: Time for another Rental to go through its life..

Mark0101
01-26-08, 11:29 PM
Well My Town Car is in the body shop after an accident so this what they gave me.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KNHhKi0jRh4

First time editing so sorry if it might be corny (I know the music doesn't match the car)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KNHhKi0jRh4

gary88
01-27-08, 12:43 AM
Nice, but you could do better. Get creative!

caddycruiser
01-27-08, 01:47 AM
Sorry to be the kill joy...but what's with the fascination of trashing a rental car?

Maybe I just care too much, but I've never even had the thought of doing that. I'm using someone else's car, and it's being paid for, but there will be others after me...and then after that, someone also will buy it.

Oh well...interesting nonetheless. My last rental I never had a thought beyond keeping it detailed like my own vehicle, and driving it as if it were mine...but I'm probably the odd one out, on that.

Anything positive you can say about the Focus? I was actually thinking that was what I'd end up with while my Fleetwood was being repaired (a last gen, though), only to luckily get a Malibu...which started a whole chain of events in and of itself afterwards, all good.

Crown Vic Owner
01-27-08, 01:56 AM
if i get a rental, it is most likely from family.

Jesda
01-27-08, 02:48 AM
I treated my last rental like my own child.

It was a Cadillac. :)

Mark0101
01-27-08, 03:38 AM
Well I wouldn't know how to tell you how this car is since I have no Idea how a 13,000 dollar cars are build like.(I have never searched for one) What I like about the car is GAS MILEAGE!!!! which my cars seem to suck at. (giving about 23 MPG vs this 32 MPG) The car is good in the inside too as I can fit in the back seat without my legs being crushed. The car maybe small but it uses its space very well. Where the car seems to lack is the build quality. The doors seem too cheap and make weird noises when you are closing or opening the doors. It also needs alittle bit more power or maybe I am used to V8s

All I can tell you is that If I was looking for a new car, it wouldn't be a focus. Its just not a fun car to drive.

Spyder
01-27-08, 11:34 AM
I saw two big piles of something. You missed them.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-27-08, 01:20 PM
It kind of defeats the purpose of a lawnjob if you're giving it to yourself!

CadillacSTS42005
01-27-08, 01:21 PM
weak
when the STS was in the shop i got a HHR....
i went power sliding in gravel lot, spinning tire and locking the rears up with the ebrake on gravel roads, hitting road construction cones, a barrier, garbage cans, and oh yea i totaled a stroller that somebody put out for the trash
thats what happens when they loaner they give you has hail damage nobody will notice a few extra dents hahaha

Mark0101
01-27-08, 03:39 PM
I saw two big piles of something. You missed them.
Its Mulch. I don't wanna break something, I was actually kind of scared even spining in the dirt because I dont wanna flip the car over (seen videos on youtube)

STS2003, man you should have video taped that, would be fun to watch you skills

CadillacSTS42005
01-27-08, 03:49 PM
if my STS was still under warranty id take it in and get a rental to beat on lol
sadly its not anymore
grrr
mayb ill cash in some of my credit card pts for a rental one day hahaha

Albertan
01-27-08, 05:37 PM
Mark
That is the kind of thing the lot boy will do to your town car at the body shop!
Karma I guess!

JC316
01-27-08, 05:46 PM
Heh, I see that you are a member of markviii.org too Mark0101