: 99 Catera Blowing Cold Air on Driver's Side

Hoosier
01-24-08, 08:21 PM
My Catera is blowing cold air on the driver's side vents when I have the heat on. The vents on the passeneger side work fine.

Any ideas?

10KTGOLD
01-24-08, 11:13 PM
heater core

sccatera97
01-25-08, 07:09 AM
If it is blowing hot on one side and cold on the other, the temperature control actuator for the driver's side must be bad and the passenger's side is still working. I will look in the manual for dianosis.

ed7092
01-25-08, 07:54 AM
under the dash by the foot well to the right there's a little motor i think it's called climate control actuator, check if it's moving when you change the temperature, if it does but you don't see the plastic thing moving then the gears in the motor are not grabbing. what i did on mine was putting a shim in between enough to make the gears grab again. check this video out it will give you a better idea also there's a post related to this somewhere in this fine catera site with all the answers, hope this help!!! good luck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23TguiO-Qi0

Hoosier
01-25-08, 12:18 PM
Thanks for the help. I had the crankshaft sensor replaced at the dealership and the heat failed literally right after that. I was driving back home to DC, so it's impossible for me to go back to that dealer. But I'm wondering if they screwed something up when fixing the crankshaft sensor