: Catera HID Bulb!??

frmg0014
01-25-08, 05:04 AM
OK what is the deal with these bulbs? It's getting kinda of frustrating. I ordered a set from EBAY which says it's for a 2001 Cadillac Catera. I go through the pain of trying to install them, and then low and behold... the bulbs are totally different. I received D1S and my old bulbs say D2S?!? Now I emailed the seller telling him his auction has the wrong description and he sent me wrong bulbs. He says he got the info from Sylvania.com which does show D1S for my car! Also all HID auctions from Ebay seem to be showing D1S for my car!?

Can someone verify what the originial bulb is for a 2001 Catera? Is it possible I got an aftermarket HID system??!?

MyOpel
01-25-08, 08:58 PM
I'm guessing you have a Sport so yes you need D2S bulbs. Sylvania.com is wrong. Try looking for Osram 66040 or Philips 85122

pflanigen
02-11-08, 02:15 PM
I had the same problem with my Catera. The coreect bulb is the D2S.

Cadi Cat
02-11-08, 06:31 PM
I think the only difference between the d1s and d2s bulbs is the base that comes with the d1s bulbs. I think the two will separate and you can still use the bulb which will directly plug into the factory harness. This I'm not 100% positive but it's worth a shot if they come apart.

sfife
02-17-08, 04:36 PM
OK what is the deal with these bulbs? It's getting kinda of frustrating. I ordered a set from EBAY which says it's for a 2001 Cadillac Catera. I go through the pain of trying to install them, and then low and behold... the bulbs are totally different. I received D1S and my old bulbs say D2S?!? Now I emailed the seller telling him his auction has the wrong description and he sent me wrong bulbs. He says he got the info from Sylvania.com which does show D1S for my car! Also all HID auctions from Ebay seem to be showing D1S for my car!?

Can someone verify what the originial bulb is for a 2001 Catera? Is it possible I got an aftermarket HID system??!?
I'm looking for replacement bulbs. Did you try the D2S? Is it the correct bulb? KBCARSTUFF in Vaughan sells them on-line.

CateraMV6
02-18-08, 07:35 AM
I think some of the first systems came with D1S bulbs because those have the igniters right on the bulb but then they moved those components to the Ballast and thats how the D2S was born but for whatever reason they got their info all mixed up, the websites with the specs that is...
D2S 85122 is a 4300k bulb and if you want bluer light get the 85122+ as that one is a CM ~5000K.

And see if you can get your money back from that guy. Also you should have asked here before you ordered them.