: Modded V vs Modded cobra

A1beshouri
01-26-08, 10:49 PM
Hey guys, How do you think my car with the mods listed below would do against an 03 cobra with a smaller 2.8 inch pulley, exhaust, and chip? I know hes running more boost than stock with that pulley but how do u think Ill do? The race will probably be off a role because he has shitty tires and just spins off a dig

odla
01-30-08, 02:02 PM
you should take him

thebigjimsho
01-30-08, 03:53 PM
More like you would destroy him.

My stock V pulled on a stock '03 Cobra from 80 to 155 about 3 lengths. Poor guy didn't know what a V was...

A1beshouri
01-30-08, 07:18 PM
true but his pulley gives him quite a bit of extra boost, probably 16ish psi

Blackout
01-30-08, 08:44 PM
The Cobra would win and I got a good laugh outta a stock V putting 3 lengths on a Cobra. I dunno what kinda dream world you V owners live in but here's a bone stock 2003 Cobra on the dyno http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3Goodp43YA a guy on another car forum I am at has a 2003 Cobra with only CAI, a Magnaflow #15644 Cat-back and a Magnaflow #93335 X-Pipe and he dyno'd at 414.8 SAE RWHP & 384.3 SAE RWTQ. So doing a pulley swap and a tune on top of it he should be in the low to mid 500 hp range(depending on how good the tune is). I mean at the end of the day it comes down to the driver so he could be a really crappy driver for all we know. But I have a question for you. You seem to have performance as a top priority for your V so why did you decide to put 20" rims on there? Talk about a bad idea for performance applications

thebigjimsho
01-30-08, 08:54 PM
The Cobra would win and I got a good laugh outta a stock V putting 3 lengths on a Cobra. I dunno what kinda dream world you V owners live in but here's a bone stock 2003 Cobra on the dyno http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3Goodp43YA Obviously not in the world some kid who got his father's hand me downs and thinks he knows everything his father does in half the time. You don't.

I was driving down Rte 3 in Lowell, MA doing about 80mph. Coming off of I-495N was an '03 Cobra. He literally pulled up right next to me as he merged on to Rte 3. He started to accelerate to pull away and I matched him. Then he got off the gas and was looking over. We each goosed the throttle about 3 times and on the last try, we matched and went. Each of our shifts were quick. And by the time he hit his limiter, I was 3 lengths ahead.

We then STOPPED at the next exit and talked. He lives in my town. He was bone stock as was I. There is no guess work here. You can post whatever dyno you want to about whatever Cobra you can find. THIS Cobra could not keep up. You can insult us V owners and our world, but you're wrong. And if you're going to insinuate that we're lying or are stupid, you're going to get called out on it.

Now, you can either be a punk kid or respectfully disagree on these things. Make your choice.

Blackout
01-30-08, 09:24 PM
Obviously not in the world some kid who got his father's hand me downs and thinks he knows everything his father does in half the time. You don't.

I was driving down Rte 3 in Lowell, MA doing about 80mph. Coming off of I-495N was an '03 Cobra. He literally pulled up right next to me as he merged on to Rte 3. He started to accelerate to pull away and I matched him. Then he got off the gas and was looking over. We each goosed the throttle about 3 times and on the last try, we matched and went. Each of our shifts were quick. And by the time he hit his limiter, I was 3 lengths ahead.

We then STOPPED at the next exit and talked. He lives in my town. He was bone stock as was I. There is no guess work here. You can post whatever dyno you want to about whatever Cobra you can find. THIS Cobra could not keep up. You can insult us V owners and our world, but you're wrong. And if you're going to insinuate that we're lying or are stupid, you're going to get called out on it.

Now, you can either be a punk kid or respectfully disagree on these things. Make your choice.

wtf is your issue man? It seems that every time I post anything on here anymore your there to start something with me. The guy was most likely a so-so driver. The V with an LS2 has 10 more hp then a Cobra in stock trim but has 5 less tq and on top of it the V weighs damn near 200+ more lbs and thats in stock trim, god only know how much more those 20" wheels weigh over the stock rims.

CadillacSTS42005
01-30-08, 09:39 PM
why is it everytime you post its always bash GM and pro Ford...
if this was a Ford board and i came on saying my Cobra just slaughtered a V youd have no issue agreeing...

im neutral btw you two but i am bias toward the V...

Blackout
01-30-08, 09:52 PM
why is it everytime you post its always bash GM and pro Ford...
if this was a Ford board and i came on saying my Cobra just slaughtered a V youd have no issue agreeing...

im neutral btw you two but i am bias toward the V...

Well then why the hell does anybody bother posting any damn thing about anything other then Cadillac? This is the Cadillac versus section, believe it or not a Cadillac can be beaten in a race, I know this is some sorta weird concept for a lot of members on here to believe but yes it is true. The CTS-V is a great car but the Cobra is on a different level that are geared towards two totally different crowds. I doubt many people were cross shopping a luxury performance sedan or a bare bones performance coupe. lol the logic on this board just amazes me at times. zomg, how dare you say anything can beat a Cadillac! Your so anti-GM :cookoo:

The Tony Show
01-30-08, 10:25 PM
wtf is your issue man? It seems that every time I post anything on here anymore your there to start something with me. The guy was most likely a so-so driver. The V with an LS2 has 10 more hp then a Cobra in stock trim but has 5 less tq and on top of it the V weighs damn near 200+ more lbs and thats in stock trim, god only know how much more those 20" wheels weigh over the stock rims.

Dude, there's a whole lot more to acceleration than being a dyno queen. Just the gear ratios alone are more than enough to make up the weight difference between the two- check this out:

03 Cobra:

1st-2.66
2nd-1.78
3rd-1.30
4th-1.00
5th-0.80
6th-0.63
Final Drive

CTS-V:

1st-2.97:1
2nd-2.07:1
3rd-1.43:1
4th-1.00:1
5th-0.84:1
6th-0.56:1
Final Drive

Cars with huge dyno numbers get beat in the real world all the time. Gear ratios and unsprung weight alone can make a car with less peak horsepower and torque faster any day of the week.

CadillacSTS42005
01-30-08, 10:30 PM
Well then why the hell does anybody bother posting any damn thing about anything other then Cadillac? This is the Cadillac versus section, believe it or not a Cadillac can be beaten in a race, I know this is some sorta weird concept for a lot of members on here to believe but yes it is true. The CTS-V is a great car but the Cobra is on a different level that are geared towards two totally different crowds. I doubt many people were cross shopping a luxury performance sedan or a bare bones performance coupe. lol the logic on this board just amazes me at times. zomg, how dare you say anything can beat a Cadillac! Your so anti-GM :cookoo:

treason
blasphemy

:rofl:
your wound way too tight man

The Tony Show
01-30-08, 10:35 PM
More fun proof for you: C&D's test of a 2008 GT500.

500 hp (that's 100 more than a V) AND the same weight as a V- should kill it with no problem, right?

What surprised us, however, was the GT500’s loss in the acceleration runs. Its 100-hp advantage should have been enough to leave the Vette in a cloud of rubber dust. The GT500 also has a useful launch-control system that’s part of the standard traction control. To get a nearly perfect hole shot, all you have to do is rev the engine to 3200 rpm, dump the clutch, and floor it. The system automatically modulates engine power to make the driver look like Kenny Bernstein. With it, we hit 60 mph in 4.6 seconds.

Under full human control, we shaved 0.1 second from the 60-mph sprint, lowering it to 4.5 seconds. The quarter-mile required only 12.9 seconds at 112 mph, 150 mph came in 30.3 seconds, and an electronic tether limited top speed to 155 mph.

So much for the dyno queen. A Mustang with 100 more hp can only beat a CTS-V by .1 0-60 and .2 in the 1/4, and you think a Cobra with 10 less horsepower and only 5 more ft/lbs of torque couldn't get 3 lengths put on it by a V?

Blackout
01-30-08, 10:49 PM
Dude, there's a whole lot more to acceleration than being a dyno queen. Just the gear ratios alone are more than enough to make up the weight difference between the two- check this out:

03 Cobra:

1st-2.66
2nd-1.78
3rd-1.30
4th-1.00
5th-0.80
6th-0.63
Final Drive

CTS-V:

1st-2.97:1
2nd-2.07:1
3rd-1.43:1
4th-1.00:1
5th-0.84:1
6th-0.56:1
Final Drive

Cars with huge dyno numbers get beat in the real world all the time. Gear ratios and unsprung weight alone can make a car with less peak horsepower and torque faster any day of the week.

Ok so lets call it a drivers race then mmmkay? lets wait and see what the result is

CadillacSTS42005
01-30-08, 10:53 PM
ahh
so we took our chill pill
all is good in a clean debate

Blackout
01-30-08, 10:57 PM
More fun proof for you: C&D's test of a 2008 GT500.

500 hp (that's 100 more than a V) AND the same weight as a V- should kill it with no problem, right?

So much for the dyno queen. A Mustang with 100 more hp can only beat a CTS-V by .1 0-60 and .2 in the 1/4, and you think a Cobra with 10 less horsepower and only 5 more ft/lbs of torque couldn't get 3 lengths put on it by a V?

You're comparing a totally different car here, different engine, different power train, different every damn thing. As for magazine racing who cares C&D is a joke at best. Bone stock Terminators have gone into the high 12's bone stock, toss an extra 100 hp into the Terminator versus a stock CTS-V and it would be a massacre. Hell here's a stock CTS-V vs a 2003 Cobra with just some juice and it's running away from the V http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBRxIMY_7Ts

Blackout
01-30-08, 10:59 PM
treason
blasphemy

:rofl:
your wound way too tight man

It's probably because I am stressing up here at school. I have so much shit going on it's not even funny

dkozloski
01-30-08, 11:08 PM
You want an inflammatory Cobra story. I jumped a Cobra off the line at the stop light grad prix so far with my V8 AWD STS that he gave up and backed off. I did the same thing to some kid with an FJ1200 Yamaha. His jaw dropped so far he almost wrecked. If all you had to do to win was run around waving dyno numbers in the air there wouldn't be a NASCAR or SCCA. Hire them when they're young and still know everything.

thebigjimsho
01-30-08, 11:37 PM
As for magazine racing who cares C&D is a joke at best.How? They have more qualified drivers than anyone and they make sure their numbers are correct. They're anal to a fault. But because their numbers might not support your dreams, you just throw out dribble. Guys like Webster, Csere and Bedard have decades of racing experience. More time behind the wheel of a race car than you could ever muster hacking at Gran Turismo on the PlayStation...

thebigjimsho
01-30-08, 11:40 PM
Ok so lets call it a drivers race then mmmkay? lets wait and see what the result isI gave you a real world race. Maybe the guy I went up against isn't the best driver. But I heard his shifts and they were comparable to mine. Stock on stock. V won. Maybe I have a factory freak. Maybe he had a turd.

thebigjimsho
01-30-08, 11:44 PM
Well then why the hell does anybody bother posting any damn thing about anything other then Cadillac? This is the Cadillac versus section, believe it or not a Cadillac can be beaten in a race, I know this is some sorta weird concept for a lot of members on here to believe but yes it is true. The CTS-V is a great car but the Cobra is on a different level that are geared towards two totally different crowds. I doubt many people were cross shopping a luxury performance sedan or a bare bones performance coupe. lol the logic on this board just amazes me at times. zomg, how dare you say anything can beat a Cadillac! Your so anti-GM :cookoo:Yet, no one stopped me objecting that I was driving a sedan when I autocrossed with the Cobra group. None of them were upset or embarassed when my time bested some of theirs.

No one here thinks the V is the end all be all of performance. But it's fun to compare, even if it's apples to oranges. I'm sorry if you're offended by it...

The Tony Show
01-30-08, 11:47 PM
You're comparing a totally different car here, different engine, different power train, different every damn thing. As for magazine racing who cares C&D is a joke at best. Bone stock Terminators have gone into the high 12's bone stock, toss an extra 100 hp into the Terminator versus a stock CTS-V and it would be a massacre.

My point exactly- dyno numbers mean jack. And of course a sprayed Cobra runs away from a V. I could put low compression pistons and a 200 shot on a Miata and run away from just about anything from a roll.

Blackout
01-31-08, 12:01 AM
How? They have more qualified drivers than anyone and they make sure their numbers are correct. They're anal to a fault.http://www.dpccars.com/car-movies/11-06-06page-Fast-cars-for-low-money.htm
They caught so much flack from it that you can't even find it on their website anymore. lol a shoot out called cheap speed and the fastest car placed 3rd out of 5 and the slowest most expensive car in the bunch places 1st lol.We have been making fun of the RSX ever since then proclaiming it the car with the fastest interior. But if their drivers are so qualified then how did they only manage to get a 15.6 out of a Spec V and I got a 15.196? I guess I should be a test driver! But seriously C&D blows the big one

Ak Jim
01-31-08, 02:23 AM
I have an 05 V with Corsa and UUC flywheel and shifter. The only run in I have really had was with an 03 Cobra. I was going on a two lane road that leads to a 4 lane diveded limited access road. The guys in the Cobra did a u turn and followed me out on the 4 lane. We did 3 runs starting a various speeds. Below about 95mph the Cobra was slightly faster (my front bumper even with his back). From 95-105 it was equall. Above 105 the V was faster and the faster we went the more I pulled on him. Others have talked about the "magic" of our 4th gear and that is is exactely what I saw. We pulled over and talked for couple of minutes the 2 kids in the Cobra could not believe the top end on the V. The funny thing is, the passenger in the Cobra I had talked to about a week earlier in the auto hobby shop. I had taken the V in to change the oil after our trip up the ALCAN. He also had an 03 Cobra and took some pics of my car.

Ak Jim
01-31-08, 02:25 AM
PS. my wife was with me and I used up a shit load of husband brownie points, but it was totally worth it :highfive:.

thebigjimsho
01-31-08, 01:57 PM
http://www.dpccars.com/car-movies/11-06-06page-Fast-cars-for-low-money.htm
They caught so much flack from it that you can't even find it on their website anymore. lol a shoot out called cheap speed and the fastest car placed 3rd out of 5 and the slowest most expensive car in the bunch places 1st lol.We have been making fun of the RSX ever since then proclaiming it the car with the fastest interior. But if their drivers are so qualified then how did they only manage to get a 15.6 out of a Spec V and I got a 15.196? I guess I should be a test driver! But seriously C&D blows the big oneYou're the one trumping how these Cobras can put up incredible numbers. But if you're going to tell me there is no such thing as factory freaks or turds and that all cars are alike, then you really are clueless. Did you get that 15.196 in the same Spec V? Did you get it at the same track? On the same day? Did it have as few miles and was as green? .4 sec in the 1/4 is EASILY accountable in the variables.

You are an internet bench racer. I give real results. Again, you look silly.

The Tony Show
01-31-08, 03:26 PM
But Jim, if the 1/4 mile calculator on mycaristotallyfasterthanyoursnewb.com says it, it must be true!

Blackout
01-31-08, 03:40 PM
You're the one trumping how these Cobras can put up incredible numbers. But if you're going to tell me there is no such thing as factory freaks or turds and that all cars are alike, then you really are clueless. Did you get that 15.196 in the same Spec V? Did you get it at the same track? On the same day? Did it have as few miles and was as green? .4 sec in the 1/4 is EASILY accountable in the variables.

You are an internet bench racer. I give real results. Again, you look silly.

So because you post a story that means that it is fact and that it's a "real" result? I beat a 2003 Cobra in Katshot's Aviator at Atco Raceway, so I guess that's a "real" result. Nevermind the fact that the car blew his tranny but a win is a win right? As for my Spec V I did all the runs at Atco Raceway as well. I used to go there every tuesday and thursday night damn near with my friends and we would run our cars all night long. My car was bone stock down to the paper air filter and I ran anywhere from 15.7-15.1. The biggest pain in the butt was getting the launch right. Rev it too much and the car was hopping all over the place, launch it too low and it bogged. It could have gone 14.9-15.0 but the gearing was just a tad too short. Just as you were getting to the 1/4 mile mark you would have to shift into 4th and that ruined it. If 3rd gear was a tad bit taller that would have made a big difference. Hell according to the magazines Mark VIII's are good for 15.4 or so in the 1/4 but I ran a 14.921 with a slipping tranny and a bad MLPS sensor. Magazine times give you a ballpark figure as to what a car will do. With all the cars I have ever brought to the track and my results I've shaved .5 off of damn near every vehicle I have ran off of the magazine times. As for the Cobra's they can put up amazing numbers. The stock motor on a Cobra can put out about 800 hp before you have to start upgrading parts. As for factory freaks and turds, thats a given. I met up with a local car club last year and we went to Englishtown to do some racing. I went up with my friend Chuck in his 2003 Evo and there was another guy there with the same Evo (color and all) that couldn't break into the 13's. Both cars were stock but Chucks had a couple of hundred more miles on his Evo. Chuck ran his an he ran a 13.2 then he ran the other kids Evo and he could only get a 14.0.

RunningOnEMT
01-31-08, 03:53 PM
oh get off your horse man ... you're just digging a hole... go over to svtforums if you want to argue with a group that is going to take your side.

here its a longshot, realize the crowd you're preaching to and take it with a grain of salt

wind down that clock spring a little

Blackout
01-31-08, 04:31 PM
oh get off your horse man ... you're just digging a hole... go over to svtforums if you want to argue with a group that is going to take your side.lol this place never ceases to amaze me

here its a longshot, realize the crowd you're preaching to and take it with a grain of salt

wind down that clock spring a little

Cadillac Versus... Discuss comparisons between Cadillac and its competitors.

I am discussing the competitor here and because I am i get flamed and then have personal insults thrown at me by jim and I am the "bad guy" here. I am on about 15 different car forums and I've never seen the hostility on any other forum that I see on here

RunningOnEMT
01-31-08, 04:51 PM
i'm on about as many forums and its the same everywhere... EVERYWHERE you're preaching to the choir man ...

you're not the bad guy at all you just seem to be the one most wound up ... so i addressed you, the other guys, they're normally like that it keeps their bodies running, if their bloodpressure wasnt that high on a normal basis they'd just shrivel up

CALM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :chill:

urbanski
01-31-08, 04:55 PM
personal insults thrown at me by jim

where?
all i see is him calling you "silly" which your arguing is. how is that a personal insult. thicken your skin.

The Tony Show
01-31-08, 05:01 PM
What do you expect? Try going on Viperchat and posting up that your C6 is faster than a Viper and watch what happens. Wear a Carolina jersey to a Bucs game and see what happens.

This forum might be set up to talk versus, but a) Cadillac is home team here, and b) your attitude sucks, you're cantankerous and thumping your own chest about what a great driver you are. Get off the Internet and go get a job as a pro race driver if you're that good, and don't stick your head in the hornet's nest if you're not ready to get stung. I've pointed out how gear ratios and unsprung weight make just as much difference as peak hp, and you're still complaining about how people are treating you. If you're going to throw out statements like you have, be prepared to refute what we have to say or you end up looking like a joke.

Maybe you'd get better results if all your posts were on topic and not so snide and condescending toward the people debating you.

Blackout
01-31-08, 05:08 PM
where?
all i see is him calling you "silly" which your arguing is. how is that a personal insult. thicken your skin.thicken my skin? lol didn't you ban me for 2 days because of a smiley? Believe me when it comes to forums this is by far the most tame of forums I am on. A lot of the people wouldn't last a day on some of the forums I am on lol. But this was what pissed me off about jim

Obviously not in the world some kid who got his father's hand me downs and thinks he knows everything his father does in half the time. You don't.
were talking about a modded CTS-V vs. a modded Cobra. i put in my .02 and then he comes back with that.

The Tony Show
01-31-08, 05:11 PM
When did everybody on the Internet become crybabies? You could call me a bald, fat, pimply, homo ass bandit and I couldn't care less. What annoys me is the assumed superiority and ignoring of legitimate counterpoints.

Any thoughts on the unsprung weight and gear ratios vs. peak hp idea?

Blackout
01-31-08, 05:23 PM
What do you expect? Try going on Viperchat and posting up that your C6 is faster than a Viper and watch what happens. Wear a Carolina jersey to a Bucs game and see what happens.If thats the case then we should just shut down this section of the forum. This is a section to talk about how a Cadillac will do against another car. Like i said before the Cadillac will not always win. I've said lets wait an see what the outcome is from the OP but since we haven't heard back from him I guess he hasn't done the race yet. So everything to this point is speculation. I even said that we should just call it a drivers race but even that wasn't good enough. I'm sure if I said from my first post that the CTS-V would put bus lengths on the Cobra this thread would still be on page 1 not page 4. I've tried defending my position as well as you guys have tried defending yours.

This forum might be set up to talk versus, but a) Cadillac is home team here,I know that, but at the same time there are vehicles that will hand a Cadillac it's butt on a silver platter. Whenever I bring up this fact I get flamed. I'm a lover of all cars, I could careless who makes it, I'm on top of current cars and what they have to offer and what they can do more so then most but not all. Hell Katshot e-mails me every once in awhile asking me for info about cars because he doesn't know and vice versa. He knows A LOT more on the technical side of cars then I could ever know, while I know more about cars in other areas.

and b) your attitude sucks, you're cantankerous and thumping your own chest about what a great driver you are.Well in the words of jim, "these are real world results". Is it my fault that I've gotten better times then the magazines have? No. I would hope and pray that you would know that owners of cars get better times then magazine drivers get. Are you going to argue that having more seat time is beneficial for getting better times then someone from a magazine that tests a car for a couple of hours?

I've pointed out how gear ratios and unsprung weight make just as much difference as peak hp, and you're still complaining about how people are treating you. If you're going to throw out statements like you have, be prepared to refute what we have to say or you end up looking like a joke.I have been refute but all I get in return is comments like yours about website calculators.

Maybe you'd get better results if all your posts were on topic and not so snide and condescending toward the people debating you.ok then

RunningOnEMT
01-31-08, 05:23 PM
When did everybody on the Internet become crybabies? You could call me a bald, fat, pimply, homo ass bandit and I couldn't care less. What annoys me is the assumed superiority and ignoring of legitimate counterpoints.

Any thoughts on the unsprung weight and gear ratios vs. peak hp idea?

i called you two of those less than an hour ago....

A1beshouri
01-31-08, 05:26 PM
dam my thread blew up on me, but anyway we had a race and I pulled on him steadily from a 60 roll. Third gear we were relatively even then I hit fourth and it was over. And someone mentioned the tune on his car...the car has a superchip so its a very mediocre tune.

Blackout
01-31-08, 05:29 PM

Any thoughts on the unsprung weight and gear ratios vs. peak hp idea?gear ratios play a part in a lot of things. Every test I have read so far with the Cobra and the CTS-V shows that the Cobra is faster in every acceleration test. The CTS-V has a 3.73 rear while the Cobra has a 3.55 so with that being said why is the CTS-V slower? You brought up unsprung weight, well who knows. I have no idea as to how much a CTS-V rims weigh vs a Cobra's rims. If you know then that would be a nice little tidbit of info that I'd like to know. A C6 Vette has the same LS2 in it as a CTS-V and the Vette weighs less then the CTS-V but stock for stock a Cobra and C6 Vette would be a drivers race.

RunningOnEMT
01-31-08, 05:29 PM
If thats the case then we should just shut down this section of the forum. This is a section to talk about how a Cadillac will do against another car. Like i said before the Cadillac will not always win. I've said lets wait an see what the outcome is from the OP but since we haven't heard back from him I guess he hasn't done the race yet. So everything to this point is speculation. I even said that we should just call it a drivers race but even that wasn't good enough. I'm sure if I said from my first post that the CTS-V would put bus lengths on the Cobra this thread would still be on page 1 not page 4. I've tried defending my position as well as you guys have tried defending yours.

I know that, but at the same time there are vehicles that will hand a Cadillac it's butt on a silver platter. Whenever I bring up this fact I get flamed. I'm a lover of all cars, I could careless who makes it, I'm on top of current cars and what they have to offer and what they can do more so then most but not all. Hell Katshot e-mails me every once in awhile asking me for info about cars because he doesn't know and vice versa. He knows A LOT more on the technical side of cars then I could ever know, while I know more about cars in other areas.
Well in the words of jim, "these are real world results". Is it my fault that I've gotten better times then the magazines have? No. I would hope and pray that you would know that owners of cars get better times then magazine drivers get. Are you going to argue that having more seat time is beneficial for getting better times then someone from a magazine that tests a car for a couple of hours?
I have been refute but all I get in return is comments like yours about website calculators.

ok then

I owned a mustang, a blown 4.6 in fact... i know what its like.

Honestly the LS6 has a higher power band ... it is completely possible that even a modded cobra would have trouble top end with a V...

You're right until about 105 in 4th it would be a drivers race...but after that its advantage V, the eaton blower on the cobra turns into a giant heat cannon after about 14 psi of boost. The cobra plain falls on its face after about 95mph in an extended run especially if you're on the road and you're already at temp.

Also tony brings up a good point with the unsprung weight thing. Surprisingly the V wheels are pretty F'ing light, the cobra wheels are boat anchors, especially some of the monster fatty rear wheels they like putting on the terminators, you know the ones i'm talking about the ones where yo uahve to shave the IRS bolts to fit.

The SN95 mustangs are fatties what 3680 wet? the CTS V is waht 3800 +- 25?

with the heat beingpumped into the motor by the top end of that 60-155 race and the extra grunt to turn the blower thats on the verge of seizing, and the monster heavy wheels. The cobra loses its edge.

Sure at the drag strip the terminators will absolutely wipe the floor with the V but on a road course or doing the "ricer run" on the highway the V has the upper hand. Technically and aesthetically.

and what tony

Blackout
01-31-08, 05:31 PM
dam my thread blew up on me, but anyway we had a race and I pulled on him steadily from a 60 roll. Third gear we were relatively even then I hit fourth and it was over. And someone mentioned the tune on his car...the car has a superchip so its a very mediocre tune.

eek about the Superchip. He should bring it over to a dyno and get it dyno tuned. But good kill man. Have you brought your car to the strip yet? If so what kinda 1/4 did you run?

A1beshouri
01-31-08, 05:35 PM
yea had it had a proper tune the race may have been different, no honestly ive never brought it to the strip out of fear that my diff will go boom on me like so many other Vs...somehow ive managed to keep mine from leaking or breaking so far and i really dont want to jinx that

Blackout
01-31-08, 05:42 PM
yea had it had a proper tune the race may have been different, no honestly ive never brought it to the strip out of fear that my diff will go boom on me like so many other Vs...somehow ive managed to keep mine from leaking or breaking so far and i really dont want to jinx that

That's my biggest issue with the V's is that diff. I'd be kinda pissed dumping $40k+ for a luxury performance car but be in fear of racing it because the diff might blow up. But in the race what speed did you guys go from and what did you guys race up too?

RunningOnEMT
01-31-08, 05:44 PM
That's my biggest issue with the V's is that diff. I'd be kinda pissed dumping $40k+ for a luxury performance car but be in fear of DRAGracing it because the diff might blow up. But in the race what speed did you guys go from and what did you guys race up too?

its not a drag racer.... the diffs let loose when you dump the clutch at high engine RPM, i really ahvnt heard of a V letting loose on the road course

just a pet peeve of mine, its a heavy 4dr sedan, doesnt really belong on a drag strip without realizing youre GOING TO HURT THE DAMNED REAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:stirpot:

A1beshouri
01-31-08, 05:49 PM
That's my biggest issue with the V's is that diff. I'd be kinda pissed dumping $40k+ for a luxury performance car but be in fear of racing it because the diff might blow up. But in the race what speed did you guys go from and what did you guys race up too?

we went from 60 to about 135

and yea ur right its not a drag racer but at the same time the diff is so shitty people who dont even drive it hard are on their 3rd or 4th

Blackout
01-31-08, 05:57 PM
its not a drag racer.... the diffs let loose when you dump the clutch at high engine RPM, i really ahvnt heard of a V letting loose on the road course

just a pet peeve of mine, its a heavy 4dr sedan, doesnt really belong on a drag strip without realizing youre GOING TO HURT THE DAMNED REAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:stirpot:
:gg: do us older Cadillac guys have to show you newer Cadillac guys how's it done? lol

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b114/FastSpecV/Trackpic1.jpg

RunningOnEMT
01-31-08, 05:59 PM
:gg: do us older Cadillac guys have to show you newer Cadillac guys how's it done? lol

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b114/FastSpecV/Trackpic1.jpg

watch who you're mouthin off to sonny... rofl

yeah yeah yeah ... ok its an LT1 brougham... i get the point

lighten up, i've posted here backed up my points and never once gotten defensive or grouchy ....

Blackout
01-31-08, 06:02 PM
watch who you're mouthin off to sonny... rofl

yeah yeah yeah ... ok its an LT1 brougham... i get the point

lighten up, i've posted here backed up my points and never once gotten defensive or grouchy ....

I'm just busting your balls. Besides on a road course a V would be about 5 laps ahead by the time that thing finished a lap and then by the end of the first lap I'd be pulling into the pits because I'd have no brakes left

The Tony Show
01-31-08, 06:04 PM
Stkshkr has hundreds of drag passes on his maggied V and was on his original diff. It's at EPP getting a Procharger now, so he upgraded to Doug's rear cradle before that, but it would seem that the stock diff can handle drag launches, just not abusive ones.

Blackout
01-31-08, 06:26 PM
Stkshkr has hundreds of drag passes on his maggied V and was on his original diff. It's at EPP getting a Procharger now, so he upgraded to Doug's rear cradle before that, but it would seem that the stock diff can handle drag launches, just not abusive ones.

Remember that talk about factory freaks? ;)

urbanski
01-31-08, 06:35 PM
thicken my skin? lol didn't you ban me for 2 days because of a smiley? Believe me when it comes to forums this is by far the most tame of forums I am on. A lot of the people wouldn't last a day on some of the forums I am on lol. But this was what pissed me off about jim

were talking about a modded CTS-V vs. a modded Cobra. i put in my .02 and then he comes back with that.

nobody here thinks you have anywhere NEAR the amount of car knowledge your dad does, dont kid yourself. i dont see it as a personal insult, just a fact.

Blackout
01-31-08, 06:46 PM
nobody here thinks you have anywhere NEAR the amount of car knowledge your dad does, dont kid yourself. i dont see it as a personal insult, just a fact.

ok then?

thebigjimsho
01-31-08, 07:57 PM
Well, that's boring. Why did this thread have to go civil?

As for having respect for all good cars, remember the last 3 letters of my screenname. I have always been a GM guy, moreso Chevy. But certain Fords, like the SHO and Escort LXe, I certainly like and respect. Because I stated the V would win this race doesn't mean I don't like Cobras. Far from it.

Blackout
01-31-08, 08:14 PM
What kind of SHO did you have?

A1beshouri
01-31-08, 08:54 PM
i have a great respect for cobras, a gt500 is actually probably going to be my next car....by the way blackout you asked why i would put my rims on a performance upgraded car.....thats cuz down here in florida im a young guy and girls dont care about my 0 to 60

Blackout
01-31-08, 08:57 PM
i have a great respect for cobras, a gt500 is actually probably going to be my next car....by the way blackout you asked why i would put my rims on a performance upgraded car.....thats cuz down here in florida im a young guy and girls dont care about my 0 to 60

lol, well I guess there are priorities:eyebrow:

A1beshouri
01-31-08, 09:02 PM
yea going back though i DEFENATELY would have gone with 18s or 19s max though but these things are expensive so they aint goin nowere

Blackout
01-31-08, 09:18 PM
yea going back though i DEFENATELY would have gone with 18s or 19s max though but these things are expensive so they aint goin nowere

That's the only issue with those 20" rims. There isn't much cheap about them, especially when it comes to tires. It's been awhile since I worked at Just Tires and we had a guy come in with a Harley Davidson Edition F-150 and he wanted new tires and at the time the cheapest we could get per tire was $700. So just for s & g's what did you pay for the tires on yours?

CadillacSTS42005
02-01-08, 12:30 PM
i predict this thread getting :lock: very soon

RunningOnEMT
02-01-08, 12:31 PM

who's his dad and why do we care?

RunningOnEMT
02-01-08, 12:32 PM
That's the only issue with those 20" rims. There isn't much cheap about them, especially when it comes to tires. It's been awhile since I worked at Just Tires and we had a guy come in with a Harley Davidson Edition F-150 and he wanted new tires and at the time the cheapest we could get per tire was $700. So just for s & g's what did you pay for the tires on yours?

and thats some flaming bags of dog poo....

i had a 2000 Lightning F150 with 20" boyd coddington smoothie 2's and i got Nitto 555's for 235 apiece

Blackout
02-01-08, 12:47 PM
and thats some flaming bags of dog poo....

i had a 2000 Lightning F150 with 20" boyd coddington smoothie 2's and i got Nitto 555's for 235 apiece
Just Tires deals with only select companies. And the cheapest they had with their vendors was $700 a pop which was ridiculous. I looked at the guy and I told him that these were the only tires we could get and showed him the price and he laughed and was like, "I guess doing those burnouts wasn't the smartest idea after all" but the guy was cool and he was showing me his truck. It was the exact color combo that I want to get, the silver on the bottom and the blue up on top. Sooooooo sexy

Blackout
02-01-08, 12:47 PM
who's his dad and why do we care?

Katshot is my dad

RunningOnEMT
02-01-08, 12:49 PM
Just Tires deals with only select companies. And the cheapest they had with their vendors was $700 a pop which was ridiculous. I looked at the guy and I told him that these were the only tires we could get and showed him the price and he laughed and was like, "I guess doing those burnouts wasn't the smartest idea after all" but the guy was cool and he was showing me his truck. It was the exact color combo that I want to get, the silver on the bottom and the blue up on top. Sooooooo sexy

silver and blue?

you mean the anni 2 tones? they're silver on the bottom, with the harley stripe then black on top....

RunningOnEMT
02-01-08, 12:53 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/9a/Choco_chip_cookie.jpg

Katshot is my dad

Blackout
02-01-08, 01:11 PM
silver and blue?

you mean the anni 2 tones? they're silver on the bottom, with the harley stripe then black on top....

http://images.motortrend.com/features/scenes/112_0212_9z_Behind_the_Scenes_2003_Truck_Of_The_Ye ar+2003_Ford_F150_Harley_Davidson_Edition+Front_Gr ill_View.jpg

RunningOnEMT
02-01-08, 01:13 PM
thast black dingleberry... trust me

Blackout
02-01-08, 01:13 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/9a/Choco_chip_cookie.jpg

I can haz cookie?

RunningOnEMT
02-01-08, 01:14 PM
hot f'in damn, you're no fun to argue with anymore, your balls are all mushy....

put up a fight

Blackout
02-01-08, 01:14 PM
thast black dingleberry... trust me

They also had a dark metallic blue color as well.

Blackout
02-01-08, 01:16 PM
hot f'in damn, you're no fun to argue with anymore, your balls are all mushy....

put up a fight

Ehhhh....not in the mood today:p I'm in a good mood since all my classes were cancelled today due to the crappy weather were having up here

RunningOnEMT
02-01-08, 01:17 PM

IIIIINCORRECT SIR, they never came in true blue...

they had a blue flames package that the stickers on the side would be blue flames but the anniversary editions were black and silver...period

NOT ON MY WATCH
02-01-08, 01:17 PM

Are you referring to your balls or the truck?

RunningOnEMT
02-01-08, 01:19 PM
All this and looks too
The looks of the 2003 Ford Harley-DavidsonTM F-150 SuperCrew recall the truck?s strong heritage by incorporating styling cues of the past with an innovative flair. It continues to be available in black, but for 2003 also offers an optional two-tone paint option of black over silver with a high cutline.

reference http://www.ford-trucks.com/specs/2003/2003_harley_f150.html

Blackout
02-01-08, 01:21 PM
All this and looks too
The looks of the 2003 Ford Harley-DavidsonTM F-150 SuperCrew recall the truck?s strong heritage by incorporating styling cues of the past with an innovative flair. It continues to be available in black, but for 2003 also offers an optional two-tone paint option of black over silver with a high cutline.

reference http://www.ford-trucks.com/specs/2003/2003_harley_f150.html

That's weird. I guess he might have gotten a custom paint job done because this guys was a dark metallic blue color and it was sweet looking.

Blackout
02-01-08, 01:21 PM
Are you referring to your balls or the truck?
I can't tell, can you remove your mouth from them so I can see?

RunningOnEMT
02-01-08, 01:23 PM
That's weird. I guess he might have gotten a custom paint job done because this guys was a dark metallic blue color and it was sweet looking.

edon't argue 5.4LSC trucks with me ... i lived breathed and ate Lightning/Harley trucks for 3 years

Blackout
02-01-08, 01:27 PM
edon't argue 5.4LSC trucks with me ... i lived breathed and ate Lightning/Harley trucks for 3 years
I loved the 1st gen Harley Edition so damn much! I'd still love to get a hold of one of them but they're kinda hard to find around this area. But whats your opinion on the other HD editions? And now that I know, I won't argue with you about them oh holy one :worship: lol

NOT ON MY WATCH
02-01-08, 02:16 PM
I can't tell, can you remove your mouth from them so I can see?

Sorry to disappoint you, but I don't eat popcorn shrimp.

Blackout
02-01-08, 02:22 PM
Sorry to disappoint you, but I don't eat popcorn shrimp.

Judges......
http://www.fws.gov/duckstamps/Info/EventGallery/Junior/images/04Contest/04JrContestScoreCards.jpg

thebigjimsho
02-01-08, 05:28 PM
What kind of SHO did you have?You don't remember some early arguments we had with a few members here on the awesomeness of the SHO? Anyway, to refresh your memory, I had a silver on black '92. Bought in December of '93, sold in November of '03. Had every possible suspension mod, including Konis, Eibachs, front and rear STB, subframe connectors, 19mm front bar w/ 26mm rear bar, H brace for the IRS, delrin subframe and swaybar bushings and I went through wheels every couple years. But I did have Motoring Exponents 16X7.5" wheels and BF Goodrich R1s for the track and autocross. Add TCE Wilwood 13" SHOstoppers. As for power, I was pretty basic with custom catback, Y pipe w/out cats, SHOShop chip, CAI and ProM 75mm MAF. Then I got serious with a 3.2 block and Powerdyne SC.

Then I sold it. And got the V. Loved the SHO. Love the V. And the V is easier to live with relatively unmodded...

Blackout
02-01-08, 05:41 PM
You don't remember some early arguments we had with a few members here on the awesomeness of the SHO? Anyway, to refresh your memory, I had a silver on black '92. Bought in December of '93, sold in November of '03. Had every possible suspension mod, including Konis, Eibachs, front and rear STB, subframe connectors, 19mm front bar w/ 26mm rear bar, H brace for the IRS, delrin subframe and swaybar bushings and I went through wheels every couple years. But I did have Motoring Exponents 16X7.5" wheels and BF Goodrich R1s for the track and autocross. Add TCE Wilwood 13" SHOstoppers. As for power, I was pretty basic with custom catback, Y pipe w/out cats, SHOShop chip, CAI and ProM 75mm MAF. Then I got serious with a 3.2 block and Powerdyne SC.

Then I sold it. And got the V. Loved the SHO. Love the V. And the V is easier to live with relatively unmodded...

I remember the arguments but for the life of me I couldn't remember as to what kind you had. I was thinking it was a 2nd gen but i wasn't 100% sure. But 1992 was the last real year for the SHO imo just due to the fact that it was the last year of it coming in a manual only. But I miss my SHO so much, I just wish I had more money at the time to keep up with the repairs on it. But I would have loved to have done a 3.2 engine swap. But there was nothing like hearing those secondaries opening up at WOT and then looking over as you go flying by the guy your racing and him wondering, "A friggin Taurus!?" lol

thebigjimsho
02-01-08, 06:59 PM
I remember the arguments but for the life of me I couldn't remember as to what kind you had. I was thinking it was a 2nd gen but i wasn't 100% sure. But 1992 was the last real year for the SHO imo just due to the fact that it was the last year of it coming in a manual only. But I miss my SHO so much, I just wish I had more money at the time to keep up with the repairs on it. But I would have loved to have done a 3.2 engine swap. But there was nothing like hearing those secondaries opening up at WOT and then looking over as you go flying by the guy your racing and him wondering, "A friggin Taurus!?" lol:true:

The Tony Show
02-02-08, 10:19 AM
I remember the arguments but for the life of me I couldn't remember as to what kind you had. I was thinking it was a 2nd gen but i wasn't 100% sure. But 1992 was the last real year for the SHO imo just due to the fact that it was the last year of it coming in a manual only. But I miss my SHO so much, I just wish I had more money at the time to keep up with the repairs on it. But I would have loved to have done a 3.2 engine swap. But there was nothing like hearing those secondaries opening up at WOT and then looking over as you go flying by the guy your racing and him wondering, "A friggin Taurus!?" lol

Sort of like the "A friggin' Cadillac!?" look that I got from a C5 driver the other day. :D

urbanski
02-02-08, 10:42 AM
i predict this thread getting :lock: very soon

S T O P modding

urbanski
02-02-08, 10:43 AM

put up a fight

no fighting

Blackout
02-02-08, 02:09 PM
Sort of like the "A friggin' Cadillac!?" look that I got from a C5 driver the other day. :D
i know what you mean. But you have a CTS-V, imagine the looks of horror when a 1995 Fleetwood Brougham dusts them. Now thats a look I love getting! lol

Destroyer
02-03-08, 12:23 AM

Any thoughts on the unsprung weight and gear ratios vs. peak hp idea?bald, fat, pimply, homo ass bandit :D

Destroyer
02-03-08, 12:37 AM
That's my biggest issue with the V's is that diff. I'd be kinda pissed dumping $40k+ for a luxury performance car but be in fear of racing it because the diff might blow up. But in the race what speed did you guys go from and what did you guys race up too?I've seen the differential blow up first hand out in Brandenton on a CTS V. For the life of me I cant remember what kind of CTS V it was but it was a tuner much like Saleen that does up the CTS V. This think had like 600hp and everyone was anxiously waiting to see this car go including me. He blew out the rear right at the start, sucked.

Anyway Blackout. My buddy has a supercharged '04 Mach 1 that runs mid 11's. He belongs to local SVT clubs and I used to tag along with him when they had events at the 1/4 mile tracks and so forth before I myself had a Cobra ('99 w/'04 Mach motor). I'll tell ya its a real hit or miss with the '03-'04 Cobras. Some run great some run terrible. I've been in my friends Mach many times (before he had the Vortech) and he would beat Cobra's. Not ALL Cobras but quite a few. I know he beat 'em cause they were his friends and fellow club members. My friend knows how to drive and the others all know it but he was getting better trap speeds in many cases vs supercharged Cobras!. He left them scratching their heads. He had pulleys and all the basic bolt ons plus exhaust but they had bolt ons too. Anway its very concievable to me that a CTS V with a good driver can beat a stock '03 -'04 Cobra.:suspect:

The Tony Show
02-03-08, 01:32 AM
i know what you mean. But you have a CTS-V, imagine the looks of horror when a 1995 Fleetwood Brougham dusts them. Now thats a look I love getting! lol

That would be pretty damn funny.

bald, fat, pimply, homo ass bandit :D

Thank you. At least someone took the opportunity. :lol: