: Any one know of any good lawyers in the ATL, GA. area

DownSouthV
01-24-08, 03:00 PM
Had a run in with the POPO the other night which resulted in a night in jail...charged with racing which resulted in a wreckless driving charge. :'( Wondering if any one knew any good lawyers in the Atlanta area...

dkozloski
01-24-08, 03:19 PM
Matlock.

MauiV
01-24-08, 03:26 PM
Were you racing or just speeding next to another car that happened to also be speeding? I have a buddy at a big firm in the ATL. Ill try to get ahold of him and get a name for ya.

thefred
01-24-08, 04:22 PM
Geez, not another one of you. Can't you all stay out of the PoPos way? Become a supporting member, PM me and I'll see what I can do for you.

HushH
01-25-08, 08:55 AM
^^^^^^^Contact this guy ^^^^^^^^

And quit racing on Barrett, there's much better places around here :D

odla
01-25-08, 10:35 AM
what happen to your car.

DownSouthV
01-26-08, 03:15 PM
haha i guess you could say i was "speeding next to another car who also happened to be speeding..." however i kno the cop didnt see a damn thing nor did he clock my speed or the other car nor did the other car get pulled over. On my ticket it just says "racing" no other description, which resulted in a automatic reckless driving charge. Thankfully when three cops proceeded to handcuff me my friend was in the car to drive her home instead of letting lovely cobb co. impound her.
-BTW hush i was not on barrett haha... canton road gettin onto 75N...maybe you can share some more exclusive spots with me somtime if i still have my license haha

nhassis
01-26-08, 07:30 PM
Note to all platinum V owners. Places not to screw around???? The city of Acworth :tisk:. I am afraid that my jackassy ways have the entire law enforcement community here on the lookout for the dreaded my slow assed crown vic cannot keep up with that meshy grilled silver Cadillac .
I know, I know, sounds a like rambling, but mark my words….. AVOID! I would give the details but would rather not be extensively mocked and or lectured.
Anywho, depending on how far you are willing to go and or pay the law office I worked with had a guy who used to prosecute for Cobb County.
PM if interested and I will provide more details……

n

malcolm
01-26-08, 07:48 PM
You don't need a lawyer unless you have excess cash to get rid of. Postpone the court date as many times as you can get away with and when they finally say that's it go to court, dresses like a citizen, get there early and talk to the prosecutor and tell him you want to deal. Tell him you will plead guilty to some lessor charge without points but carries a heavy fine. All they want is the money, it's a win win and the cash you would have given the laywer pays the fine and you're good. BTW, that's all a lawyer will do for you.

HushH
01-26-08, 11:16 PM
Yeah, Cobb County, GA is not an area you want to get caught in. Hope you at least beat the guy you...uh...weren't racing.

DownSouthV
01-27-08, 09:32 AM
I guarantee Nhassis is the reason i was pulled over this weekend for absolutely no reason by 2 cherokee county officers in acworth haha... the cop comes up and asked me if i knew how fast i was going and i proceeded to tell him..." yes i was going 35 in a 45"... he then looked rather sad that he couldnt figure out a ticket to give me and walked away.