: fuel injector replacements?

lakesidepark
01-25-08, 10:53 AM
I have a problem. Failed injector is leaking thru and flooding cylinder #5. I have already pulled off the intake plenum and injector plenum to replace the injectors. I intend to replace the entire set.

WOW they are expensive!!! :crying: The OEM injectors are running as high as $200 a piece. There are some cheaper options...but I have no experience with the 'remanufactured' injectors. Some of the reason they are so expensive - they are disc-style 43# injectors! Why such a hi-rated injector for a 200HP engine??

My questions?
1) has anyone used the 'remanufactured' injectors? Any problems?
2) Is there a less expensive option that will work? Anyone tried lower flow-rated injectors? Other brands (AC Delco, Lucas)?

And a note for sccatera - sorry I haven't been back to respond on the rear seat. I will have to pass on it right now. Hope you find someone that can use it; I will just have to keep my rear armrest down and save my money for injectors!!

frank moran
01-25-08, 11:40 AM
I have a problem. Failed injector is leaking thru and flooding cylinder #5. I have already pulled off the intake plenum and injector plenum to replace the injectors. I intend to replace the entire set.

WOW they are expensive!!! :crying: The OEM injectors are running as high as $200 a piece. There are some cheaper options...but I have no experience with the 'remanufactured' injectors. Some of the reason they are so expensive - they are disc-style 43# injectors! Why such a hi-rated injector for a 200HP engine??

My questions?
1) has anyone used the 'remanufactured' injectors? Any problems?
2) Is there a less expensive option that will work? Anyone tried lower flow-rated injectors? Other brands (AC Delco, Lucas)?

And a note for sccatera - sorry I haven't been back to respond on the rear seat. I will have to pass on it right now. Hope you find someone that can use it; I will just have to keep my rear armrest down and save my money for injectors!!

I had a similar problem on #3, all the reman stuff is just a cleaning....if down time is not a problem put one in, otherwise save youself some aggravation and just put one new one in. I looked all over for a cheaper alternative , I also dont see any need to replace all of them. You can send your old ones off for a cleaning etc. I did this once on an old vette and honestly cant say there was an improvement, just my .02.

elvin315
01-25-08, 11:53 AM
Rock Auto Parts (http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/raframecatalog.php)

AC DELCO Part # 2173095 {#93177457}
INJECTOR,SEQ M/PORT FUEL
* Non-stock item--shipping delayed up to 12 business days *
$57.79

Elvin