: Exhaust question...

V-Speed
01-23-08, 04:24 PM
When I bought my Cadillac, it already came with custom mid pipe with no cats, since it was from FL. Well, I brought it over to MD, and of course, now I need to pass inspection. No one will want to pass me with no cats, so unfortunately I might have to swap my exhaust...

I was wondering what would be my best choice here? Getting an aftermarket mid-pipe with cats or just getting high flow cats? Or maybe putting stock mid-pipe back on altogether? I like the way the exhaust sounds, but sometimes I wish it was deeper, less raspier. I wouldn't even care, if, of course, I didn't need to change it for emissions :banghead: Any input is appreciated.

rand49er
01-23-08, 04:37 PM
The question is, will hi-flo cats allow you to pass MD's test?

If not, you may be able to find somebody's OEM cats on here.

V-Speed
01-23-08, 04:45 PM
The question is, will hi-flo cats allow you to pass MD's test?

If not, you may be able to find somebody's OEM cats on here.

Don't really care about the emissions part as much as I do about the state inspection.

50 4Ever
01-23-08, 04:48 PM
high flow cats will not pass the sniffer in CA, supposedly CA is the toughest in the nation. You might check on the corvette forum in the northeast forun to see if anyone in MD has high flow cats that will pass smog.

Good luck

heavymetals
01-23-08, 05:02 PM
Cheapest sneakiest way to go is borrow someones stock exhaust and clear all the paperwork.

V-Speed
01-23-08, 05:04 PM
high flow cats will not pass the sniffer in CA, supposedly CA is the toughest in the nation. You might check on the corvette forum in the northeast forun to see if anyone in MD has high flow cats that will pass smog.

Good luck

In MD they don't even hook the sniffer up anymore unless your car is something like 10 years or older.

randycsvt
01-24-08, 02:02 AM
If they dont hook up a sniffer or do a visual inspection they must be checking for codes thrown for a poorly functioning catalyst system. You can get what are called MIL eliminators. They should cost under $50 a pair and plug inline between the rear O2 sensors and the factory harness. These fool the computer into thinking that the car has fully functioning catalytic converters.

Let me know if you want to get rid of the catless pipes. I may be interested, but I need to keep the stock ones i have on the car now.

trukk
01-24-08, 01:28 PM
V-Speed,

I'm in scenic Elkridge, just around the corner from you.

I have Corsa + catted Kooks, if you want to see how that sounds. CobraYankee is also in Ellicott City, and is going to install a Zoomers on his.

I also have my OEM cats still if you want to borrow them for the inspection.

Emissions is no problem. I just went in Aug with headers, no issues at all. You just need to have no codes or a lit CEL, and it's all good.

Let me know if you want to meet up.

-Chris