: she wont listen

Crown Vic Owner
01-30-08, 01:45 AM
Grr, my mother is pissing me the hell off.
Since i sorta gave her the SLS as a christmas present (its mine, its hers, whosever it is), the car isnt behaving at all. I went to go check the oil in the cars, i see the SLS is low 2 quarts. The motor NEVER burned oil before the fact, a half quart in a couple of tousand miles (2).

I start the car, figuring ill take it to the store and back, i get in, car is running like shit, i mean, literially, rough running. I take it up to 6500, let it do a WOT shift, car is running A-OK. I told her to drive the car one day, i ask her when the last time she went more than half throttle, she said never.

How do you convince a almost 50 year old woman that used to own a 454 chevelle (want to guess what she did) that the cadillac is not to be babied.

Spyder
01-30-08, 12:06 PM
Sounds like a good excuse for YOU to take it out once in a while, eh?

CadillacSTS42005
01-30-08, 12:08 PM
:yeah:

gary88
01-30-08, 12:13 PM
Good luck with that. When my mom drives my car, she won't ever go past 3000 RPM.

CadillacSTS42005
01-30-08, 12:44 PM
bring the SLS to the meet Ryan
ill show ya how to open her up hahaha

Crown Vic Owner
01-30-08, 01:37 PM
bring the SLS to the meet Ryan
ill show ya how to open her up hahaha

sts03, i KNOW how to no issue. I HAVE once in a while with no issue. I am still going to bring the SLS.

Were all going to see the freakchild it is.

Crown Vic Owner
01-30-08, 02:03 PM
Sounds like a good excuse for YOU to take it out once in a while, eh?
I swear, im going to take the car back from her

JC316
01-30-08, 02:19 PM
Good luck with that. When my mom drives my car, she won't ever go past 3000 RPM.

Amen, my mom drives 55MPH everywhere she goes. And to think that she used to be a street racer in a 64 Ford Galaxy 500 with a 390 and a 4 speed :lildevil:.

Crown Vic Owner
01-30-08, 02:23 PM
Amen, my mom drives 55MPH everywhere she goes. And to think that she used to be a street racer in a 64 Ford Galaxy 500 with a 390 and a 4 speed :lildevil:.
my mom has has the SLS past 110 before, (yeah, im not getting into this arguement), that was scary.

misfit6794
01-30-08, 02:35 PM
Try talking to the car, they tend to have more sense than women.

BigJon
01-30-08, 02:37 PM
thats crazy i dont no really any ladies that drive fast

Crown Vic Owner
01-30-08, 02:40 PM
Try talking to the car, they tend to have more sense than women.I DO talk to my car.
The vic i always tell her go faster and stop bitching and making noises she never made before.

The cadillac i have to ask nicely to stop making noise, to stop running rough, to not blow a headgasket (although im timeserted), to not get mad at me and keep the beeper going off, and provide me with fun.

I have the strut brace sitting in my garage, but i am punishing the cadillac for busting another PCM right now and a CKP and not giving it a treat.

Yeah, i DO talk to my cars.

The scary thing is, my mom has the chevy 305/350/396/427/454 mentality, she understands about nothing with newer engines.

Scary enough, she knows how to rebuild a 5.7 ford, i guess her old 2 door grand marq can do that.

Destroyer
01-30-08, 05:18 PM
Scary enough, she knows how to rebuild a 5.7 fordWow, especially since Ford never made a 5.7:lildevil:

Crown Vic Owner
01-30-08, 05:23 PM
Wow, especially since Ford never made a 5.7:lildevil:

am i bad

dkozloski
01-30-08, 05:24 PM
The only thing you could do for a 390 Ford was two aspirins and lots of rest. Pure lead sled.

SvB4EvA
01-30-08, 05:40 PM
My mom drives like a grandma... but i know some women that drive like more of a maniac then I do. And that is CRAZZZZZZZZY

Ranger
01-30-08, 06:54 PM
How do you convince a almost 50 year old woman that used to own a 454 chevelle (want to guess what she did) that the cadillac is not to be babied.
You don't.

Crown Vic Owner
01-30-08, 07:26 PM
You don't.

oops

sorry ranger. Didnt mean to offend you.

AJxtcman
01-30-08, 09:56 PM
WTF is wrong with you?
Yes take it that way!

Lets think about this and disassemble your thought process and your posts.

Cadillac sold more than 10K cars a year. Are we good with that?

I would say the from 1996 to 1999 the average age of a Caddy driver was much older than than it is today. Can we agree on that?

The average Northstar customer does not WOT the car that often. They pay us to do that.

10K+ 96 to 99 Cadillac's on the road that don't have your symptoms. Can we agree on that?

So what is the malfunction?

The crank sensors in a 93 to 99 are two wire AC generators that have a very low failure rate. Can we agree on that or do you need proof?

The PCM's are know to have many fail save surge protectors that keep it protected. Again this is a very low failure rate on the PCM's Can we agree on that?

Have you ever hammered on the car before it reached operating temp?

Have you looked for a loose wire or ground cables?

Maybe when you WOT the car it tugs on a wire or cable.

Maybe the car has so much more power than a F.O.R.D. that you bust every time you nail it. This causes your brain to malfunction and you don't realize that the car is still a not right.

The reason I asked about the operating temp is to get a feel for your intelligence.

Crown Vic Owner
01-30-08, 11:08 PM
AJ, it was mainly the oil cumsumption, but now that i did a little searching, i read about the dipstick BS and it not necessarly being accurate, and i messed up.

Honestly, the car runs, it runs right, AJ i give up on the thing. If it breaks, let my dad deal with it. He created the peice of shit, he can keep it running.

The car runs fine now, who gives a flying ****.

I am just pissed off that she cant beat on it.

Ill end up seafoaming it tomorrow probobly, this should get interesting.

And AJ, i DONT deny the car is ****ed up. I knew this before i even got the damn car to be honest. The whole reason i got the car is a return of a favor from my dad.

Ranger
01-31-08, 11:37 AM
oops

sorry ranger. Didnt mean to offend you.
No offense taken.

AJxtcman
01-31-08, 12:54 PM
AJ, it was mainly the oil cumsumption, but now that i did a little searching, i read about the dipstick BS and it not necessarly being accurate, and i messed up.

I have to apologize for my comment. I had something else going on and you caught it. Sorry.

Crown Vic Owner
01-31-08, 02:25 PM
No need to apologize AJ.

Destroyer
01-31-08, 04:07 PM
No need to apologize AJ.I thought he was pretty rude and would have taken the apology. :sneaky:

blunted
01-31-08, 04:31 PM
Maybe the car has so much more power than a F.O.R.D. that you bust every time you nail it. This causes your brain to malfunction and you don't realize that the car is still a not right.

:rofl:

Sorry but that was pretty damn funny.

Crown Vic Owner
01-31-08, 04:44 PM
I thought he was pretty rude and would have taken the apology. :sneaky:

people have bad days, i have snapped at people here. I didnt really take it personally.

Destroyer
01-31-08, 05:43 PM
:rofl:

Sorry but that was pretty damn funny.Yeah, I forgot how fast a N* is. I'd probably have a brain malfunction from all that speed too being that I've been driving Fords for awhile now.:rolleyes::helpless:

Crown Vic Owner
01-31-08, 05:45 PM
Yeah, I forgot how fast a N* is. I'd probably have a brain malfunction from all that speed too being that I've been driving Fords for awhile now.:rolleyes::helpless:

lol, a DOHC 4.6 ford mod motor would completely own a northstar no questions asked.

AJxtcman
02-01-08, 07:30 AM
I thought he was pretty rude and would have taken the apology. :sneaky:
I was in the wrong

people have bad days, i have snapped at people here. I didnt really take it personally.
That is no excuse I should have stated my point nicer.

Yeah, I forgot how fast a N* is. I'd probably have a brain malfunction from all that speed too being that I've been driving Fords for awhile now.:rolleyes::helpless:
It was referred to as a F.O.R.D.
Initials not a word.

lol, a DOHC 4.6 ford mod motor would completely own a northstar no questions asked.

find me a 4.6L DOHC engine that can out run me. Find me a Snake car and I will wipe it up. Oh wait I did with my old PCM. find me a 4.6L DOHC car or truck with a Blower and after I install mine I will smoke it then.
Oh wait We will see that also.

BTW I just fixed a Muskrat yesterday. It was hit hard in the Right front. It is a drop top, so it has bracing. The car so twisted. I could pull it straight by hand. The body shop guy said when it was on the frame rack it pulled super easy. THIS IS NOT CHOICE.

Crown Vic Owner
02-01-08, 11:08 AM
meh, im talking cadillac wise, not fiero.

You fiero is just jaw dropping.

AJxtcman
02-01-08, 02:07 PM
meh, im talking cadillac wise, not fiero.

You fiero is just jaw dropping.

What 4400 lbs F.O.R.D. are you talking about?
F = Found
O = On
R = Road
D =
Well you get it

Destroyer
02-01-08, 05:34 PM
find me a 4.6L DOHC engine that can out run me. Find me a Snake car and I will wipe it up. Oh wait I did with my old PCM. find me a 4.6L DOHC car or truck with a Blower and after I install mine I will smoke it then.
Oh wait We will see that also.

You definately are smoking something. Wow and you could beat any Ford, even with your old PCM, scary!.

BTW I just fixed a Muskrat yesterday. What the hell is a Muskrat?.

Destroyer
02-01-08, 05:35 PM
What 4400 lbs F.O.R.D. are you talking about?
F = Found
O = On
R = Road
D =
Well you get itA+++++++ for originality! :thepan::rolleyes:

Crown Vic Owner
02-01-08, 06:16 PM
AJ, i am talking a underdrived and tuned Mercury Marauder. Dont forget, at least ill make it to the end of the track without pulling the heads in my ford.