: Anyone have experience with Hotwire.com? Is Hollywood FL a good area?

nickc50310
02-01-08, 10:45 AM
Hey guys, been looking at hotels in Miami for in a couple of weeks when i am there.

I found a good deal on hotwire.com. Does anyone have any experience with hotwire.com? Good, bad?

Also, the area I am looking at is Hollywood FL. Is this a decent area? Not really in the mood to stay in the hood! AHAHAHA

Bueller
02-01-08, 02:15 PM
I haven't used Hotwire before. I do know that Hollywood is just as much Fort Lauderdale as it is Miami. What do you intend on doing in Miami? Google a map. They are different cities. Of course every city has areas where you can save some cash on a hotel and regret it. I guess it depends on the reason for the trip and objectives. PM me if you need some more help.

Boombotz
02-01-08, 07:40 PM
We use Hotwire a lot. Very happy and saved a lot of money.
When I visit the Miama area I stay in Weston, Fl at the Hyatt Bonaventura spa and resort. Just North of Miami and just South of Ft. Lauderdale.
It is awesome there. 4 star Hotel
$80.00 a night for a $400.00 room.

nickc50310
02-05-08, 10:20 AM
I haven't used Hotwire before. I do know that Hollywood is just as much Fort Lauderdale as it is Miami. What do you intend on doing in Miami? Google a map. They are different cities. Of course every city has areas where you can save some cash on a hotel and regret it. I guess it depends on the reason for the trip and objectives. PM me if you need some more help.

The main reason for my trip is to visit all of the Miami people on here and go to the Miami meet on saturday February 16th. I also have friends in Ft Lauderdale that i am going out with probably on Friday night.

We use Hotwire a lot. Very happy and saved a lot of money.
When I visit the Miama area I stay in Weston, Fl at the Hyatt Bonaventura spa and resort. Just North of Miami and just South of Ft. Lauderdale.
It is awesome there. 4 star Hotel
$80.00 a night for a $400.00 room.

Damn, how do you get it so cheap?

Boombotz
02-05-08, 11:02 AM
I am sure it has a lot to do with the date you are traveling. We also paid $99. for the same hotel on another hotwire visit. I can always tell which one it is by putting in there zip and they are a customer favorite with a spa. It makes it pretty easy. Even when we traveled to Long Island NY we used Hotwire and stayed in a Hotel for less than $100.00 a night and the place was really nice. I never stay in anything less then 3 stars and as long as you keep that concept with Hotwire you should be fine. I can tell you that the zip code by the hotel is 33326. Maybe you can find something by using that zip code, but I dont know how close that puts yo to the meet. They also saved me $300.00 on car rental in NY.

nickc50310
02-05-08, 11:25 AM
Thanks for the pointers Boom! I found 3.5 Stars on hotwire for 149 per night in Hollywood FL.

I will probably just do that as it puts me nicely in between the meet and my friends in Ft Lauderdale.