: New Member from TX

68Brougham
02-08-08, 10:49 AM
Just wanted to pop on in and say hello. Just joined a few weeks ago. Me and a friend bought our first Caddy. 1968 Fleetwood Brougham. Got her running just the other day.

We're outside of San Antonio, TX. Looking forward to seeing y'all in the forums! This site has already been a big help!

Mike

BigJon
02-08-08, 11:24 AM
:welcome:

68Brougham
02-08-08, 11:32 AM
By the way, here are a few pics. Second couple are of the day we got her. First couple are after she fired up and got a bath for the first time. Big plans ahead include a shave, a top chop, new clothes and some new shoes.

Mike

xshrpshtr
02-08-08, 11:33 AM
Lots of members in Texas...welcome to the madness

EcSTSatic
02-08-08, 11:53 AM
I graduated from Roosevelt HS is San Antonio ages ago.
How is that co-ownership thing working out? I could never share a car with a friend. Too many things to go wrong.

urbanski
02-08-08, 12:21 PM
We're outside of San Antonio, TX. Looking forward to seeing y'all in the forums! This site has already been a big help!

Mike

oh really? i'll be looking for that big boat on 410! :D

68Brougham
02-08-08, 03:22 PM
I graduated from Roosevelt HS is San Antonio ages ago.
How is that co-ownership thing working out? I could never share a car with a friend. Too many things to go wrong.

The co-op is working out just fine. We've been friends and worked on multiple co-op projects for many, many years, going back to highschool days. It is fun to have someone to cuss with and drink beers with while pokin' around on the car.

I am not from S.A. originally but grew up on the Gulf Coast south of Houston.

68Brougham
02-08-08, 03:24 PM
oh really? i'll be looking for that big boat on 410! :D

Hahahah, I dunno about seeing the yacht bruisin' up 410. We're actually out in Bandera. So look us up in the Hill Country...I heard these things corner like they're on rails!!!!

^note the sarcasm

Cadillacboy
02-08-08, 03:25 PM
Welcome to the forums !

RightTurn
02-08-08, 06:35 PM
:cowboy: Howdy, fellow Texan. :wave:

93DevilleUSMC
02-08-08, 09:15 PM
Welcome!

TexasCadillac
02-09-08, 03:22 PM
By the way, here are a few pics. Second couple are of the day we got her. First couple are after she fired up and got a bath for the first time. Big plans ahead include a shave, a top chop, new clothes and some new shoes.

Mike

welcome fellow Texan, it looks like you are planning on spending thousands on the Caddy...Big plans ahead include a shave, a top chop, new clothes and some new shoes. Have you chopped the top on other cars before? Good luck with your Caddy. Texas motto... Visit Texas on vacation, leave on probation. LOL TexasCadillac

68Brougham
02-11-08, 01:08 PM
welcome fellow Texan, it looks like you are planning on spending thousands on the Caddy...Big plans ahead include a shave, a top chop, new clothes and some new shoes. Have you chopped the top on other cars before? Good luck with your Caddy. Texas motto... Visit Texas on vacation, leave on probation. LOL TexasCadillac

Nope, never chopped a car before. This will be a new experience for me. We purchased this car kind of as a learning experience. We plan on experimenting with some different things. We got the car for a song and after spending all weekend on it already have her up and running and driving around. This car had been sitting for 14 years! My range is somewhat limited since the fuel tank was junk and we have not had time to procure a new one we are running on a 1 1/2 gal tank...yes that's right 1.5 gallons. I'm good for about 12 miles. But she does some nasty mean donuts in the parking lot!!! Now it is time for running down all the electrical...oh joy, I can't wait. Hahahaha!