: Certifying a Used Cadillac from Non GM Dealer?

malatu
01-25-08, 08:50 PM
This may be a dumb question but here goes ...... If one were to purchase a used Cadillac still under warranty from a non GM dealer, can it be taken to a Cadillac dealer to be "certified" and a six year 100,000 mile warranty be purchased.

hueterm
01-26-08, 09:21 PM
It would probably just be easier to get the GMPP Major Guard.

Playdrv4me
01-30-08, 07:53 PM
All certification is, is the dealer giving the car a basic safety and roadworthiness inspection, then paying a preset amount for an extended warranty.

As mentioned above, buying a GMPP is the same thing, if not better.

c5 rv
02-01-08, 11:27 AM

I think CPO coverage is better with 6 yr. (from new), 100K mile bumper-to-bumper new-car style warranty coverage with no deductable. CPO coverage is also cheaper than GMPP for a similar term. However, given the possible price difference between a private party car + GMPP versus a CPO car from a dealer, it may be cheaper overall to go with the private party car + GMPP.

TSS
02-01-08, 07:41 PM

You have helped me out several times, and I don't like disagreeing with you, but I disagree. CPO Cadillac warrantee is better than GMPP. I had two vehicles at the same time, one covered by each. GMPP has deductibles, no loaner car service, does not cover things like bulbs/cosmetic-trim issues/fading radio buttons/etc.

tomm
02-01-08, 08:52 PM
This may be a dumb question but here goes ...... If one were to purchase a used Cadillac still under warranty from a non GM dealer, can it be taken to a Cadillac dealer to be "certified" and a six year 100,000 mile warranty be purchased.

Cant be done... Simply the cadillac dealer can only add the certified warranty at point of sale of the vehicle.. You can not get it at any other time.