: Spectre Cradle Bushings or BMR for wheelhop?

KEV-V
01-31-08, 08:14 PM
I am going to order at least one of these items right away and am looking for feedback as to which one works better. Has anyone used them together yet? I have been searching for info but not finding too much, thanks.

Twitch
01-31-08, 09:26 PM
I have been searching for info but not finding too much, thanks.

Really??? This forum is flooded with wheep-hop threads...LOOK HARDER :duck:
I think I'll go with the BMR.

KEV-V
01-31-08, 09:31 PM
No problem finding stuff on wheelhop, just looking for feedback on what works better to help me decide which to get right now

MauiV
01-31-08, 10:20 PM
I have the warrenty fix and it isnt totally gone but is MUCH better than before and it was FREE!!!

My tech said you have to ask for it.

If you dont have it already id say try it first, THEN see if you need more.

Twitch
01-31-08, 10:59 PM
Ha ha, too much information is NOT a good thing. For me, it came down to the BMR kit having more hardware. I want to tighten up everything in the rear.

Most guys on here didn't like the TSB bushings.

The_Groundhog
02-01-08, 07:29 AM
I have the warrenty fix and it isnt totally gone but is MUCH better than before and it was FREE!!!

My tech said you have to ask for it.

If you dont have it already id say try it first, THEN see if you need more.

You will be removing those TSB bushings soon!!:yup: As soon as the back end of the car sounds like a 1940's tracktor. Squeaky! Had two sets same issue each time.

kgoch
02-01-08, 08:51 AM
Neither one works. The best way is to have the TSB done then get large washer and make the bushings tight to the chasis. It will not stop wheel hop, but will greatly reduce it. I bought the BMR kit and the only thing from the kit that is still on the car is the top bushings they sent. The kit did not stop the wheel hop and it transfered a lot of noise into the car.

Venomous-V
02-01-08, 08:55 AM
unless kars resurfaces, i'm thinnkin of just doin Spectre bushings.....less noise then BMR and apparently less noise then TSB bushings.

kgoch
02-01-08, 09:09 AM
where are you located in PA?

Twitch
02-01-08, 09:54 AM
Funny, someone took the spacers out of the BMR kit because of the noise.
Lots of people with lots of different experiences. With wheel-hop, you'll never get a solution. Everything has a positive and a negative. I like the BMR cuz it helps with handling. Dont forget, even tires make a difference with wheel-hop.
BTW I could be wrong on this, but it seems that Specter doesn't always have the bushing inserts in stock. I think they make a batch every once in a while.

Venomous-V
02-01-08, 11:19 AM
West Chester, Pa

I think you are right about stocking the Spectre's

kgoch
02-01-08, 12:16 PM
I am in Lancaster.

I used the BMR nylon bushings on top and the TSB bushings on the bottom with a spacer and washer to make the frame tight so it couldn't move up or down. It seems to work the best with the least amount of noise. I also have dynamax extreme over the floor under the back seat and the floor of the trunk, makes a huge difference.

The_Groundhog
02-01-08, 01:39 PM
Funny, someone took the spacers out of the BMR kit because of the noise.
Lots of people with lots of different experiences. With wheel-hop, you'll never get a solution. Everything has a positive and a negative. I like the BMR cuz it helps with handling. Dont forget, even tires make a difference with wheel-hop.
BTW I could be wrong on this, but it seems that Specter doesn't always have the bushing inserts in stock. I think they make a batch every once in a while.

I ordered a set of the Spektra Werkes on the 23rd, but haven't seen them yet. I was hoping to install this weekend. I sent a message to Matt to see where they are.

KEV-V
02-01-08, 01:58 PM
I spoke to Specter 2 or 3 days ago and they had a batch coming in the next day so they should have some inventory now. I am really leaning that way I think right now.

Rich64SS
02-01-08, 03:44 PM
Yeah, I ordered my Specter bushings the day that they posted here with 10 sets for sale. Card was charged on 01/06. I've emailed Matt twice since and was told both times that the machinist would have them done by Friday of that week.
Good thing I'm patient.
Rich

Rich64SS
02-04-08, 12:05 PM
woohoo! Just got word from Matt at Specter that they're shipping today!

Twitch
02-04-08, 12:51 PM
woohoo! Just got word from Matt at Specter that they're shipping today!

But a month late. Don't really like when companys do that. Don't take my money if you don't have the product. Or a least let me know what's going on.

ssmith100
02-04-08, 01:10 PM
I hate to burst your bubble guys but your still going to have wheel hop with the spectre bushings also............I do. I had the GM first and they squeeked and still hopped. The only thing with the spectre's is the don't squeek as "bad". They do squeek though so be prepared. I'm running 295's on the back and my car hops like crazy.

Shane

Venomous-V
02-04-08, 01:25 PM
thank you smith! Thats what i needed to hear.

KEV-V
02-04-08, 07:56 PM
I hate to burst your bubble guys but your still going to have wheel hop with the spectre bushings also............I do. I had the GM first and they squeeked and still hopped. The only thing with the spectre's is the don't squeek as "bad". They do squeek though so be prepared. I'm running 295's on the back and my car hops like crazy.

Shane

Do you think that the Specter's helped much at all?

CBVLS6
02-04-08, 08:03 PM
OK, so WTF does work??

I am having really bad wheelhop and I need to sort it out.

Can anyone tell me what they used, in detail, that did work?

I've mentioned the problem to my dealer and said that I heard it was a warranty issue and they look at me dumbfounded, so I dont think thats going anywhere..

ssmith100
02-04-08, 08:10 PM
They tighten things up a little in the rear but they "do not" fix the wheel hop. Is it worth doing.......probably...............will it fix the hop........NO.:helpless:

Shane

MauiV
02-04-08, 08:55 PM
OK, so WTF does work??

I am having really bad wheelhop and I need to sort it out.

Can anyone tell me what they used, in detail, that did work?

I've mentioned the problem to my dealer and said that I heard it was a warranty issue and they look at me dumbfounded, so I dont think thats going anywhere..

I just looked through my paperwork and the found my receipt for :

"install updated rear frame bushing per bulletin no 05-04-114-001a"

The FP number is 19133557. Description: Suspension 5.394

Like I said. It didnt totally remove the wheel hop and I seriously doubt ANYTHING will but in my case it has been greatly reduced, and for free.

I got it nearly 16,000 miles ago and they are still holding up just fine, and I daily drive my V and drive it pretty hard.

The_Groundhog
02-04-08, 09:35 PM
They sure better not squeak for $250 or they are going back. Here is the non-squeak quote.

"What ours do is fill in the voids so that the bushing cannot move as much. Also, the material they are made of is delrin, which has a natural lubricity and from everything I have heard, it does not squeak."

ssmith100
02-04-08, 10:32 PM
After they have been installed for a while (mine have been for over a year) when you reverse or pull forward at slow speed you will get a creak....guess where...bushings.

I'm not trying to talk you guys out of them...I just want you to know the facts. As far as an upgrade for the GM bushings there is no comparison......the Spectre's blow them out of the water.

Shane

CBVLS6
02-05-08, 11:01 AM
I just looked through my paperwork and the found my receipt for :

"install updated rear frame bushing per bulletin no 05-04-114-001a"

The FP number is 19133557. Description: Suspension 5.394

Like I said. It didnt totally remove the wheel hop and I seriously doubt ANYTHING will but in my case it has been greatly reduced, and for free.

I got it nearly 16,000 miles ago and they are still holding up just fine, and I daily drive my V and drive it pretty hard.

Wow, thanks a lot man. That's going to really help. I'm about to assult the dealership now.:thepan:

MauiV
02-05-08, 02:55 PM
Good luck.

bandit6678
02-08-09, 11:11 AM
what did you tell your dealer to get them to replace that bushing??? cause my warranty is up soon n i want to do all i can now while i still can. Im actually debating whether or not to get the extended warranty cause im afraid of that freakin rear

darkman
02-08-09, 11:22 AM
what did you tell your dealer to get them to replace that bushing??? cause my warranty is up soon n i want to do all i can now while i still can. Im actually debating whether or not to get the extended warranty cause im afraid of that freakin rear

If you have not already done so, you might want to read the thread below.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2004/159503-factory-wheelhop-bushings-not-covered-under.html

UnsafeAtAnySpd
02-08-09, 01:17 PM
My first V had all the BMR stuff installed by the previous owner. My current one does not. Wheel hop is definitely induced a lot easier without the BMR stuff. I will say that it doesn't help that this suspension has 30k more miles on it. I really need to go pull that stuff off and put it on my current car though.

justin311
02-08-09, 02:48 PM
I got a set of the spectre bushings. I'm having them installed when they do my 06-07 diff. I also have a KARS kit coming, so I hope that eliminates the wheel hop completely.

bandit6678
02-08-09, 06:25 PM
how did you get the kars kit? I have not even been able to find any good information on them except what i read on posts. how did you get a new rear too??

justin311
02-08-09, 09:24 PM
Got the KARS kit off of Capown. I have a good friend at the dealer.