: Kooks or stainless works headers with a maggie?

Blairski
01-21-08, 09:21 PM
im stuck on deciding which to go with and i need to order this week. definetly will be getting the high flow cats with either one. any need for resonators? how much will the sound or power change? stainless works claims to add 53 rwhp from putting on their headers with their cats and their 3" exhaust. does sw sound pretty good? kooks? the sw's are only 1 3/4's and the kooks would be 1 7/8's. does that makea noticible difference? its hard to buy without hearing them. i do have the maggie and am not far away from adding a cam and heads.

lunarx
01-22-08, 05:35 AM
SW & Kooks booth sound great.
FYI - Kooks has been earning a bad rap for warped flanges.

rand49er
01-22-08, 10:09 AM
"53 RWHP" sounds a bit optimistic, but a 3" system all the way back would seem the way to go on the surface of it.

I wouldn't be too concerned about 1-3/4 vs 1-7/8 headers (though others here may surely disagree) unless you're trying to squeeze every last drop of hp out of your engine. I guess my point is, how much of the time is your motor going to be running at 6k+ RPM WOT? Regardless, you're going to need a tune.

heavymetals
01-22-08, 01:18 PM
I woudn't count on that much gain.

Half if your lucky and that is after you tune it.

Blairski
01-22-08, 07:44 PM
thanks for the input. i went ahead and ordered the sw headers, cats and sw 3 in exhaust with an x pipe and the resonators so i can switch when i want to. i also am having them jet hot the headers. i got everything shipped for $2500. takes 4 to 5 weeks to get to me though.