: The V beast is ready for the dyno

rlj5
01-30-08, 11:49 PM
Been a year now since I started on the diff build till now, But EPP has the V done and getting a few miles on it preparing for the dyno So we can see just what this puppy has got

the link to Epp's latest pics here

http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...Car.php?car=29 (http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com/projectCar.php?car=29)

the cadillac kid
01-31-08, 12:07 AM
:drool:

whats your prediction?

STAGEUP
01-31-08, 12:12 AM
We Want Vids!!!

rlj5
01-31-08, 12:17 AM
:drool:

whats your prediction?

MY predictions= 860 rwhp, 810 rwtq

stkshkr
01-31-08, 12:31 AM
Hope you get that, glad to see it near completion. Now I want mine.

rlj5
01-31-08, 12:39 AM
Hope you get that, glad to see it near completion. Now I want mine.

Hey Gene,
How's yours coming ? I know you can't wait to get that beast back.

rblimas
01-31-08, 12:58 AM
video?:D

stkshkr
01-31-08, 01:24 AM
Slow, needed new block, now clutch is shot (Tex QZ700, only 5 months old). But I know they are doing good work, great shop! I also may get the fuel system done (prep for my Procharger) if the clutch is covered under warranty. The money ran out so I'll be with the Maggie for another season.

the cadillac kid
01-31-08, 01:41 AM
wow those are big numbers..over a K at the crank :eek:

get that thing to a strip & see what it runs!

heavymetals
01-31-08, 02:58 AM
Sounds like one big aluminum gernade.:bomb:

ctsv154
01-31-08, 05:41 AM
Sounds like one big aluminum gernade.:bomb:
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Hopefully for your sake I hope its more like this:spin::burn:

oh yeah that much power makes me want to dance!:fwll:

LUVMY04V
01-31-08, 11:32 AM
My god is that thing awsome :sneaky:

theloanman219
01-31-08, 01:27 PM
WoW....... just WoW

rand49er
01-31-08, 03:16 PM
Tell me this isn't going to be a daily driver.

Mine scares me a bit ... just can't imagine having well over 800. :eek:

onebadcad
01-31-08, 03:36 PM
:yup::D:lildevil::) That V is unbelieveable, I am thinking sub-10 if nothing breaks.
Good luck!!!

ctsv154
01-31-08, 03:55 PM
You better post some freakin numbers as soon as you get them! Then a time slip!!!!

rlj5
02-01-08, 09:52 AM
Well crap !

Got snow in Northern Indiana, So Epp can't get the miles needed for breakin before it goes on the dyno. Looks like it's gonna be sometime next week now, assuming the roads clear up. The good news is, with the miles they have already put on it ,they are really bragging about how good it sounds, drives and feels under power. Don't really know what they base it on, But they said it wouldn't be a surprise to see it hit 875 to 900 rwhp

rand49er
02-01-08, 11:22 AM
While they're putting miles on it, sure hope that don't do to your car what that shop in North Carolina did to that lady's Vette ... what a mess. :nono:

CBVLS6
02-01-08, 02:40 PM
I dont know if I missed on the EPP site, it looked like there was still a Corsa catback on there? Are you going to run that?

The car is incredible BTW, the FMIC looks amazing as well as that piping. It takes forever to fab-up good looking pipes with graceful bends like you have. Well Done!!

Johnny R
02-01-08, 04:07 PM
Thats pretty sweet.

I saw they made you some subframe connectors and I really want a set. I sent them an email a couple weeks ago and got no response.

rlj5
02-01-08, 04:30 PM
While they're putting miles on it, sure hope that don't do to your car what that shop in North Carolina did to that lady's Vette ... what a mess. :nono:

Must of missed that one, So what did they hit ?

Guess anytime there on the road there's that chance.

But I really do trust these guys alot, Just look at what I let them do to

my V . There is absolutely no one else I would let tear my V apart like that

and have the confidence that it will go back together correctly

stkshkr
02-01-08, 05:05 PM
"But I really do trust these guys alot, Just look at what I let them do to
my V . There is absolutely no one else I would let tear my V apart like that
and have the confidence that it will go back together correctly"

What he said!!!

nickc50310
02-01-08, 05:16 PM
I think I got a little chubby goin..... BWAHAHAHA!!

That is the most awesome thing I have ever layed eyes on!

EPJ
02-01-08, 06:14 PM
RLJ5, This thing is going to be INSANE. The wheels and tires look perfect on the car, especially after a good shine!

The blower sounds like a jet engine when your accelerating in traffic, had a few heads turned while cruising to the dealer ship to get an alignment.

-Jake

the cadillac kid
02-01-08, 06:23 PM
ok, i'm holding urb's ass hostage... my list of demands:

-5 minute video of rlj5/EPP V driving around.
-video of V at the drag strip
-dyno charts!!!
-V racing m5, viper, z06, mclaren, & anything else with over 500hp

do NOT toy with me, i WILL hurt him.

rlj5
02-01-08, 06:45 PM
RLJ5, This thing is going to be INSANE. The wheels and tires look perfect on the car, especially after a good shine!

The blower sounds like a jet engine when your accelerating in traffic, had a few heads turned while cruising to the dealer ship to get an alignment.

-Jake

Hey Jake,

While you were at the dealership ya shoulda asked em if the warranty would cover that rough idle and that really bad whine (must be a power steering belt or something )

EPJ
02-01-08, 09:39 PM
Hey Jake,

While you were at the dealership ya shoulda asked em if the warranty would cover that rough idle and that really bad whine (must be a power steering belt or something )

LOL, the service manager didn't say anything about the lope or whine. They just stared in awe over it. The motor brace helps a TON, with the cam it was rocking back and forth so hard i thought i might want to get a new set of mounts ordered lol. Now it doesn't move much if any, should help a ton when shifting hard.

If it warms up and drys out a bit, id like to wash and zaino it for ya, get some really nice pictures as well. The wheels look great as well!

If i can get my vid camera working i may snag some dyno footage to post up.

the cadillac kid
02-01-08, 10:06 PM
:drool:'ing already

RobWilson
02-01-08, 11:12 PM
That is a sweet setup. You are going to love it. The engine that Texas Speed built for my C5 is very similar, minus the supercharger. It put down just under 500 rwhp on 91 octane, through 4.10 gears. I can't imagine getting any kind of traction with another 300+ rwhp. :thumbsup:

Rob Wilson
'04 Black Raven CTS-V
'03 Medium Spiral Gray Metallic Corvette

RobWilson
02-01-08, 11:13 PM
BTW, who was the differential builder that you ended up giving up on?

stkshkr
02-02-08, 03:01 AM
Hey Jake, welcome to our forum

rlj5
02-02-08, 11:11 PM
BTW, who was the differential builder that you ended up giving up on?

Went through that several months ago and since a couple of the forum members at that time thought he was a great guy I won't rehash old news, All I'll say is it's a former forum member in Baltimore. So if you're thinkin about having anything like this done around Baltimore you might pm me first

Mystical_Ice
02-03-08, 12:27 PM
i have to agree, that does look amazing.

i would consider doing something like this about 2 years from now with my current V... maybe... when it's not a daily driver anymore :p
would you mind PMing me how much this is costing? if you'd prefer keeping that to yourself then i understand :)

EPJ
02-03-08, 04:31 PM
Hey Rlj, with the new wheels you lost 48lbs total. The 20s were pretty heavy!

rlj5
02-03-08, 08:09 PM
Hey Rlj, with the new wheels you lost 48lbs total. The 20s were pretty heavy!

Saved 48 lbs, "WoW" Those hre competion wheels are really light, Thats free horsepower
appreciated the info Jake

Washin
02-07-08, 11:17 AM
Where are the numbers??

Venomous-V
02-07-08, 03:01 PM
Videos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SkullV
02-07-08, 03:19 PM
The weather here in Indy still sucks...I would NEVER drive an 800+ RWD with all the ice we have on the roads :-( I'm sure they will have videos and numbers as absolutly as soon as they can!

keeksv
02-07-08, 04:41 PM
The weather here in Indy still sucks...I would NEVER drive an 800+ RWD with all the ice we have on the roads :-( I'm sure they will have videos and numbers as absolutly as soon as they can!
It was 75 and sunny here yesterday.....sorry, don't often get to say that in the middle of the winter. Couldn't resist.

I agree though--traction is going to be a concern with this car even on dry pavement. God help the driver in second gear.

Washin
02-07-08, 05:17 PM

I hope there dyno is indoors.

SkullV
02-07-08, 05:18 PM
I hope there dyno is indoors.

Been a year now since I started on the diff build till now, But EPP has the V done and getting a few miles on it preparing for the dyno So we can see just what this puppy has got

It is...its the fact that they have to break in the new motor before they can dyno it!

Ted

rlj5
02-07-08, 06:21 PM
Been talkin to Bob at Epp almost daily, Hopin the weather is better up there in Northern Indiana than here in west central Indiana . But So far it's been worse up there and no way to get the break in miles on the V beast. Just hope it gets better soon !

Howsitgoing
02-11-08, 05:43 PM
Any updates?

alcast082
02-11-08, 08:40 PM
carefull with all those horse and wet or icy roads. I know my V with alot less horses gets sideways pretty quick under those conditions.
Be safe and when possible , drop a video and dyno numbers, congrats on the beast

rlj5
02-12-08, 08:27 AM
The latest update,
Talked to Brent at epp yesterday, Seems he has managed to get the required miles on the V, But something has broken on the mustang dyno and there waiting on some parts that are supposed to be in this week. Still waiting, But the weather is really shitty here anyway ,So if I have to wait at least this is the best time

theloanman219
02-12-08, 08:40 PM
This is a bigger nail biting thread than BigDean leaving the forum. Hurry up already! lol I can't wait anymore, I can just imagine how you feel.

Gene

EPJ
02-21-08, 07:40 PM
I think i heard something about 800rwhp and 14.5psi? :lildevil:

CTSV_Rob
02-21-08, 07:43 PM
Holy crap.

EPJ
02-21-08, 08:01 PM
Go buy stock in Nitto lol. It spun a bit on the rollers, then it was tied down a bit more and made the 810hp.

theloanman219
02-21-08, 08:22 PM
damn That is one killer V!

V-Love
02-21-08, 08:30 PM
That is just beautiful. I can't believe the amount of work you put into that thing. You are the man. PLEASE call Luke or Feff and sign up for the track day at Summit Point. Your V needs to be there. Its May 9th so there is plenty of time to tune her in.
The write up was sweet and very detailed. Pics were awesome. You are a 2004-2007 CTS-V forum hero.
That is the ultimate sleeper. Although, I guess the sound might give it away.

LUVMY04V
02-21-08, 08:32 PM
You got the iternets blowin up!!!!!

http://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=868608

bossplayer
02-21-08, 08:40 PM
Very very nice work. That is super bad ass!!! Guess this makes silver the fastest color now..... :banghead:

theloanman219
02-21-08, 08:55 PM
shut up steve!

Fast silver V's are a dime a dozen. But Fast Stealth Gray are also rare:>)

EPJ
02-21-08, 08:57 PM
Im not too up to date with the cts-v colors, but did they come in the copper metallic? If not i would LOVE to do a conversion!

bossplayer
02-21-08, 09:03 PM
shut up steve!

Fast silver V's are a dime a dozen. But Fast Stealth Gray are also rare:>)

LOL, I see. But my NITTO tires match my paint, he can't get tires like that!!! :thumbsup:

theloanman219
02-21-08, 09:05 PM
My Nitto tires match the rubber on the ground behind me.

CTSV_Rob
02-21-08, 09:17 PM
Matching tires, am I in the CTS forum?

CTSV_Rob
02-21-08, 09:17 PM
My tires match each other, does that count?

bossplayer
02-21-08, 09:24 PM
My tires match each other, does that count?

NO, absolutely not. :burn:

CTSV_510
02-21-08, 09:27 PM
Matching tires, am I in the CTS forum?

if this was the CTS forum, then they'd be debating about what tires to put on their 22s.

EDIT: BTW, I forgot ... 800+rwhp.... wooooyeah!

bossplayer
02-21-08, 09:30 PM
if this was the CTS forum, then they'd be debating about what tires to put on their 22s.

Exactly. As a rehash I had 3 patched holes in one of my tires and did not like the feeling of doing 130+ on them. I was looking for a good deal on tires and found the Nittos due to someone posting about them. Got a great deal and they have really good grip.... except on snow.... which is horrible.... beyond horrible.

In retrospect, I am glad I took the leap.:cloud9:

rlj5
02-21-08, 09:49 PM
Can you believe I didn't even know the V beast had even been on the dyno until a few minutes ago. 809 rwhp not to bad for only 14.4 lb boost, the boost we are after is 18 psi in the end should get pretty close to 900 rwhp and that on a mustang dyno
Bob @ epp posted the dyno graph on the site

http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...Car.php?car=29 (http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com/projectCar.php?car=29)

Luna.
02-21-08, 10:20 PM
For the love of God...

When can you mat the throttle, 4th gear??? :eek:

rlj5
02-21-08, 10:26 PM
That is just beautiful. I can't believe the amount of work you put into that thing. You are the man. PLEASE call Luke or Feff and sign up for the track day at Summit Point. Your V needs to be there. Its May 9th so there is plenty of time to tune her in.
The write up was sweet and very detailed. Pics were awesome. You are a 2004-2007 CTS-V forum hero.
That is the ultimate sleeper. Although, I guess the sound might give it away.

Been signed up for some time . The V beast will be there on May 9th

rlj5
02-21-08, 10:37 PM
For the love of God...

When can you mat the throttle, 4th gear??? :eek:

Gonna take some experimentation , Right now I have Nitto Drag Radials 285/35/18 on HRE 9-1/2" wide competion wheels

NormV
02-21-08, 11:09 PM
Congratulations on the crazy power. Look forward to seeing the car in May.
Just hope you don't sell it in a year from now. :)

Norm

bossplayer
02-22-08, 12:24 AM
Congratulations on the crazy power. Look forward to seeing the car in May.
Just hope you don't sell it in a year from now. :)

Norm

Yeah that..... unless I am in the market for a different one....:highfive:

Although (never said this before) this might be a bit much for me....:showoff:

the cadillac kid
02-22-08, 12:34 AM
i'm wondering what she'll run at the drag :D

stkshkr
02-22-08, 01:53 AM
Wow, congrats to you and the guys at EPP. There goes my title as fastest V in the 1/4...LOL.
I'll be at ORP in Indy on May 24th let's get together and race. Two fastest V's built by EPP!!!
Better get that cage!! You're gonna need it.

SkullV
02-22-08, 10:02 AM

rlj5 I will be leaving from Lafayette, and Mark said a while back that he would meet me on I-70 you interested in "caravaning" over to summit with us even though there is NO way we will be able to keep up......?

Ted

rlj5
02-22-08, 11:00 AM
rlj5 I will be leaving from Lafayette, and Mark said a while back that he would meet me on I-70 you interested in "caravaning" over to summit with us even though there is NO way we will be able to keep up......?

Ted

Ted, I would for sure like meet up with you and Mark & Caravan to summit point. And I always travel the speed limit "LoL" , No really I try to drive on the street like I have a little sense most of the time

Just let me know when & where, Bob

CTSV_510
02-29-08, 11:25 PM
Did you ever get any videos or sound bytes for us?

rlj5
03-01-08, 06:09 AM
Did you ever get any videos or sound bytes for us?

Picking up the V today , I'll work on getting some video & sound clips

Natedog
03-01-08, 08:42 PM
how's she runnin ???

rlj5
03-02-08, 02:43 PM
how's she runnin ???

Sounds great, But I didn't get to pick it up because there were a couple small problems that arose at the last minute & they need it for a couple more days to take care of them. They asked if I wanted to drive it while I was there and I said no, I'm not going to drive it until I can take it with me, So I haven't drivin it yet just listened to it and it do sound good.

CTSV_510
03-02-08, 09:02 PM
Sounds great, But I didn't get to pick it up because there were a couple small problems that arose at the last minute & they need it for a couple more days to take care of them. They asked if I wanted to drive it while I was there and I said no, I'm not going to drive it until I can take it with me, So I haven't drivin it yet just listened to it and it do sound good.

Man you have patience that I dream about. You must not have any kids.

stkshkr
03-03-08, 12:16 AM
I get to pick mine up this friday...can't wait

V-Love
03-03-08, 01:34 AM

Please keep that monster in one piece. I can't wait to see and hear that thing.
Thats another reason to sign up and go to the "BIGGEST V MEET IN THE WORLD"

rlj5
03-03-08, 05:54 AM
I get to pick mine up this friday...can't wait

Gene , I looked at yours while I was there , Asked Bob when it was going to be done and he said next week.
Everything looks fantastic on your V, With your experience at the strip you should have some really great times @ the 1320' Now. Hope to get with you and meet up @ ORP in indy when your there in May

SkullV
03-03-08, 10:09 AM
Gene , I looked at yours while I was there , Asked Bob when it was going to be done and he said next week.
Everything looks fantastic on your V, With your experience at the strip you should have some really great times @ the 1320' Now. Hope to get with you and meet up @ ORP in indy when your there in May

My V is a baby compared to your guys cars, but I would love to meet up with you guys in may...since I will be here for summer school....alone....:suspense: