: Is there such thing as KARS anymore?

Blairski
01-24-08, 11:53 PM
I want the kars stage 3 kit but no response from their website and the numbers disconected. are they not around anymore? seems like their kit is better than all the bmr stuff. i wanted to get the specter works bushings with the kars. but now what?!

Florian
01-24-08, 11:56 PM
I want the kars stage 3 kit but no response from their website and the numbers disconected. are they not around anymore? seems like their kit is better than all the bmr stuff. i wanted to get the specter works bushings with the kars. but now what?!

youre about 8 months late....no more KARS for now.

F

Blairski
01-25-08, 12:33 AM
so bmr wheel hop kit with the specter works bushings is the only way to go?

STAGEUP
01-25-08, 01:10 AM
Pretty much.

Seattle CTS-V
01-25-08, 03:11 AM
Yep, such an awesome product too (I have one). Not enough people were willing to risk their warranties to keep him afloat. Now that alot of cars are off warranty I see more and more requests for his products. Bad timing, I guess.

Twitch
01-25-08, 07:51 AM
I was wondering if you can do the specter bushings with the BMR wheelhop kit. Can anybody confirm that?

trukk
01-25-08, 03:44 PM
Yep, such an awesome product too (I have one). Not enough people were willing to risk their warranties to keep him afloat. Now that alot of cars are off warranty I see more and more requests for his products. Bad timing, I guess.

Exactly.

I'm so glad I bought one over the summer.

I think as more and more people come off warranty, we are going to start seeing a lot of issues with these cars. The rear end issue is really going to get bad.

-Chris

Sherlock
01-25-08, 08:52 PM
I was wondering if you can do the specter bushings with the BMR wheelhop kit. Can anybody confirm that?
I was wondering the same thing. I assumed if you were using the Specter Bushings you could use BMR wheel hop bar, but not the BMR bushings, is this correct? Does the BMR wheel bar really do anything? Is there advantages to doing both?

I was going to make a post about this, as I couldn't find anything searching.

Blairski
01-25-08, 11:06 PM
anybody out there used both with each other?

CTSV_Rob
01-26-08, 03:10 PM
I don't see why you couldn't use both. BTW, the specter bushings only work on 04 - 05.

Glad I got my KARS during that last run.

Twitch
01-26-08, 04:19 PM
Guess nobody actually did it yet.
From the looks of it, the BMR uses spacers that go on the bushings. Specter uses inserts. If they dont get in each others way, then you'll probably get a lot more noise. But all this is, at best, a good guess.
I'll get my BMR kit soon.

Naf
01-27-08, 02:35 AM
Ya, i was lucky scorin mine from a fellw member....

I will give him a call and see how much he is willin to sell his design for. If enough of you all would like one i could start producin them. But shippin would be the only issue...I am sort of on the other end of the world. But trust me quality will be second to NO ONE...

Stay in touch..

Naf

Blairski
01-27-08, 02:52 AM
what, do u have a different kit than we dont know about naf? pics? demonstrations of some sort? price? realiabilty?

Venomous-V
01-27-08, 12:49 PM
yeah, what you talkin bout?????????

stkshkr
01-27-08, 01:17 PM
He' talking about buying the design from Doug for the KARS cradle kit and producing them.

SkullV
01-27-08, 08:32 PM
You could just make a bunch and have Luke sell them!

Naf
01-28-08, 01:08 AM
I could check with Luke to see if he would sell them..But it all depends on Dougs price for the rights to build these cradles. I dont like to steal someone elses design. Its not fair and not to mention expensive in courts...

Obviously there isnt much i could offer in addition to what Doug has, except maybe a color preference...But Ford put it right long ago, "The Customer Can Have Any Color He Wants So Long As It's Black" :-D

Blairski
01-28-08, 02:25 AM
why did doug quit making them anyways? can you even get ahold of him? tell him i want one now and ill throw down on the rights for you. :)

Naf
01-28-08, 07:07 AM
How badly do you need one. I have one stage 3 cradle that is minus the diff brace. PM me for price....

ahahnu
01-28-08, 04:03 PM
Doug stopped making them due to financial troubles I believe. He never elaborated, just said he was losing (I think selling or renting) his shop. I know he did say that he was disappointed in all the attention the kits received to how may people actually purchased. I also think designing and manufacturing a new rear may have contributed as well. (then the only one he made was traded in!)Yeah it kills you waranty, but for $20 to have my local shop remove it, the $20 to have them put it on again was well worth the price. I just wish it didn't resonate so much noise to the cabin as the result is amazing. It just makes the car feel more solid.

stkshkr
01-28-08, 04:59 PM
He made 2 new rears.

Crawler
01-28-08, 10:47 PM
Does anybody have any good pics of the KARS?

I'm looking to fab up some parts for my V. The wheel hop is killing me, even just driving "spirited". I don't even try straight line acceleration unless I'm at 40mph or better.

rand49er
01-29-08, 09:06 AM
Does anybody have any good pics of the KARS? ...On or off car?

Crawler
01-29-08, 10:21 AM
Both if its not too much to ask.

ahahnu
01-29-08, 07:26 PM
I forgot there was a second. Gee I wonder who got the other.......

How is it working out btw, now that you have had it for a while?

stkshkr
01-29-08, 08:14 PM
I've had no problems other than gear noise.

Crawler
01-30-08, 01:03 AM
I received a PM about some pics.

I'll PM you back as soon as I have 20 posts, or you can email me

w e s s n o w

@

gmail.com

Just take out the spaces. (Dang BOTS on the internet)

~WS~

Naf
01-31-08, 09:14 AM
Still waitin on answers....And to be honest they are so easy for me to make...I am going to make mine out of Aluminum...HEHE savin weight...Since i really havent joined a gym yet...

atdeneve
01-31-08, 10:57 AM
Mi hermano, if you do in fact fabricate one out of aluminum, fabriqúeme uno, también. Much obliged. ¿Usted toma paypal?

SkullV
01-31-08, 11:01 AM
Would aluminum not be much harder to weld to? I think the majority of people dont know how to tig.....

atdeneve
01-31-08, 12:36 PM
Also, we wouldn't see any cracking issues with aluminum, would we?

rand49er
01-31-08, 04:08 PM
...I am going to make mine out of Aluminum...:bonkers:

Naf
02-01-08, 03:02 AM
Hey,

I am not crazy or Loco. They make Driveshafts out of Aluminum. And these suckers spin at 5000+ rpm with up to 800hp...

I have some of the best welders in the world here...If you want crazy i was going to make a Titanium exhaust from the headers all the way back...Can you imagine the weight savings and price of this little project? But no one would sell me the ti pipe i wanted...I had the aragon, i have the special rooms, i have the talent, hell i have the ideas...But no suppliers :-( This seems to be the case almost all the time...They think international is up to the borders of the US with Canada...FYI thats national....

Weight is our enemy in acceleration and top speed. But you need to control you car never the less...

Btw what was it you wrote in Spanish Gringo?

atdeneve
02-01-08, 11:40 AM
I was just sayin, if you do end up makin up some aluminum sets, I want in, si?