: I'm pretty sure I saw my old car the other day.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-26-08, 04:49 PM
I was sitting in the parking lot of the McDonalds near work, and I see this beige '91-93 Sedan deVille slowing for the stoplight....same wheels, same monotone paint scheme as mine. In the 2.5 years I had mine, I never saw one exactly like it, so odds are, this was my car, but I'm not positive, because I didn't read the licence plates or see the "CADILLACOWNERS.COM" sticker in the rear window. It's been over 4 months since I've seen it, and I sorta missed it when I saw it...

I'd really like to drive another 4.9L Cadillac again, just to go down memory lane. Oh, and I also found out that it was built on April 1 1992....April fools day, and two weeks before my 5th birthday!

gdwriter
01-26-08, 05:38 PM
I was sitting in the parking lot of the McDonalds near work, and I see this beige '91-93 Sedan deVille slowing for the stoplight....same wheels, same monotone paint scheme as mine. In the 2.5 years I had mine, I never saw one exactly like it, so odds are, this was my car, but I'm not positive, because I didn't read the licence plates or see the "CADILLACOWNERS.COM" sticker in the rear window. It's been over 4 months since I've seen it, and I sorta missed it when I saw it...Funny, but I still see quite a few early 90s DeVilles around here, especially considering they're 15-18 years old now. Maybe I never noticed until I owned one. I even saw Cruella's twin one time in Salem; same exact color even and in nice shape. The driver and I exchanged waves as he got into the left turn lane.

I've only seen two of my former cars. I saw my '74 Celica in a mall parking lot a few months after I traded it, and it was still pretty clean. I saw my '91 Corsica on a freeway in Phoenix five years later (recognized the license plate number). The paint looked like hell (it was still nice and shiny when I traded it), but it was still running.

blue07cts
01-26-08, 05:40 PM
i know how ya feel. i saw my first car the other day and man.....i didn't realize how much i missed it untill i saw it.....

Jesda
01-26-08, 06:36 PM
Yeah, that Deville of yours was a damn fine car. Great place to take a nap too.

77CDV
01-26-08, 07:24 PM
Ah, sweet memories.... And the car's not been gone even a year. Told you you'd miss her when she was gone.

JC316
01-26-08, 07:44 PM
Heh, my old 95 SLS went to auction after it was abondend on the side of I635. Ironic that I passed it one day and thought, hey, that looks like my old seville. The owner never transfered the title, so they sent me the notice that I could retrive it out of the pound for a few hundred bucks, but I didn't want it.

DopeStar 156
01-27-08, 05:12 AM
I had a dream the other night about my '89 Lincoln Mark VII......... *Sigh* I miss that car......

Wheelman322
01-27-08, 06:07 AM
I had a dream the other night about my '89 Lincoln Mark VII......... *Sigh* I miss that car......

I think about my first few cars alot. I've even tried to track them down via car fax and some dmv hooks of mine....No luck. Every car I owned prior to 2000 is junked or totalled. My first car as a licensed driver was an 88 Mark VII LSC that my mother had bought new. I traded it for an 85 FWB in 97 and used to see it around. Car fax confirmed it was junked in 2002 with 157,000 miles....I would have bought it back regardless of condition. The car I think about the most was the car I drove unlicensed for 6 years....My grandmothers 79 SDV...My uncle gave it to her on 5/21/89, exactly 10 years from the day he bought it...I was 9 years old. That car is primarily responsible for my Cadillac addiction.