: best heads and cam package?

v10boost
01-30-08, 10:33 PM
I did some reaserch and found out that high 400s is possible with bolt ons on 5.7 LS7. So, what is best heads, cam and intake package?

Naf
01-31-08, 01:13 AM
PSSST!!! before you get hit with the search reply graphic, i would search the forum history..Another guy asked the same exact question...

SkullV
01-31-08, 02:09 AM
Man you are all over the place, if you ask ALL of your performance questions in one thread it would be easier for people to answer them. Are you trying to pull another Blairski and spend 11K in one day?

atdeneve
01-31-08, 11:22 AM
No 5.7 LS7 that I know of. It's either a 5.7 LS6 or a 7.0 LS7. I assume you're talking about the LS6.

And when you say high 400s, you mean, like, above 450? At the wheels? Hell, then spread the wisdom, what bolt-ons do you speak of?

v10boost
02-01-08, 12:15 AM
No 5.7 LS7 that I know of. It's either a 5.7 LS6 or a 7.0 LS7. I assume you're talking about the LS6.

And when you say high 400s, you mean, like, above 450? At the wheels? Hell, then spread the wisdom, what bolt-ons do you speak of?

I am looking for 480rwhp or more. Sorry about the mix, i meant ls6, 5.7L motor.

I am willing to do all the bolt ons except force induction.
intake,TB,intake manifold,cam,heads,rockers,headers,full 3" header back exhuast with high flow cats,tuning etc...

I want to stay NA form with out any power adders. Little rought idle is okay long as pass smog
. :banghead:

StealthViggen
02-01-08, 10:35 AM
With the cam needed for 480+ whp , you won't be passing smog. Realistically, 440ish might be possible, but that's really gonna depend on the tuner. There are as many cam grinds out there as opinions. I's contact Patrick G on the ls1tech forums to help you spec it. As for heads, ETP and TFC both make great bolt on heads.

HushH
02-01-08, 11:01 AM
I believe gcoan hit 480s with Trickflow 225s, mid-sized cam, and FAST intake. He's an LS2, but I don't think you'd be too far off in an LS6.

gcoan
02-01-08, 06:51 PM
Yes I did 481 on one dyno 477 on another but that motor went boom.

Drago
02-01-08, 10:19 PM
gcoan, do you know what the root cause of the 'boom' was? It caught my attention as I am getting a little closer to cam and maybe more goodies but don't need a 'boom' in the daily driver. Hopefully it wasn't an issue stemming from your upgrade work. I would like to use the same shop as you and HushH but suddenly I have some concerns.

RobWilson
02-02-08, 12:22 AM
There are lots of great heads/cam/header options out there. For 480 rwhp, you are going to need a pretty big cam and it will effect the drivability. I would recommend shooting 430-450 rwhp and get better drivability. I got 437 rwhp and 400 rwtq from the 5.7 LS1 in my C5 using Texas Speed 5.3L heads, 225/225 duration .591/.591 lift, 114 LSA cam, and Kooks 1 3/4" headers. The total package cost me under $6000 installed and dyno tuned. You can get similar numbers through the stock LS6/LS2 heads and a bigger cam, but you trade off some drivability.

That is just one option. There are countless others....I just thought I would chime in.

'04 Black Raven CTS-V
'03 Medium Spiral Gray Metallic Corvette

Naf
02-02-08, 01:57 AM
Hm you want oddles of power from a 5.7 and stay NA

Honestly its easy but it gonna cost ya...

First off to make that much power NA you need to ditch any heads and go for the GM LPE heads with 60.9 compression...Then also ask for a GT2-2 cam. A FAST 90 intake, and yella terra rockers...Later you will need a SW complete exhaust. Whie you are at it, i would upgrade your oil pump change your clutch to either a LS7 or Exedy...Dont forget the spacer. Then you will need to upgrade the suspension components and try and score a KARs III Cradle...
not to mention to upgrade your brake system and wheels

We are gettin to the finish soon...Lastly after everything is done you will have to strategicly upgrade your coolin system...A tune can only do so much, the rest is up to you...

Have fun and remember performance never comes cheap...You get what yo pay for...