: Motor Mount and Header Question

TexasLonghorn
02-05-08, 01:22 PM
Has anyone had their motor mounts replaced by the dealer with headers on the car? The dealers that I have spoken with all say that there will be an extra charge to remove and reinstall any aftermarket items. None of them would comment on how much it would cost. I then asked if I could just have the motor mounts and Install them myself, and they said they would have to charge me for them. Either way, this will end up costing me some money. I sure wish UUC would come out with some better motor mounts soon, so I donít have to deal with this again. What should I do, buy motor mounts that will not last long, or pay the dealer to uninstall and reinstall my headers? I could wait for the new UUC mounts but the engine shaking is getting worse. The other night after I accelerated up to a high rpm and then let of the throttle, the engine shook so much that my exhaust was hitting up against the car.

CTSV_510
02-05-08, 01:29 PM
Venomous-V has this same issue with a local dealer - he might have an answer for you.

Venomous-V
02-05-08, 01:40 PM
been there done that! your best bet if you have mechanical skills is swap the headers before u take it in. If you cant, id wait for UUC which is what im doin now. Even if you get new dealer ones, u will need em again in the future. They tried to charge me $400 to remove my headers to do em and i said NO!

TexasLonghorn
02-05-08, 02:03 PM
Well that is more bad news, but I really appreciate your help. I guess I will try and wait for the UUC mounts. Does anybody know when they will be done?

Venomous-V
02-05-08, 03:23 PM
apparently any day now. but thats what they always say!

qweegybo
03-11-08, 10:49 AM
how about lowering the front cradle rather than removing the headers, i'm being told that would work too. I'm also in teh process of figuring out how to install the motor mounts myself.

trukk
03-11-08, 11:01 AM
Again another reason I am SO GLAD Lindsay is local to me :D

-Chris