: Potential Exhaust trade... DMH Cutouts

Natedog
02-11-08, 04:42 PM
Wondering if anyone is interested in trading their aftermarket exhaust (preferrably Magnaflow) for a stock exhaust with DMH Low-Profile cutouts... stock when you want, extremely loud when you want, or anything in between (depending on how much you open the valve). I mounted the rocker switch near the shifter and the valves fully open/close in about 2 seconds. Selling as the cops are too fond of these things around Arlington, VA and I can't stop myself from opening them from time to time. Price for the dumps was 360 and the full install (weld in cutouts and run switch to desired location) was 300. Obviously if i gave you my current exhaust with the dumps already welded in, you would only have to take care of running the switch for them. They come with a 4 year warranty through DMH. I'll try and get photos and possibly a video up later tonight

Nate

Natedog
02-11-08, 06:30 PM
Here are photos of them on my car... first shows a side shot of the valve with 22 degree 'downpipe', gasket, and piece welded to the stock exhaust... 2nd shows a bit of the motor and the wire that runs to wherever you mount the switch in the cabin. It looks the exact same on the other side. I haven't found time to get a vid up, but the link below is the best one i've found for comparison as it's from a GTO with the LS2, same exact low profile cutouts. Let me know if you're interested. Thanks

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xoBkEGd2xgg
http://youtube.com/watch?v=xoBkEGd2xgg
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m263/Natedog03sct/DSC01072.jpg
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m263/Natedog03sct/DSC01074.jpg

Mystical_Ice
02-12-08, 01:20 AM
VERY interested... this would save me from buying the cutouts, as i'd planned on doing this exact same thing myself.

two questions:
1) you ever had any problems with these (not opening/closing)? please be honest :-/
2) (for anyone to answer), if i get Kooks 1 7/8" headers, could i still use all the hardware that he's selling? or would i have to remove the cutouts (i.e. would i be better off just buying the cutouts, instead of everything else that comes with this package?)

Natedog
02-12-08, 08:22 AM
VERY interested... this would save me from buying the cutouts, as i'd planned on doing this exact same thing myself.

two questions:
1) you ever had any problems with these (not opening/closing)? please be honest :-/
2) (for anyone to answer), if i get Kooks 1 7/8" headers, could i still use all the hardware that he's selling? or would i have to remove the cutouts (i.e. would i be better off just buying the cutouts, instead of everything else that comes with this package?)

1) The ONLY problem i've had with these to date it the gasket (the white rubbery looking piece in the first photo) burns away in the real thin areas, leading to a very small exhaust leak which is unnoticable inside the car, but you can tell outside. I talked to Dave at DMH, and he shipping me new gaskets and said guys have had very much success with putting RTV Sealant around the gasket after it is installed. Dave is readily available for any questions you may have and is only satisfied with his product working perfectly. When the gasket performs as it should, these things ARE absolutely perfect. They seal up completely when closed and open to any degree you like.
2) I'm not positive on this, but as long as the Kooks mate up to the factory exhaust, you shouldn't have any issues at all.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Mystical_Ice
02-12-08, 09:24 AM
just want to make sure the kooks will hook up to the factory exhaust without any other modifications.

i'm sure someone will read and respond to it, then i'll be ready :)

Mystical_Ice
02-12-08, 09:28 AM
also i don't have an exhaust to trade; i'd be interested in just buying it outright :)
how much are you asking?

RunningOnEMT
02-12-08, 09:28 AM
i don't think the kooks pipes work with factory exhaust... but thats not 100% sure on my part...

Natedog
02-12-08, 09:55 AM
also i don't have an exhaust to trade; i'd be interested in just buying it outright :)
how much are you asking?
As i mentioned in my first post my total cost for the cutouts and install was 660. Most of the install cost was cutting the stock exhaust and welding in the new pieces, the running of the switch you could probably have done for about 60 bucks IMO. So take that into consideration plus the fact you are getting an 07 exhaust in great shape (<20k) and make me a fair offer (via PM). Let me know where you are located as well. If i have to ship it i believe i'll have to make one cut in the exhaust as it's way to big to fit in one box... thanks!

Natedog
02-12-08, 11:42 AM
Mystical, if you look on Tbyrne's website under Exhaust > Kooks headers, they mention they have connection pipes available for mating the kooks to the stock exhaust. Have a look...
http://tbyrnemotorsports.com/cadillaccatalog.html

Mystical_Ice
02-12-08, 12:20 PM
that's good to know; let me get back to you

GOTTSPD
02-13-08, 07:48 AM
I'm very interested, local (in Montgomery County, Maryland) and have a Corsa exhaust. Shoot me a pm if you're still interested in a trade. I'd love to have cut-outs. The corsa is awesome, but sometimes it would be nice for it to be louder. :)

Maybe we could meet up to see how they sound. BTW, I have an '04 with stock LS6 manifolds. Any compatability issues?

Natedog
02-13-08, 08:20 AM
I'm very interested, local (in Montgomery County, Maryland) and have a Corsa exhaust. Shoot me a pm if you're still interested in a trade. I'd love to have cut-outs. The corsa is awesome, but sometimes it would be nice for it to be louder. :)

Maybe we could meet up to see how they sound. BTW, I have an '04 with stock LS6 manifolds. Any compatability issues?
Not positive, anybody know if there are issues mating a stock 07 exhaust to an 04??? I'll shoot you a PM later today