: Iowa '92 Sedan de Ville

Suomi54
05-13-04, 11:57 PM
Bought my current '92 SDV the day after my divorce was final...my ex got my other '92...she traded it 6 months later for...get this...a '98 Metro.

My curent '92 has 159,000 miles on the 4.9, and it runs like a dream. I've put a water pump and front brakes in it, plus a trunk pull-down motor, but that's it. This '92 is white with the Gold Accent package, with a red leather interior. Only significant flaw in the car is a split in the RF armrest. I love the quick acceleration of the 4.9, and the smooth power band. Soon after I bought it I took out the Symphony Sound cassette stereo and had a Sony Xplod CD player put in. I left the factory speakers in, and the sound is terrific (especially with The Hollies' Long Cool Woman (In a Black Dress) or Steppenwolf's Straight Shootin' Woman playing).

Remember: "Cadillac: All Others Are Imitators." :coolgleam

tru504187211
05-14-04, 12:44 AM
Sounds like a beautiful Deville! Planning on posting any pics of it to the images section? Maybe she traded it for a Metro to spite you? I dunno, it would get me super p*ssed. Eitherway :welcome:

CADDYBLACK99
05-14-04, 08:15 AM
Welcome Suomi54!
Thanks for joining the forum! Good luck with the 92' SDV!
:welcome:
Paul

Suomi54
05-16-04, 11:53 PM
Not sure why the ex traded the big de Ville on a Metro, although she claimed she needed a more economical car.....got a letter from Chicago PD impound yard about 2 months after she traded it....apparently, someone got arrested for OWI in it, and it got impounded....Chicago PD notifies all owners of the vehicle since the MSO when a car gets impounded....the notice said there was something like a $1400 fee that had to be paid before the car could be released, because the impound involved an OWI charge.....soooooo, I'm guessing that '92 (silver, leather, excellent condition) probably went to a PD auction. I may get around to posting some pics of my current Cad eventually.....this is a nice forum