: January 2008 New Car Sales... and they're GOOD.

AMGoff
02-03-08, 10:39 PM
January's new car sales are in all but nine brands posted year-over-year losses.

What's more amazing is that five of those nine brands that actually posted gains were GM nameplates - Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC, and Saturn all sold more units during the month of January than they did the year before.

Cadillac in particular was up 7.7% year-over-year, selling 14,792 units, up from 13,740 the year before.

GM as a whole was up 2.1%, selling 252,565 units for the month of January.

The other four winners were Audi, Mazda, Mercedes, and Volvo.

The biggest winner for the month was GMC, posting a gain of 13.3%.

And the biggest loser? That honor goes to those plucky Brits over at Jaguar who posted an astonishing year-over-year loss of 52.2%, having only sold a total of 664 units for the entire month.

ryannel2003
02-03-08, 10:42 PM
Wow... that's really unfortunate for Jaguar. I'm really hope the new XF can save them. That car looks really amazing, and might finally get some buyers into the showroom.

As for Cadillac, not surprising. The CTS is a huge hit, and sales of the Escalade (from what I have seen) are stronger than ever. Now if we can just get that STS/DTS replacement on its way, sales will be even better.

gary88
02-03-08, 10:44 PM
The new XF WILL save Jaguar. It's finally a car from them that isn't trying so hard to show that it's British.

I love to hear the good news from the general though

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-04-08, 10:36 AM
The new XF WILL save Jaguar. It's finally a car from them that isn't trying so hard to show that it's British.

Well of course it'll save them, it's their Wonderwall!
FAPtTS0TYtU

Because mayyyyyyyyyyybe,
You're gonna be the one that saves me?
And after all
You're my wonderwallllllllllll.

Sandy
02-04-08, 03:21 PM
Glad about Volvo & Mazda, as Ford owns them.

The Volvo S80 is a spectacular car !!

http://www.volvocars.us/models/s80/