: Prepping for a roadtrip this weekend....

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-04-08, 11:49 AM
Ok, so I'm going to Chicago at the end of the week for the Chicago meet. I've never been there before, so I have no idea what toll booths cost and how often they are. How much money should I bring for these? What are the essential things I need in my car for a road trip for emergency usage?

AMGoff
02-04-08, 03:47 PM
Just make sure your spare is properly inflated and you have a decent little toolkit with a flashlight and a good pair of jumpers (and a trusty Haynes manual if you haven't picked up one yet) in the trunk along with a couple blankets, a bag of kitty-litter/sand, some non-perishables, and some water... just the basics.

It's been a while since I've been out that way, but if I recall correctly, I-90 should be the only toll road you should come across.

Also, if I ever know that I'm going more than 100 miles from home, I always make sure I have at least a hundred bucks cash as well as the devil card - just in case.

Have fun!

eldorado99
02-04-08, 04:12 PM
One thing you forgot AMGoff, he needs to stop in at Wendy's for a Baconator at LEAST 3 times each way. It is a requirement of all road trips that your bacon needs are met.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-04-08, 05:11 PM
Oh yes, the Bacon8r.

Remember, I'll be driving down my Mercedes, so I should remember to bring a bible, a crucifix, some holy water, and a large amount of cash, and my mom's Platinum Visa.

eldorado99
02-04-08, 05:46 PM
You can pick up the ass-kicking Spanish preacher guy with a gun from King of the Hill.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-04-08, 06:39 PM
Oh, Senor Montalvo?

CadillacGurl
02-04-08, 06:54 PM
Bring A LOT of cash... we still have the highest gas prices around and the tolls without the IPASS is double
You can probably look up the tolls online.... found it for you
http://www.illinoistollway.com/portal/page?_dad=portal&_schema=PORTAL&_pageid=133,1495185

eldorado99
02-04-08, 06:56 PM
Oh, Senor Montalvo?

Yeah thats the guy, the ass kicking Catholic preacher. I was trying to find a picture of him on Google, but I failed.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-04-08, 06:58 PM
Bring A LOT of cash... we still have the highest gas prices around and the tolls without the IPASS is double
You can probably look up the tolls online.... found it for you
http://www.illinoistollway.com/portal/page?_dad=portal&_schema=PORTAL&_pageid=133,1495185

Thanks Nicki!! That's exactly what I was looking for. You rock!!

I'll just plan to bring $10 in spare change for the tool booths and parking ramps if need be.

What's gas going for down there? Up here, it's generally around $3.00 per gallon for Premo. I don't pay much attention though, I just slide the card in and leave when it's done.

JTraik
02-04-08, 07:02 PM
Put a few 80 lb bags of cement mix in your trunk for traction and get ready for lake-effect snow!

CadillacGurl
02-04-08, 07:03 PM
The lowest I've seen is $3.39 for premium... I bet out in Downers its a couple cents cheaper...

gary88
02-04-08, 09:59 PM
Don't forget an extra $20 and a roll of singles for the possible strip club adventure

BigJon
02-05-08, 11:33 AM
gas here in michigan way cheaper.... 3.10-3.25 cent for prem... gas i wonder why we are only a state a part

xshrpshtr
02-05-08, 11:48 AM
You are driving a Mercedes to a Caddy meet? huh boy.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-05-08, 02:11 PM
Cadillac owner temporarily exiled in Germany.

AMGoff
02-05-08, 02:38 PM
For some reason, I'd be amused by the thought of Chad in a girlie-bar.... what's the law in IL?

Pasties? Topless? Full Monty?

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-05-08, 02:53 PM
Why's that amusing Adam?

AMGoff
02-05-08, 03:05 PM
Why's that amusing Adam?

I'm not sure... I think it's just because you seem to be rather courteous and mild-mannered.

Of course, I could be completely off-base... but I have a couple friends who are the same way. When placed in such an atmosphere... they're either very soft spoken, somewhat shy, and very polite to the girls... or some primeval part of their psyche comes out and "Mr. Hyde" has come to party...

Either way... I think I'd be amused. :yup:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-05-08, 03:29 PM
I'm not sure... I think it's just because you seem to be rather courteous and mild-mannered.

Of course, I could be completely off-base... but I have a couple friends who are the same way. When placed in such an atmosphere... they're either very soft spoken, somewhat shy, and very polite to the girls... or some primeval part of their psyche comes out and "Mr. Hyde" has come to party...

Either way... I think I'd be amused. :yup:

Actually, that sounds like me in a nutshell.

Until the liquor starts flowing. :lildevil: :quagmire:

Jesda
02-10-08, 07:03 AM
I brought a Lincoln. The air ride leaks when its below 40F, and today its supposed to peak at 5F. :o