: 2008 Philly Autoshow Pictures

AMGoff
02-10-08, 03:12 PM
It's that time of year again! The wife gave me my usual Valentines gift last night - tickets to the auto show. I just finished uploading the pics to flickr... the quality isn't that fantastic since I only took them on my phone, but they're better than nothing!

2008 Philly Auto Show - Cadillac Display (http://flickr.com/photos/21861288@N03/sets/72157603885877205/)

2008 Philly Auto Show - Complete Set (http://flickr.com/photos/21861288@N03/sets/72157603885832977/)

Commentary on last night's festivities to come...

Benzilla
02-10-08, 05:25 PM
The DTS really is kind of dull with 17" rims. The 18's it can be ordered with really set it off. And it needs a new steering wheel.

Great pics!

AMGoff
02-13-08, 02:54 PM
The DTS really is kind of an "old dear" isn't she... it just doesn't fit in with the rest of the lineup at all.

My fav's of the evening were of course the new CTS, the new Malibu, the new Challenger, as well as the new Liberty - all fantastic!

Some "oldies but goodies" were the Buick Enclave and the Saturn Aura - the wife and I both adore the Aura... especially with the "Morocco Brown" interior. We've pretty much decided that it's on the short list when we go to replace her Liberty.

The Enclave is a truly impressive machine up close and personal - it was the first time I've actually been in one and I really like it.

Other points of interest...

Lincoln... has absolutely gone down the tubes - each one of their cars just has a "cheap" feeling about them. The same could pretty much be said about the entire Ford lineup as well.

The Hyundai Genesis looks even better in person - it just a shame that it was up on a display and we couldn't actually get into it.

Jaguar - The XF, while certainly not an ugly car, just does not come across as a proper Jaguar... especially when parked next to the new XJ8 which is an absolutely lovely car to be in and look at.

caddycruiser
02-13-08, 04:10 PM
Great pictures...I never miss the show, but just didn't go this year. Oh well.

Agree with you on the Malibu and Aura (especially the Morocco interior), especially since we own an '08 Malibu. GREAT cars, and you should be very pleased should that porky Liberty actually get replaced by one:thumbsup:

Same with the Enclave...which just does not disappoint in the least, and still polarizes people in the best of ways.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-13-08, 05:20 PM
Oh Derek, you bought a Malibu?! :thumbsup:

Of the cars I saw at the Chicago show, the CTS, especially the V, was my #1 favorite. Number two would be the Challenger, and #3 would probably be the Lincoln MKS.

JPAPS
02-13-08, 05:25 PM
Not Bad picture quality coming from a cellphone .. Thanks

caddycruiser
02-13-08, 06:26 PM
Oh Derek, you bought a Malibu?! :thumbsup:

Oh yeah...forgot I haven't had the time to bring that up on this forum;) I should do that sometime...

But back to the Philly show discussion;)

Aurora5000
02-15-08, 10:23 AM
ANALOG CLOCKS ???? Are you kidding me???

AMGoff
02-15-08, 01:57 PM
ANALOG CLOCKS ???? Are you kidding me???

I'm completely baffled by the outrage... What exactly, is wrong with analog clocks?

If one were to offer me the choice of either an analog or a digital wristwatch... I'd laugh at them for even thinking there would be a choice in the first place.

I think they're tasteful, they fit the cars nicely, nor are they any harder to decipher than some digital readout.

But for anyone who has either some sort of aversion to real clocks or have seemingly skipped kindergarten, the radio/nav will still display the time in actual numbers.

Again though... I still can't quite understand where the problem lies.

hueterm
02-16-08, 01:45 AM
I love the analog clock in my EXT -- comically engraved as a "BVLGARI" in the finest grade of plastic available....except for the fact that it is almost unreadable at the angle it is in.

In what was new an appx. $60K vehicle, couldn't the trim around the "BVLGARI" be metal? And couldn't it pivot?

Anyway, the nav has a clock...so I have a clock and a conversation piece.

Aurora5000
02-18-08, 01:16 PM
See below

Aurora5000
02-18-08, 01:38 PM
Dosen't keep accurate time or don't work at all. As Hueterm said a "conversation piece."

I'll go a step further...it's parsley. :yeah::histeric: