: I went to court for my wreck

TexasCadillac
01-22-08, 03:05 AM
I went to court for the wreck in which my Fleetwood was totaled out, I got hit from the rear by a P T Cruiser. They awarded me 75,000 minus the 40% attorney fees. I only got a judgement so far. I will buy another FW with part of the money and keep my Deville. The defendant did not show up in court, they have 30 days to appeal the decision. Their insurance was a bogus insurance card, they got tickets for no drivers license and failure to control speed to avoid an accident. And she got more tickets the next month. 3 weeks ago a parts man at the Cadillac dealer told me the ladys husband backed into a brand new Pontiac Soltice convertible at the dealer and drove away with them looking at him hit and leave, they tracked him down. They own a black funeral home and all the vehicles are leased and the funeral home is only valued at 65,000. I had 50,000 insurance from my full coverage insurance to cover some of it, not sure how much they will pay. The pain has really got worse, morphine does not do much and my stomach can't take anything stronger. I turn 50 the 23rd wich does not help. I am going to a neurologist next to see if he can help. Sorry to ramble on, I can't sleep much at night. TexasCadillac

JC316
01-22-08, 04:26 AM
Damn, sorry to hear that you are in pain. How hard did she hit you? I have seen some a Fleetwood take a major shot to the rear and the cabin be fine. The attorney fees are insane, but at least you got the ruling, now whether they will pay or not is a different story. It may come down to their property being siezed and liquidated. Just curious, what part of east Texas are you from?
??

TexasCadillac
01-22-08, 05:32 AM
Damn, sorry to hear that you are in pain. How hard did she hit you? I have seen some a Fleetwood take a major shot to the rear and the cabin be fine. The attorney fees are insane, but at least you got the ruling, now whether they will pay or not is a different story. It may come down to their property being siezed and liquidated. Just curious, what part of east Texas are you from?
??
Hi, I was turning and she hit me about 70 mph and I am near Palestine. I keep wondering if the PT Cruiser was a body pick up vehicle and if someone was in there. She drove the PT 100 yards after she hit me, probably throwing drugs or something out in a field she went through and then turned 90 degrees another 50 ft. She did not coast that far after hitting me. I may have some discount caskets for sale and a funeral home to rent out. LOL J/K I am up all night gritting my teeth and chewing my inside cheeck in pain even after taking Morphine, valium and naproxene and I use real ice packs to freeze the nerves. Thanks TC

CadillacGurl
01-22-08, 08:48 AM
Damn I'm sorry to hear about that. Hopefully they'll get her good :thumbsup:

Cadillacboy
01-22-08, 12:20 PM
Good luck with Texas :)
I hope you find a FWB soon

dkozloski
01-22-08, 12:25 PM
Maybe they can get you a deal on flowers.

Jesda
01-22-08, 12:37 PM
Sheesh! Doesnt sound like a funeral home I'd use. They probably dump the bodies in the river.

dkozloski
01-22-08, 12:49 PM
Alaska's do-it-yourself burial law is the only way to go. All you need is a blue tarp, duct tape, a cardboard box, and a shovel.

gdwriter
01-22-08, 12:55 PM
Alaska's do-it-yourself burial law is the only way to go. All you need is a blue tarp, duct tape, a cardboard box, and a shovel.Boy, I wouldn't want to have a funeral in January! Do those shovels come with titanium tips?

dkozloski
01-22-08, 02:17 PM
Boy, I wouldn't want to have a funeral in January! Do those shovels come with titanium tips?
They have the funeral anyway but store the body in a refrigerated shed until the ground thaws in the spring. Sometimes they dig holes in the fall in anticipation. If worse comes to worse, out come the steam boilers and thaw points. It's a tough life/death in the far north.

JC316
01-22-08, 02:46 PM
Hi, I was turning and she hit me about 70 mph and I am near Palestine. I keep wondering if the PT Cruiser was a body pick up vehicle and if someone was in there. She drove the PT 100 yards after she hit me, probably throwing drugs or something out in a field she went through and then turned 90 degrees another 50 ft. She did not coast that far after hitting me. I may have some discount caskets for sale and a funeral home to rent out. LOL J/K I am up all night gritting my teeth and chewing my inside cheeck in pain even after taking Morphine, valium and naproxene and I use real ice packs to freeze the nerves. Thanks TC

Ouch! I am shocked that she made it out alive. Hitting a big ass Cadillac in a PT cruiser, doing 70MPH. Well, I hope that you get the compensation that is coming to you and that you start feeling better.

gdwriter
01-22-08, 03:54 PM
They have the funeral anyway but store the body in a refrigerated shed until the ground thaws in the spring. Sometimes they dig holes in the fall in anticipation. If worse comes to worse, out come the steam boilers and thaw points. It's a tough life/death in the far north.I figured as much. My grandmother died in January 1985 in New Hampshire, and she wasn't buried until spring.

Red_October_7000
01-22-08, 06:33 PM
Wow that's insane... how can a PT cruiser hit a Caddy at 70 and remain driveable?
Sucks that you're in pain; I hope you take 'em to the cleaners!

Rolex
01-22-08, 07:47 PM
These people sound like dirtbags. If they don't have insurance you're going to get screwed on your money. IMO people driving without insurance deserve a little time behind bars.

I sincerely hope your injuries heal and you regain your strength. I also hope these people get exactly what they have coming. :gun:

dkozloski
01-22-08, 07:52 PM
I'll repeat myself. The dame that hit me with no insurance forfeited her vehicle and did jail time. It didn't pay my deductible but I got a certain satisfaction.

gdwriter
01-22-08, 10:39 PM
I'll repeat myself. The dame that hit me with no insurance forfeited her vehicle and did jail time.Exactly as it should be.

MauiV
01-22-08, 11:09 PM
In Louisiana they take your plates and put a yellow sticker in the window. I was just waiting to get hit by one of those folks and sue everyone from the Sheriff on down for knowingly allowing a known uninsured motorist on the road. Talking to some buddies in law they agreed that the state/parish wouldnt have a leg to stand on.

My_favorite_Brougham
01-23-08, 12:12 AM
So TC, are the injuries serious? I mean, you will recover all the way right? You don't have any strange internal hemorrhaging do you? I'll send a prayer on up highway 79, as I'm just nextdoor in College Station; drove through Fairfield today, even.

And this 65k funeral home; what are they gonna do? Sell off the hearses and give the $$$ to you? I hope so. Is your 50k enough to cover the medical/ambulance bills, the FWB, and inconvenience compensation?

Jesda
01-23-08, 12:47 PM
Didnt TN only require insurance a few years ago?

Playdrv4me
01-23-08, 01:54 PM
How does a PT Loser Mopar hit anything at 70mph and still exist, much less a frieken Fleetwood!

Krashed989
01-23-08, 02:32 PM
They have the funeral anyway but store the body in a refrigerated shed...

Ummmm.... They need a refrigerated shed in January? At those temps a refrigerator would probably be heating whatever is in it rather than cooling it down more. lol

But seriously, I hope you get well soon TC. How bad are the injuries?.... How bad is the caddy? It's a FWB, it shouldn't be too bad. Maybe a scratch or something.

dkozloski
01-23-08, 05:20 PM
Ummmm.... They need a refrigerated shed in January? At those temps a refrigerator would probably be heating whatever is in it rather than cooling it down more. lol

But seriously, I hope you get well soon TC. How bad are the injuries?.... How bad is the caddy? It's a FWB, it shouldn't be too bad. Maybe a scratch or something.
The problem comes in the spring. The weather gets warm before the ground thaws.

PAULSTSMAN1
01-23-08, 05:54 PM
Texas Cadillac:

That's real bad news! Here in SOCAL, she'd be in jail, and the Sheriff would be auctioning off her stuff. If they had leased vehicles shouldn't they have had 100,000/300,000 liability and 50,000 property damage. In SOCAL A LEASING COMPANY WON'T LEASE UNLESS YOU carry higher levels of insurance. Your Attorney should have gone after the Leasing Company as well, what's he doing for the 40%. Seems to me you have a malpractice suit also.:mad:

TexasCadillac
01-23-08, 09:28 PM
Thanks for the kind words from everyone. I got some sleep the last few days and feel better now. And thanks Cadillacowners.com for the Happy Birthday email today from Sal. I have a life long motto to myself that the situation could always by worse, but I don't want it to get worse. Like my dad said once, there was a man who cried because he had no shoes until he saw a man with no feet, I am thankful for what I have. I am just glad I didn't get killed. I went by the funeral home and guess what kind of vehicle was there? Another PT Cruiser, it has to be a body pick up wagon. I will ask my attorney why he didn't see if the leased vehicles weren't insured. I think my insurance company Farm Bureau will find out. My full coverage insurance is still 53.00 a month and 3.00 is because I pay monthly, so I could get it for 300 6 months. TexasCadillac

TexasCadillac
01-23-08, 09:45 PM
Texas Cadillac:

That's real bad news! Here in SOCAL, she'd be in jail, and the Sheriff would be auctioning off her stuff. If they had leased vehicles shouldn't they have had 100,000/300,000 liability and 50,000 property damage. In SOCAL A LEASING COMPANY WON'T LEASE UNLESS YOU carry higher levels of insurance. Your Attorney should have gone after the Leasing Company as well, what's he doing for the 40%. Seems to me you have a malpractice suit also.:mad:
Texas towns ares made up of little nazi camps, crooked as a snake. The person with the best lawyer wins or gets out of jail, murders and all. A person who gets out of prison for murder can get food stamps but any drug offense keeps a persom from getting food stamps or student loans for an education. The 6 prisons here have become the main employers here and outsource prison labor. The person that hit my car got more tickets the next month and is stil on the road. One problem is that an insurance company here sells insurance by the month but give a 6 month card. They can just pay for one month to get the insurance card that shows good for 6 months and they can switch insurance to another vehicle and get another card and so on. PaulSTS, yea I wish I had the lawsuit in Cali instead of here. Thanks for the well wishes from everyone. TexasCadillac