: Ford Supports Gasoline Tax

Ralph
05-16-04, 04:03 PM
http://www.thecarconnection.com/index.asp?article=7130&sid=173&n=156

RBraczyk
05-16-04, 04:15 PM
Well, don't they make the super econo car the Focus? Makes sense to me.

Ralph
05-16-04, 04:49 PM
True, I think that cars like the Focus, Cavalier, and SX 2.0 are more than fuel efficient enough. However, if people really panic, and make a move towards these hybrid cars, then the North American economy will suffer because only the Japanese mass produce hybrids. The Japanese will win that one! I think there will be a few more months of high gas prices, so no one should sell their Caddy because of this! This would also hurt re-sale value because the market will be flooded with Caddies for sale!

I read an article last year about how people buy a Honda Civic hybrid. What they don't realize is that supposedly, it would take some 20 years to make up the savings in gas due to the higher cost of the hybrid, to begin with! For example, up here, the basic Civic costs $20,000 (not including 14% tax) The Civic hybris costs $27,000 plus tax! Think of how much fuel $7,000 dollars buys! The car will be obsolete technology by then LOL! They are not THAT much better on gas IMO.

RBraczyk
05-16-04, 06:34 PM
I wonder how much gas is in tokyo.

Ralph
05-16-04, 06:45 PM
Take note of the stock prices at the bottom of the posted article! It appears all the major car manufacturers were feeling a loss on Friday.