which substance has been detected. Any time you go for a drug screening, you are required to list and subsequently provide proof of any prescription medications you are taking.

First off - let me say that these tests are by no means "fool-proof." With that said... if a couple of vials of morphine were missing... the employer was primarily testing for opiates. The only way they would have fired someone on the spot was if their test came back positive for opiates, especially with no proof of prescription opiate-based pain medication. Adderall is comprised of pure amphetamine salts so it would have only triggered a positive for amphetamines and nothing else.

Generally, when a sample comes back with a positive, it is almost always sent back for more detailed analysis to double check the results. I am in no way presuming or accusing anyone of anything here... but the only way they would have fired her for this is if her sample tested positive for opiates... especially since she has a prescription for the Adderall. They cannot legally fire someone for testing positive for a prescribed medication... and again, in this case they would have been looking for a specific substance.

Like I said, I'm not insinuating anything here... just putting the facts out there.

Either way, a lawyer is definitely going to be needed. My folks have a place in Fitzgerald, GA - I'll give my dad a call to see if he knows of any good lawyers down there.

Gearheaad43
02-13-08, 07:03 PM
Well, I talked to Beth and I think now I know why they fired her on the spot, She is taking darvacet for a toothache. But she has a prescription. That might explain the positive results (Darvacet is an opiate. But NOT the same as Morphine.... )