: 1977 v8 425 how to increase horsepower

cadillacdeville
05-14-04, 03:55 PM
Hello I am new to the site but not to working on my 1977 cadillac deville with a v8 425. I've done a lot of work on the car and its looking real good but I was wondering what I could do to increase the horse power of this massive engine. I was thinking about putting one of those new holly street avenger carbs on. But was wondering if any one could give me any suggestions? all replies welcome negative or positive thank you.

tripleyellow78cad
05-15-04, 10:17 PM
Hello I am new to the site but not to working on my 1977 cadillac deville with a v8 425. I've done a lot of work on the car and its looking real good but I was wondering what I could do to increase the horse power of this massive engine. I was thinking about putting one of those new holly street avenger carbs on. But was wondering if any one could give me any suggestions? all replies welcome negative or positive thank you.
There are quite a few ways to get more power out of these great running gas hogs like ours,
1, y-pipeback 3inch exaust
2, headers if you can find or make your own
3, nitorus
4,sleeper caddy 500inch swap:woohoo:
5,port/polish original caddy 425 intake

hope that helps:coolgleam

cadillacdeville
05-15-04, 11:45 PM
thank you for your reply I have upgraded the exahuast and just today put a new carb and cleaned and installed a new manifold gasket. I took it for a test run and that new carb kicked in all for barrles and she came to life.