: 1997 Catera

xanax06
01-30-08, 02:22 PM
Noob here. Just picked up my Catera, 84000 original miles. $2000. Other than the heater control valve leaking, this car is in great shape. No key fob, oh well.
Everything works. I've had it up to 125 mph, smooth ride. I've heard all the negatives about this car, but I love mine.

How hard is it to replace the Bose stereo, with a CD player?

sccatera97
01-30-08, 09:32 PM
I would look for a factory 12 disc changer on eBay or scrapyard. Since it has the BOSE system, it is already wired for it. It goes in the right rear compartment and you will need the correct bracket to mount it. This is what Idid to mine and I prefer it. It is nice to not have to keep up with loose CD's.

This is how it will look installed with a factory set up.

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg307/hhatyagle/100_0782.jpg

xanax06
01-30-08, 10:26 PM
Aha, I wondered what that space was for. Thanks

CateraMV6
01-31-08, 02:33 PM
I got a USA SPEC PA11-GM45 Digital Conversion box that allows for auxilary inputs such as Ipod integration or anything else that can ouptu sound... and mine works great you control everything from inside the car... too bad it doesnt display the songs on the ipod... but everything else is working great... much better then a CD changer if you ask me...

Cadi Cat
02-01-08, 12:33 AM
I got a USA SPEC PA11-GM45 Digital Conversion box that allows for auxilary inputs such as Ipod integration or anything else that can ouptu sound... and mine works great you control everything from inside the car... too bad it doesnt display the songs on the ipod... but everything else is working great... much better then a CD changer if you ask me...

I got one of those. I love it! The songs are displayed on the iPod when it's in manual mode, which I prefer myself over using the radio dials, unless you meant songs scrolling on the radio itself. That's what I wish it did.