: Heath Ledger found dead

Blackout
01-22-08, 05:07 PM
I just saw it on CNN and they have it on their website as well

Playdrv4me
01-22-08, 05:09 PM
Yup, he was found surrounded by pills. His last film will actually be the upcoming Batman movie.

He was probably dealing with Brokeback demons.

CadillacSTS42005
01-22-08, 05:16 PM
damn...

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-22-08, 05:21 PM
What?! He was so young! Teenage women all around the world will be in tears for weeks.

LOL @ Ian's post.

gary88
01-22-08, 05:22 PM
Damn, I liked him in The Patriot.

dkozloski
01-22-08, 06:17 PM
Never heard of him. Must be a rapper.

malcolm
01-22-08, 06:25 PM
Brokeback Mountain pole smoker

Jesda
01-22-08, 06:26 PM
I've heard the name but never cared who he was. Googling revealed he was one of those Brokeback guys.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-22-08, 07:06 PM
Well there goes the sequel: "Brokeback Mountain 2, Riding Bareback." :bigroll:

JTraik
01-22-08, 07:19 PM
They finished batman right?????!??!

Destroyer
01-22-08, 07:29 PM
Great actor, I really enjoyed his movies and the kids love "A Knights Tale". Rumor had it he was going to star in a new Mad Max movie playing Max's son. Guess thats not gonna happen. I never realized how young he was, I thought he was maybe mid 30's right now. Damn shame!.

Rolex
01-22-08, 07:38 PM
:yawn:

I'd have thought Britney Spears would go before him. +1 I think A Knight's Tale is his best movie. Being a Hollywood starlet just isn'ta charmed life.

dkozloski
01-22-08, 07:54 PM
Batman's gone queer too?

CIWS
01-22-08, 08:04 PM

Yeah it's in post-production.

http://www.ciws.info/images/joker1.jpg

DILLIGAF
01-22-08, 08:13 PM
Another dead kid ,wtf?

Britney's to annoying to go away.

Destroyer
01-22-08, 08:47 PM
Batman's gone queer too?What?????

hueterm
01-22-08, 08:58 PM
Great actor, I really enjoyed his movies and the kids love "A Knights Tale". Rumor had it he was going to star in a new Mad Max movie playing Max's son. Guess thats not gonna happen. I never realized how young he was, I thought he was maybe mid 30's right now. Damn shame!.

Yeah, he wasn't aging too well... I guess the pills were taking their toll. Such a waste -- gets the world at his feet and instead of thriving, ruins his life and leaves his kid w/o a father.

A friend of mine died similarly and this really brings up bad memories.

Britney needs to take notice -- the AP's already drawn up her obit.

dkozloski
01-22-08, 09:56 PM
Britney needs to take notice -- the AP's already drawn up her obit.
Now that would really be a shame to let the obit go to waste.

thebigjimsho
01-22-08, 10:22 PM
It seems like every Americanized Australian has a problem with substance abuse...

Heath Ledger...drugs.
Mel Gibson...alcohol.
Keith Urban...alcohol and cocaine.
Nicole Kidman...Botox.

RightTurn
01-22-08, 10:25 PM
^^ :lol:

Seriously, people. The man is dead, show a little respect.

gdwriter
01-22-08, 10:37 PM
Britney needs to take notice -- the AP's already drawn up her obit.:yeah:

Now that would really be a shame to let the obit go to waste.:histeric: POTD!

Britney's too annoying to go away.:histeric:

LS1Mike
01-22-08, 10:58 PM

+1. I can't say I have seen everything he has done, but the stuff I have seen him in was entertaining.
I have not seen Broke Back mountain, but it was just a movie. So no big deal.
I didn't realize he was that young either.
Pretty sad.:(

dkozloski
01-22-08, 11:17 PM
Now we'll be getting "Heath Ledger still dead" stories for the next month.

Destroyer
01-23-08, 08:40 AM
[QUOTE=LS1Mike;1376925
I have not seen Broke Back mountain, but it was just a movie.[/QUOTE]
Brokeback mountain was not his best work. It was an awful movie with not much in the way of a story line. I loved the Patriot with him and Mel Gibson. Thing that sucks is that whenever they mention him on the news they keep talking about Brokeback Mountain and thats really gay.

Playdrv4me
01-23-08, 10:20 AM
Brokeback Mountain was a turning point in his career. Much like Daniel Day-Lewis' transformation in There will be Blood, but to a lesser extent, Heath Ledger really made you believe he had been out in the hard country his whole life. Jake Gyllenhaal didn't hold a candle to Heath's performance.

There may not have been much of a story-line, but the cinematography was a spectacle.

malcolm
01-23-08, 10:44 AM
^^ :lol:

Seriously, people. The man is dead, show a little respect.

Respect for a dead junkie? Who by the way, had the whole world by the nuts, I don't think so. Ah the poor millionaire actor, so misunderstood. :cookoo:

CadillacGurl
01-23-08, 10:51 AM
The family believes it was an accidental death... also his autopsy is inconclusive (2 different links)
http://www.armstrongmywire.com/news/read.php?id=15829402&ps=1016&cat=&cps=&lang=en
http://www.armstrongmywire.com/news/read.php?id=15829402&ps=1016&cat=&cps=&lang=en

malcolm
01-23-08, 11:21 AM
I don't know what the call it down under but around here we call that denial.

RightTurn
01-23-08, 12:36 PM
I call it a tragedy no matter what the circumstances.

malcolm
01-23-08, 01:14 PM
A 19 year old kid getting killed in Iraq is a tragedy, a spoiled punk millionaire actor ODing in a $23,000 a month apartment in NYC is not.

No offense RightTurn, BTW I love that ankle.

Playdrv4me
01-23-08, 02:24 PM
Jack Nicholson's response when reporters informed him Heath was dead?: "Haha... I warned him!...hehe".

Jack Nicholson is my hero.

IamFredMaxwell
01-23-08, 02:38 PM
Jack Nicholson's response when reporters informed him Heath was dead?: "Haha... I warned him!...hehe".

Jack Nicholson is my hero.

Jack's a pimp

Jonas McFeely
01-23-08, 02:42 PM
Jack's a pimp

MAXWELL! You scoundrel!

HITMONEY
01-23-08, 02:43 PM
Heath Ledger dead, front page news for last 2 days and god knows how many more.

Britney on front page almost every day.

Meanwhile....

This doesn't even make the news anymore. (http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/ops/iraq_casualties_current.htm)

Sad.

IamFredMaxwell
01-23-08, 02:45 PM
MAXWELL! You scoundrel!

Oh yeah! I can't use my other account because I've been banned for 2 days because of a smiley

IamFredMaxwell
01-23-08, 02:45 PM
Heath Ledger dead, front page news for last 2 days and god knows how many more.

Britney on front page almost every day.

Meanwhile....

This doesn't even make the news anymore. (http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/ops/iraq_casualties_current.htm)

Sad.

You have to have priorities!

Jonas McFeely
01-23-08, 02:51 PM
Oh yeah! I can't use my other account because I've been banned for 2 days because of a smiley

I always thought it would have been over some drama in the Kill Stories forum...

IamFredMaxwell
01-23-08, 02:54 PM
I always thought it would have been over some drama in the Kill Stories forum...

Nope, just something even more stupid then being banned for something in the Kills stories section lol. Some people need to take some of these

http://realonomics.net/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/chill-pill.jpg

But I'll probably get banned for posting that because I am promoting drug use or something along those lines

hueterm
01-23-08, 07:47 PM
A 19 year old kid getting killed in Iraq is a tragedy, a spoiled punk millionaire actor ODing in a $23,000 a month apartment in NYC is not.

Yeah, I'm sure his family (including his child, one day) will agree with you.

malcolm
01-23-08, 08:34 PM
Yeah, I'm sure his family (including his child, one day) will agree with you.
boo hoo hoo

U.S. Deaths Confirmed By The DoD: 3930

Wonder how many of these Americans had wives and children?

hueterm
01-23-08, 09:50 PM
Just to make sure I'm perfectly clear --

My calling out THIS:

was in no way intended to minimize the sacrifice of any of our troops.

I should have quoted it like THIS:

...a spoiled punk millionaire actor ODing in a $23,000 a month apartment in NYC is not. (a tragedy)

to be as accurate as possible.

And while the media coverage of this event has been blown way out of proportion -- especially when compared to the lives and stories of our fallen and injured troops -- I don't see why there's a need to be a smartaleck w/regard to someone who died.

Silver Dollar
01-24-08, 11:48 AM
You're right, let's be serious for a moment. I made two YTMDs in memoriam …………… :(

http://whatwouldheathdo.ytmnd.com/

http://brokebackmountain4.ytmnd.com/