: Newb

canadianwarship
05-13-04, 02:56 AM
Hello everyone, new here, not a Caddy owner :hide: just a Northstar fan. Glad this place exists.

CADDYBLACK99
05-13-04, 12:26 PM
Welcome!
Thanks for signing up with us. That is the great thing about this place there is no ownership requirement, just an interest or passion!
:welcome:
Paul

BeelzeBob
05-13-04, 03:39 PM
Welcome aboard! Thank you for signing up! :) Spread the word!

Ralph
05-13-04, 04:22 PM
Hello everyone, new here, not a Caddy owner :hide: just a Northstar fan. Glad this place exists. :welcome: Welcome to the finest Forum on the planet. What's up with your handle, and then I see your location?? :hmm: ;)

canadianwarship
05-13-04, 11:31 PM
:welcome: Welcome to the finest Forum on the planet. What's up with your handle, and then I see your location?? :hmm: ;)

Heh. I'm actually a native Austinite and live there now. I'm just a satirewire.com fan, *this story* (http://www.satirewire.com/news/feb02/warship.shtml) in particular.

Ralph
05-14-04, 01:55 AM
Heh. I'm actually a native Austinite and live there now. I'm just a satirewire.com fan, *this story* (http://www.satirewire.com/news/feb02/warship.shtml) in particular.

LOL! Actually it's a fishing boat, but we disguise it pretty good. :p I'm putting something up for you in the Lounge. We'll get along just fine. ;)

Actually, about our military, here is a link, and I think if you scroll down about half-way, it gets interesting!
http://durtydan.paintballresource.org/www.durtydan.com/ddcc/canaccom.html

Ralph
05-16-04, 02:40 AM
I meant to ask, what kind of Caddy would you buy? I sure like those late '90's Eldorados, but they are rare to see!

canadianwarship
05-16-04, 11:24 PM
An XLR :eyebrow: Or maybe a CTS-V, because even though pushrods aren't really my bag, the LS1 is a great engine...Not that I could afford either of those :D

Back in "reality," if I bought a used Caddy I'd go for an STS, and learn to deal with wrong wheel...uh, front wheel drive :tease:

I have a crazy plan to put the N* into an old Datsun z-car. It'll take some work, needless to say...

Ralph
05-16-04, 11:37 PM
I have a crazy plan to put the N* into an old Datsun z-car. It'll take some work, needless to say...

I can't even remember the last time I saw a Datsun z car! They were all over the place in the 80's, then they disappeared. :hmm:

I'm sure someone, somewhere has put a N* in a 280Z or ?. I've heard someone put one in a Fiero or something, that thing would MOVE!

p.s. N* is a great engine, but pushrods LAST LONGER. :farting: :yawn:

canadianwarship
05-16-04, 11:45 PM
I can't even remember the last time I saw a Datsun z car! They were all over the place in the 80's, then they disappeared. :hmm:

They have little rust problems, but restorable examples abound around here :)

I'm sure someone, somewhere has put a N* in a 280Z or ?. I've heard someone put one in a Fiero or something, that thing would MOVE!

You'd think someone would have, I mean, talk about a good match (in my mind anyway.) But according to the guys at HybridZ.org (and they would know,) it hasn't yet been done, although someone got as far as test fitting one before deciding to do an LS1 swap.

p.s. N* is a great engine, but pushrods LAST LONGER. :farting: :yawn:

:want: :p

Ralph
05-16-04, 11:56 PM
When I think of what Caddies will be around in 40 years, I'll bet it won't be the brand new ones. The reason, all the computer technology that's in them will be obsolete, and eventually, they won't stock computer parts for them. The Caddies that will probably be around are all the 50's, 60's and 1970's. These cars are more simple, and can be fixed with a screwdriver and a piece of bubblegum! (well, you get my point) :rolleyes2

There is beauty to simplicity, and pushrods are simple and old world tech. :lildevil: