: Zymol vs Maguires

805forlife
05-14-04, 01:53 AM
I was wondering which wax you guys prefer on the escalade pearl color either zymol or maguires. I saw the post on the maguires and saw mixed reviews and was wondering what anyone could say about zymol. Please let me know.
Sean

CADDYBLACK99
05-14-04, 09:31 AM
Hi Sean,
I buy a lot of OTC waxes and have used Zymol and many of the Meguiars products. My experience is that the carnnuba waxes are soft and last 2 wks max. This is ok if you wax often. I think the synthetics bond better and last a lot longer. Recently I have become a Zaino fan. I own a black Concours so I am after the "mile-deep" shine. I have not tried the new turtle wax synth, or the new meguiars synth. The Zaino set me back a chunk, but I think after several layers I will achieve the shine i'm after. I hope this helps!
Paul

hcvone
05-14-04, 04:43 PM
As said above carnuaba waxes last a short time, if durabilty is not an issue the carnauba waxes are fine, synthetic waxes will last about 5 times longer than carnauba waxes. If you're asking which is better Meguiar's or Zymol I personally would use Meguiar's. :)

exceldetail
05-14-04, 06:21 PM
I agree with HC, and if you go with #20 or Medallion Paint protectant, your even better off !

RBraczyk
05-14-04, 11:43 PM
Mothers is the woman in my house.